Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

yo xerilkx, how are the rockers man, are they nut busting crotch hugging? don't want something too snug and tight if you noe what i mean. if u size up on them, would the fit on the thighs and calfs be too loose? post some pics man! KMW rockers look real cool

0c286b67ebfd2003dbf0226e51d4cb44531efde0.jpg399b27928e8d5cf7e85c9bae3462c449cadfe6a6.jpgf8f3cf45a32342eab596fde2271ef73ea2ae1573.jpg

Shitty pictures but KMW 1980s on a 5'11, 155 frame. 30x32. I pretty much went true to size, I have a tiny waist (28) but thicker from my hips down. I wear them on my hip, so ya. About a month of hard wear on them, blah blah. I went with a 32 inseam because I don't like stacking, and I live in these.

I love my 1980s, perfect fit and all. I've given mine about a month of hard wear, and the creases are setting in really nice... Thing is, I'm still kind of wondering about how they'll fade. It seems they're really hard to break in, from all the testimonials about the chinese production, but I think my creasing is looking really good already in comparison. Anyone getting any good results rom their japanese production KMWs yet? Or even any iteration. KMW talk still looks few and far between.

Let me start by saying I have had my 1980s for about a month and I too am in love with a mule. Regarding fading, I have also noticed they are a bit slow to fade for how hard I have been wearing them. There is some lightening around raised spots on the ass, some in the crotch, and kind of a lot around the rear hem (I walk on them around the house). I'll give them another week and post some picks...if nothing else for the fit.

yo xerilkx, how are the rockers man, are they nut busting crotch hugging? don't want something too snug and tight if you noe what i mean. if u size up on them, would the fit on the thighs and calfs be too loose? post some pics man! KMW rockers look real cool

i'd post some pics, but they're packed for moving home from school.

anyways, check out context's site for some pictures. I'd say go true to size, I wear 36 on some jeans, 34 on others and i got 34's in the rockers. they were tight at first, but stretched out to a perfect fit. they're tight on me, but not overly huge and the fit in the crotch nicely.

if you don't like how they fit when you get them, you can swap for a larger size at context.

Let me start by saying I have had my 1980s for about a month and I too am in love with a mule. Regarding fading, I have also noticed they are a bit slow to fade for how hard I have been wearing them. There is some lightening around raised spots on the ass, some in the crotch, and kind of a lot around the rear hem (I walk on them around the house). I'll give them another week and post some picks...if nothing else for the fit.

I have worn mine for 58 straight days straight (with my cushy job) and the fading is minimal. there is some wear on the knees, and a small amount on the fly. there is also minimal creasing but overall the color has held up with very little change. I do know I cannot put on another jean........

I've only had them for a month, but I swear to god, I'll make them fade with some NYC living.

Seriously though, they're my first pair of jeans, and I feel like I jumped into the deep end of the pool. My 1980s are creased awesomely already, but I haven't seen that many signs of fading, so I guess that assessment works.

so the verdict so far is that they are quality jeans that fit well but fading/breaking in is stubborn?

I'd say that's a fair assessment. However, the pronounced wear I mention near the hem/heal area gives me an idea of what the coloration of future wear will be like....and let me tell you. I think I'm finally over the selvedge coin pocket and in it for the long haul with these babies. Here are the pictures I promised for a fit/cut reference.

If it helps, the measurements on my 30x32 1980s share the same exact measurements as my 30x30 levi's 514. Of course, the inseam is 2 inches longer, I'll get exact measurements in a bit.

Edit: Hrm, the pictures of my fit went down. What's a good free image uploader?

Measurements: exactly 10 inch on the rise, 8 inch at the knee, and 8 inch hem. It's literally a slim straight leg. The waist stretched to 16 inches, but I wear them at the hip so its fine for me. They aren't tight by any means, but they're fitted. I underestimated the slimness of my legs, and I could have definitely afforded to size down one. Thing is, they only had the 29 with a 34 inseam (at context), and I'm not a fan of stacking.

I just started wearing my 1950's (japanese) yesterday and the fit is gettting more comfortable by the hour. Personally I dont mind if they take a while to fade. I feel the end result from a superb quality jean is worth the wait. Pics up soon....

any of u know whether revolveclothing KMWs are the chinese or japs version?

They are the Japanese versions. You can generally tell by the price, I think the Chinese retailed for $225. Also, the rocker didn't exist last season so there is no chinese version.

Thanks, I think 8" might be too slim, almost the same as the PBJ I had and they were too slim. My Sams are 8.5 across in a 30 and they are perfect. From what you are saying sizing up might be unwise, but a 31 would be 8.25. I also like the fit of the 2010s in this thread, anybody think sizing down 1 or two would work? If the waist will stretch an inch and a half I might just size down.

Do these jeans have a large seat?

P.S. Photobucket rocks

I finally got to tried on a pair of KMW 29x32 Rocker today after reading about it on style men and it really kick ass. Its leg opening fits like dior which measures 19cm except the thigh area is a little more relax compared to Dior. The bunching is rather nice.

Trying it on was harder than Skull jeans as I have to squeeze my feet through them and FYI my feet is only a size 7. But at price of about SGD$550, if I would ever to get a pair, most probably I would be online.