ouch

mike lowrey

Sprained my ankle while shooting hoops in running shoes. I was going to change shoes but was lazy. Never again. Came down from a rebound and rolled it so my foot was basically on it's side. I don't think I've ever screamed as loud as I did that day. Tore ligaments, turned black and blue, major swelling. No running for months. I almost lost my mind.

Physical pain is forgotten in time, had my share. WORST pain ever...Dear John I received while serving in combat zone. That movie "Jarhead", one of the authenic parts was the wall of shame, I think every unit had one and very few marriages I knew of survived it. Back in 91 we did not have email and video phones or digital cameras so communication was usually very bad news in a letter 3 weeks too late. Godamn the pain..I still remember how it felt and I will never forget it.

fractured my collarbone while drunk, my ex bf and his best friend were playing 'catch' with me as the ball and as the best friend caught me we both rammed into a wall. I remember it hurting like hell, like, screaming, but the next day it didn't hurt as much so I let it be. I also didn't feel like sporting a complete upper-body cast for months as the bone set, so I decided against going to the dr. It healed on its own and left a gnarly bump on my shoulder.

hahaha thats rough junglejane + sera

um, when i was like, 10 i used to wear glasses and i went ice skating with my school, and i fell over forwards and as i was going down my glasses fell off. i continued falling and as i landed one of the arms stabbed me in the head right beside the eye, like honestly a millimeter away from my eye, piercing about 4 inches back into my head. i had to get it surgically removed and got my first ever stitches, it was fucking gnarly for me as a 10 year old

Guest StuckOnStupid

shot in the thigh.

don't ask.

edit* actually fuck that, that was nothing compared to the time i had a cavity that i did nothingabout for months upon months...slowly it began to throb, that throb turned into an ache, which turned into one night waking up screaming in agony at the pain of the severa abcess that swole the side of my face up. when i went to the dentist(and ill never forget this), she drilled my aching tooth and a fucking GEYSER of pus shot out of my mouth. it literally looked like someone shot a squirtgun in the air..it hit the assistant in the mask. hello jar of percocet and promises to brush 3 times a day forever.

Sprained my ankle while shooting hoops in running shoes. I was going to change shoes but was lazy. Never again. Came down from a rebound and rolled it so my foot was basically on it's side. I don't think I've ever screamed as loud as I did that day. Tore ligaments, turned black and blue, major swelling. No running for months. I almost lost my mind.

sounds familiar, I tore/sprained ligaments in my ankle a few years ago, we were at a friends summer cabin and I jumped down from a tree, dropped about 6 feet with my ankle sideways.

what made the thing more hilarious was that I went to the military a few weeks later, had trouble running at first and later on I sprained it mildly a few times there. :rolleyes:

stuckonstupid - self inflicted huh? hahah

I cant bend my right wrist up anymore than 45 degrees, i cracked it skating years ago and just self medicated it..

Anyways, when i finally got around to a doctor they had to break it again that was some of the worst pain ever, im pretty sure i have some nerve damage now.

and no health ins. is a bitch..

cant stop staring at that thing.

done my ankle playin rugby.

running and went to change direction by planting my left foot.

but instead of it landing flat, i rolled over onto the outside of my foot.

heard or felt a thunk and immediately fell to the floor.

found out not only did i tear my ligaments, but the buggers managed to pull off a tiny bit of bone.

still clicks when i rotate it.

also, sat on skateboard, and pusing my self down a hill using my hands.

then the wheel rolled over my nail of my 3rd finger of my right hand and pulled it off.

it was left hanging on.

while i was in hospital, used to think of the roman punishemtn, where they yanked off people's finger nails,

mega ouch

Nothing really bad's happened to me yet. Got a blackeye in a PE accident in 3rd grade, nurse gave me a icepack, it ripped somehow and the chemical shit got in my eye. And I broke my middle finger playing basketball in 8th grade, had to put two pins it in. It still looks funny. Hurts if it I dont move it for awhile.

When I was working at an embroidery factory, was doing a sample and fucked it up, smashed the stop bar really hard in anger and went to take out the sample....but it bounced back and started up as I was putting my hand in. Needle went straight through my finger, bone and all.

That bit didn't really hurt, but went to the hospital and they had to cut it open and pull the needle out with pliers.....so the bit that was/is possibly the most pain I have ever felt was them sticking these huge anesthetic needles into both sides of me finger, wriggling them around and shit, touching the bone.

Only got a day off work.

Guest StuckOnStupid
When I was working at an embroidery factory, was doing a sample and fucked it up, smashed the stop bar really hard in anger and went to take out the sample....but it bounced back and started up as I was putting my hand in. Needle went straight through my finger, bone and all.

That bit didn't really hurt, but went to the hospital and they had to cut it open and pull the needle out with pliers.....so the bit that was/is possibly the most pain I have ever felt was them sticking these huge anesthetic needles into both sides of me finger, wriggling them around and shit, touching the bone.

Only got a day off work.

oh damn that just made me queasy. it went through the bone? ewwwww.

fractured my tailbone doing a nollie 50-50 on a bench back in highschool... slipped out and landed hard on the corner of the bench and then bounced off and hit the ground. it hurt to sit, stand, or walk for 6 months.

I did that too, except when I bfractured mine it was the result of a drunken walk on the railing of a friend's gazebo.

double jointed FTW. I can set my foot on it's sideand have my leg straight up (well at least on the left foot, right ankel has screws in it from being hit by a car while playing chicken by myself -- so I lost some of my flexibility) -- that was the most painful thing i've done, was the attempt to walk on a foot that was no longer attached to the leg by bone.