Supreme 2007 S/S

fiveagain

backpack is $168

I did a search but nothing useful came up. Does the price of Supreme packs justify the cost? I was considering one but have never actually held one in my hands so I wouldn't know.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a search but nothing useful came up. Does the price of Supreme packs justify the cost? I was considering one but have never actually held one in my hands so I wouldn't know.

Don't bother, the material is straight up Wal-mart Power Rangers/TMNT backpack shitty nylon. Take off the Supreme badging and I would be surprised if you could sell the thing for $20.

Don't bother, the material is straight up Wal-mart Power Rangers/TMNT backpack shitty nylon. Take off the Supreme badging and I would be surprised if you could sell the thing for $20.

this is wrong. They`re not best in the world but they`re well made and wont fall apart on you. You buy supreme for the design imo. they have some nicely shaped packs in some good patterns and materials. if you like how it looks over something from the mall you can buy it and not worry about the bag breaking.

this is wrong. They`re not best in the world but they`re well made and wont fall apart on you. You buy supreme for the design imo. they have some nicely shaped packs in some good patterns and materials. if you like how it looks over something from the mall you can buy it and not worry about the bag breaking.

he has a point. where else can i get a bright orange and neon blue backpack that doesnt have cartoon characters on it? no sarcasm intended, i actually like that colorway. :D

Most Supreme backpacks (thinking of the 18th and the treebark one 21st?) are usually made out of a mix of ripstop nylon and i think, although I'm not 100% certain (formerly) Du Pont's Cordura fabric which is also used by Visvim and Gregory amongst many others.

I have a question: What's the shrinkage like on the 07 tee's? How much are people losing in length after their first wash? Much appreciated.

Yeah that was more the anser I was looking for. I figured that they're bags had a nice and simple design while still being pretty interesting...I just didnt want to pay 168 or more for just the look.

^ shit didn't move last season and they need to make more money? isn't it as simple as that?

that doesn't even make any sense. they couldn't sell them last season so they decided to put them out again but charge people more for a product they're unsure about?

what the hell?

maybe someone is getting greedy. i think it's something else though; it's just not their style to charge too much money. think about it for a second. if supreme wanted they could potentially sell their box tees for $100 each and never worry about money. they also wouldn't have to worry about fucking lines anymore, but they don't do it. i think someone at supreme feels it's either a) unfair, or B) still wants the kids who are actually involved in skateboarding and other scenes to be able to buy the brand.

You're right, but why the fuck do people always talk [type] like they know the philosophies / thinking of the stores owners and employees?

You're talking about the 'kids' and stuff like you know shit.

i don't know their philosophy and couldn't care less. i'm basing my analysis on their actions and shared ideas alone. that's some formalist shit for you. honestly i shouldn't reply to your post at all but i have nothing better to do. btw, i don't think i would even agree with the owners/employees of the store on most thing; they're probably all urban idiots, but whatever.

http://www.murketing.com/journal/?p=434

When the first Supreme store opened in 1994, James Jebbia, its founder, didn’t really know, he says, much about the skateboarding crowd but was intrigued by its rebelliousness and creativity. He worked hard, then and now, to be true to that scene, right down to hiring local skaters to work in the store. “A lot of the kids from downtown New York are very, very particular,” he says. This was his target: the tough, skeptical audience that wanted, say, clothes you could get only if you were in the know. These kids were more like a couture consumer than a mass one. And thus he is hardly alarmed to see his brand being mentioned in mainstream glossy fashion magazines. In fact, Jebbia considers Supreme a lifestyle brand along the lines of the French clothier A.P.C. — and, actually, Marc Jacobs.

its for the children! (of the future)