Kicking Mule Workshop

Le Dirte

The exposed coin pocket selvage is the only thing that bothers me about the mules, reminds me of the new Gap selvage. I'm in love with the donuts and the mule embroidery though.

Are they sanfordized?

they are sanfordized.

I have to jump on this. I'm not going to get into all the details but heres a little of my experience. I bought the KMW-awa limited editions at the denim bar. I contactec KMW via their web page. Shortly after, i was trying to stretch out the pockets on the awa's and blew out a seam on the fly. Within 2 hours they were overnighted on kmw's account to them to be repaired. Meanwhile, they sent me a free pair of rockers in my size. I love this fucking company. The rockers are the fit i've been searching for and the denim and construction is fucking amazing. I have big thighs for my waist size so most skinny jeans (esp. diors) won't fit me. The rocker is that perfect glove of just tight enough but not too tight. And it's long enough to stack even on my long ass legs. (i'm 6' and have a good 32-33" inseam). Now on to construction. I don't know if anyone has mentioned the hidden rivets yet (which are copper). I think my favorite part is the double selvage line going down the crotch. Every time i pee i see the little mule logo embraced by beautiful redline selvage on either side. So anyway, great company, great jeans, definiteley worth the money.

this new all japanese constructed kmw shit is incredible the attention to detail(back pocket liners, hidden rivets, etc.) is spot on. the the denim is some of the best i've seen in a while(although not super slubby but a great feel and a nice weight 14oz i believe), and the fit of the rocker is the best fit ive seen since julian reds which are my favorites.

rocker vs 1980s looks a bit like the cure vs the new standard.

is that a valid comparison?

In terms of measurements there is not a huge difference between the two styles. Here are the stats;

1980 32 inch waist

10.25 rise

8.5 knee

8.5 bottom opening

rocker 32 inch waist

10.00 rise

8.5 knee

7.5 bottom opening.

basically an inch smaller on the bottom. BTW thanks to contextclothing.com for all the stats provided. I just thought I would post them to help everyone.

on the rockers the fit is perfect right of the jump. The denim is definetley raw but supple enough to fit great right away. again, contruction is amazing. Crotch selvage, hidden rivets, felled -double stitched inseams. the fucking works. my favorite raw pair ever.

on the rockers the fit is perfect right of the jump. The denim is definetley raw but supple enough to fit great right away. again, contruction is amazing. Crotch selvage, hidden rivets, felled -double stitched inseams. the fucking works. my favorite raw pair ever.

How are the AWAs coming?

rocker vs 1980s looks a bit like the cure vs the new standard.

is that a valid comparison?

So the 'Rocker" will be the APC's New Standard? Hmm... they both sound so tempting.. but I already have a lot of straight legs.... I might go for the ROCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are the AWAs coming?

the awa's are coming slowly. I put about 20 wears on them and they became more like denim and less like sheet metal. The pockets were still so tight/stiff that i tried to stretch them out a bit and ended up blowing out a crotch seam. KMW had them overnighted to be repaired and I should have them back this week.

those Rockers are amazing, hope the inseam would be long enough for me.

I'll have to check them out when I'm in San Fran next.

They will definitely have enough length-

The 32 inseams measure 34, and the 34s measure 36.

These babys are long.

DSC05215-750517.JPG

DSC05214-747851.JPG

this is me in the rocker 29x32 I think. Like sam said they measure strange on the inseam. I'm going to wait to try on a few other things that we have coming before deciding on getting them

I cannot tell from the pic. are those the rinse? They look great! are you at selfedge?

Here's the deal..

All the Kicking Mule jeans measure true to tagged inseam length EXCEPT the Rocker. The rocker measures to be 2" longer.

They did this so there's a bit of an extra stacking look on these jeans because that's the look they were going for when designing the cut.

And yeah, those shots are from our blog:

http://www.selfedge.com/2007/03/kicking-mule-workshop-comes-to-self.php

:)

Here's the deal..

All the Kicking Mule jeans measure true to tagged inseam length EXCEPT the Rocker. The rocker measures to be 2" longer.

They did this so there's a bit of an extra stacking look on these jeans because that's the look they were going for when designing the cut.

And yeah, those shots are from our blog:

http://www.selfedge.com/2007/03/kicking-mule-workshop-comes-to-self.php

:)

I could tell, that looks like a mission sidewalk. burrito please!

so I just checked the pic's on revolve and the rockers look terrible compared to the other site..... and the back pockets look pretty low.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=KMW-MJ4#

so I just checked the pic's on revolve and the rockers look terrible compared to the other site..... and the back pockets look pretty low.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=KMW-MJ4#

I think pretty much everything looks like shit on that website. You could give them a youth sized t-shirt, a pair of American Apparel booty shorts, and Alessandro Ambrosio and they would still find a way to make her look like some awkward woods-critter bitch.

is it just me or do the back pockets look really big... how do they scale relative to standard pockets?

I do not know what you consider standard. I measured them against rag and bones and they were the same, bigger than the nudies.....