Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

why are you selling those? they look good.

As far as wear goes with KMW's, I think its a long process. My 1980's haven't gotten a whole lot of love but after maybe a combined month of wear i'm beggining to see some change.

No one, to my knowledge, has washed a pair every month or so...that could make for interesting results. Hell, i don't think ive ever even seen a properly worn in pair of KMW's...

dickens.jpg

Well, these are my 1980s. About two sizes too big since I lost weight since I got them. They're slouchy on me, but I still love the fit regardless.

They actually haven't gotten a wash since summer, at first I washed in an attempt to shrink them, before I embraced the fit. Then I started washing because I was getting them filthy. Running around on beaches, smelly salt water and all. Hah. But they havent been filthy or anything in a bit, so no wash since august or so.

I'll take better fit pics in a bit.

dickens.jpg

Well, these are my 1980s. About two sizes too big since I lost weight since I got them. They're slouchy on me, but I still love the fit regardless.

They actually haven't gotten a wash since summer, at first I washed in an attempt to shrink them, before I embraced the fit. Then I started washing because I was getting them filthy. Running around on beaches, smelly salt water and all. Hah. But they havent been filthy or anything in a bit, so no wash since august or so.

I'll take better fit pics in a bit.

I don't really care for the fit in the seat. I've got a pair of Stronghold Slims that are similar but with denim and details that I like better and which have a looser fit in the seat.

The denim on the KMW's is really top-notch though. I love how smooth it is. As far as seeing well worn pairs, there was a guy with a very nice looking pair in Context a couple of weeks ago. They had a beautiful range of blues and overall looked totally kick-ass. I have no idea if he's a SF member. I think user ryandenim (sam113's partner at Context) has a pair that he's been wearing for a good while. He might be good enough to post some progress pics.

I don't really care for the fit in the seat. I've got a pair of Stronghold Slims that are similar but with denim and details that I like better and which have a looser fit in the seat.

The denim on the KMW's is really top-notch though. I love how smooth it is. As far as seeing well worn pairs, there was a guy with a very nice looking pair in Context a couple of weeks ago. They had a beautiful range of blues and overall looked totally kick-ass. I have no idea if he's a SF member. I think user ryandenim (sam113's partner at Context) has a pair that he's been wearing for a good while. He might be good enough to post some progress pics.

I just picked up some 2010's........these are WAY different than my Chinese made 1950's......will post a photo comparison when I get some time.......there are definitely some pros and cons to both pairs......but they are both sweet ass jeans......:)

So here it is......my Chinese © vs Japanese (J) KMW comparison....both jeans are semi-new (about 1 month on each)

First thing to point out is the denim itself......the C denim is much slicker, with almost a shiny deep hue....the J denim is much slubbier, and has a ton of cotton hairs sticking out.....the J denim almost feels a bit thicker, and has a more true blue hue (most likely due to the pure vs synthetic indigo)....

kmwcompare1.jpg

kmwcompare2.jpg

As for details.....the C jeans do not have hidden rivets, whereas the J jeans do....The J jeans also have nicer stitching throughout. They both have the hit or miss exposed selvedge on the coin pocket....I do however prefer the copper rivets found on the C jeans over the silver ones on the J. I also prefer the copper anodized crotch buttons on the C over the silver J. Both jeans have a chain stitched hem, which is nice...The J jeans also have a nice leather path on the back, which is absent from the C jeans...

kmwcompare3.jpg

kmwcompare4.jpg

kmwcompare5.jpg

kmwcompare6.jpg

When hot soaking, the C jeans lost a ton of starch, where i saw hardly any loss from the J jean. the picture below shows the soak of the C jeans......forgot to snap one of the J jeans.....

kmwcompare7.jpg

overall they are both nice jeans, but I think I prefer the J over the C.....however since you can find the C jeans online now for 100 or so, I think they are a steal at this price......I will check back in after a few months for some fading updates on the two....

Heres the deal:

Warp and Weft dyed black Japanese Selvage with black hardware, thread and leather patch. These things are inky black. The only thing on them thats not black is the red selvage line. They have a sheen like a coated fabric and will get shinier as they break in.

Only 150 pair made and only available at CONTEXT.

They are in the mail and we will have them early next week.

6z8bx46.jpg

6x1juht.jpg

6z7r2fr.jpg

Anyone who wants to pre-order just hit me up at [email protected]

Heres the deal:

Warp and Weft dyed black Japanese Selvage with black hardware, thread and leather patch. These things are inky black. The only thing on them thats not black is the red selvage line. They have a sheen like a coated fabric and will get shinier as they break in.

Only 150 pair made and only available at CONTEXT.

They are in the mail and we will have them early next week.

6z8bx46.jpg

6x1juht.jpg

6z7r2fr.jpg

Anyone who wants to pre-order just hit me up at [email protected]

I've got my pair pre-ordered and I can't wait to get them!

^no, go look on the website. theyre $275, same as normal 1980s

they look DAMN good, ive been wanting a pair of nice black/black jeans for a long time now, sort of pissed i just spent so much on other things recently, otherwise id be all over these.