hey sycamore, whats your definition of a hipster?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright pops, do your kids know that you love jerking other men off?

thats not even remotely funny kid. you're slipping.

seriously, call me fat, lame, old, whatever feeble insult your 17 year old mind comes up with. i dont care. but dont mention my children. fucking ever.

Seriously though syc. I don't mind your schtick all the time, and your fits are usually pretty solid, but cheap is possibly the only person that wears samurais well in this entire forum(digital denim too). It's hard to call out someone who owns a pair of jeans and then a bunch of lucky ass thrift finds. He gets sufu approval and props while maintaining a good distance from it. Much more respect for doing that than wearing head to toe japanese, sufu inspired clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with that if they look good(like you normally do).

Cheap lives so close to me that i'm just going to have to stalk him as he goes thrifting, and then as he's driving home with all his cheap thrift finds, i'm going to rob him. It's decided. If anyone wants me to pick them up some thrift stuff so they can be a cool hipster, there are plenty of Gator tshirts and Aeropostale clothes at the goodwill by me. Anyone?

Seriously though syc. I don't mind your schtick all the time, and your fits are usually pretty solid, but cheap is possibly the only person that wears samurais well in this entire forum(digital denim too). It's hard to call out someone who owns a pair of jeans and then a bunch of lucky ass thrift finds. He gets sufu approval and props while maintaining a good distance from it. Much more respect for doing that than wearing head to toe japanese, sufu inspired clothes. Not that there is anything wrong with that if they look good(like you normally do).

I wasn't getting on cmf. Hands down some of his outfits are to applaud for. I just pointed back in his direction a hypocritical statement he pointed towards me.

And cult, I really don't give a flying fuck. I'll say whatever I please. I don't care about your feelings. It's a fucking fashion forum on the internet. I know my consequences for my actions. I know sometimes I'm walking on a tightrope when I'm saying these harsh and crude comments towards people. If you don't wanna hear it, don't read supertrash you pseudo-elitest.

I wasn't getting on cmf. Hands down some of his outfits are to applaud for. I just pointed back in his direction a hypocritical statement he pointed towards me.

I know. I just think that some of the board members(most certainly me as i'm as boring as they come) could use a bit branching out from the sufu brands. The looks are good and everything, but could be a bit more creative instead of just going by the sufu book. I'm not talking about you in particular, just a general thought. Hap, bizzy, ryegb(on styleforum), GetSmart(styleforum), rirawin, and a fair amount of others i can't think off the top of my head. No harm, no foul, man.

I know. I just think that some of the board members(most certainly me as i'm as boring as they come) could use a bit branching out from the sufu brands. The looks are good and everything, but could be a bit more creative instead of just going by the sufu book. I'm not talking about you in particular, just a general thought. Hap, bizzy, ryegb(on styleforum), GetSmart(styleforum), rirawin, and a fair amount of others i can't think off the top of my head. No harm, no foul, man.

Branching from sufu brands? Some of those guys you named wear the epitome of sufu brands haha.

does anyone else besides me dress like a normal person on this message board?

jeans, and a white hanes t shirt right now. barefoot right now but my green air max1s are next to me. pretty normal.

Guest jmatsu

my take of the "hipster" labelling is that it has negative connotations (not just because of it's nyc/la imagery). hipsters capitalize on trends and do not add to nor create anything substantial having to do with their construction. they are at best up to date (usually out of date) about the latest states of the industry/fashion.

fashionistas on the other hand predate (or are the quickest) the curb of the industry. i feel that they help in the construction of the industry's general trends that will inevitably be exploited by "hipsters," thus to become fodder for various typical and ugly massmarkets.

If you wear a Mao cap or Che shirt, does that make you:

a) ignorant

B) a communist

c) a poseur communist

d) an douchebag trendy aka The Urban Outfitter

e) just a hipster who hangs out in coffeeshops drinking soy-based beverages, talking about the latest Bright Eyes record, surrounded by unshaven dirty hippie lesbians, talking about the evils of government, the environment, the indie scene; while his BMW that his suburban parents bought for him idles outside because he doesn't want to freeze his ass when he drives home.

i think your hipster is a wussy canadian hipster

i can add something: anyone who lives in brooklyn that isn't a nerd (exception: ironic nerds)

edit: 1000

i think your hipster is a wussy canadian hipster

i can add something: anyone who lives in brooklyn that isn't a nerd

Oh shit, I'm not a hipster then!

(exception: ironic nerds)

Wait... fuck.