what are you doing for valentines day?

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took tomorrow off to spend the day with the lady... she's coming over late tonight, despite the snow storm coming in. I'm planning on missioning to Brooklyn after work today to pick up her favorite spanish food.... & then we were planning on making dinner together instead of going to some stupid fancy spot, Wed night. I also got her a spa package for tomorrow evening, since her back has been killing her...

Dinner and stuff with the girlfriend while also trying to ready a important presentation for my french rev class the next day.

I consider myself to be pretty romantic but I think valentines day is the most unromantic thing ever. I guess I just have a problem with being forced to do somthing that I don't want to do by the holiday. I do romantic things sporadically when i feel like it. I'll mail her something she mentioned in passing having wanted. I'll write her a nice e-mail and always get good gifts and stuff. But Valentines day forces the romantic stuff and I cant deal with it. Plus, just thinking about how much money and paper and shit is wasted for the stupid day just blows my mind.

going to dinner with the bf to a small restaurant in the mountains, so small that you actually dine in this old family's house (there is room for about 5 tables), the specialty is porcini mushrooms plus traditional local stuff.... can't wait!!!

sit alone in my room and cry

At least you will have your denim.... I might actually wear my apc slim dress pants, giving my contest sammy's the night off...

I'm going to pull the classic "old t-shirt of yours that you left at my place". I will wrap it up in tissue paper, put it in a box with a bow, and present it to her. BUT I will have the real gift hidden underneath it (not including the mix cd I'm describing in the paragraph below this one).

I will also be driving roughly 360 miles (720+ miles roundtrip) to hand-deliver this gift and spend the weekend with her, so I will understandably be low on funds. I have no idea if I'll even be able to afford to take us out to dinner, but I'm definitely making her a mix cd, because she absolutely cherishes every one I make for her. I'm thinking about cutting up a bunch of old National Geographics for the cover art & handwriting all of the reasons why I'm crazy about her on the inner cd jacket along with the tracklisting.

p.s. I hope she isn't browsing this forum, because the surprise would be ruined.

ladies, is this even remotely romantic enough? last year I got her a necklace from tiffany's for her birthday, so I hope she won't be let down by this year's gift which cost me much less and also isn't jewelry. If I was in the position to get her a more lavish gift, I would have done so, but regardless, I know she has expressed interest a while back for the item I picked out for her. she's not a fussy, materialistic girl or anything and she'll be thrilled to see me... but still.

ghost, that's awesome. but what's the real gift?

married to the mob "men are the new women" t-shirt :rolleyes: in red with white lettering. she loves them. I picked it up at Laced in boston, and I wanted to get her a hoodie instead, but they were $140.

p.s. now i'm REALLY hoping she doesn't see this thread