football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

A few years back, in the mourinho years, the reason why we were competitive in all the competitions was because there were two good players to fill each role. You can't have ramires and zhirkov (decent player, but not a central player!) playing in the middle with a bunch of softies at the back. Who do we have at the back now? Terry and Alex won't be fit till 2011. We lost ricardo carvalho and even got rid of mancienne, who may have been a capable bpl player. Hutchinson and Bruma are far from solid backs (as we saw in the summer friendlies). It stems from the england failure at the world cup - everybody was calling for the youth to be played more at the big clubs. You can't play what doesn't deserve to be played. But anyway...

United know how to win. They'll be fine. I see them as a better club than arsenal at the moment despite them playing with no creativity.

My god I didn't see a shadow of the team I saw the last couple of weeks.

Is Barca still that good???

Yes they were tonight.

Chosen one has taken this too far. There was no team and they let frustation take the better of them. Ramos should get a 8 game suspension cuse of the way the guy behaved.Oh and jose lass diara isn't the one whon is capable of keeping the midfield storming up .. You need at least three guys to do that...

Now Valencia can go for the kill...

there are a couple from real suspended for the next match

And I hope that UEFA can make the claim stick on the two red cards against ajax.

Hope that it will turn out for a hefty penalty and a 4 game suspension of casilias dudek, ramos, alonso and Mourinho...

Cause that was match tampering to say the least.

~But hey Karma bit them in the ass tonite so who is complaning

WORLD CUP CORRUPTION SCANDAL?!!!!

FIFA IS CORRUPT?!

PUTIN BRIBED THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE?!

No surprises here for me. I dunno how the whole Qatar thing is going to work out though seeing as how it is illegal to be intoxicated in public in that country. Good luck abiding by those laws (and avoiding a heat stroke) in 2022 English fans.

It wasn't going to be a massive surprise that Qatar would win, they promised stupid amounts of cash and it's the only language FIFA speaks. Their stadiums look amazing but that's about it, Doha is quite possibly the dullest major city on earth and their weather will make things interesting.

We (Australia) should have got it but otherwise the US could have easily had it too with the amount of crowds they'd have gotten. All seems a bit suspicious having two bids in a day, countries most likely made deals with each other to vote in the two bids, hence why Australia and England both got just 1 vote despite being favourites.

fuck FIFA

they got pissed off because the British media basically showed them to be the crooks that they are, THEY WANTED US TO MAKE FIFA EXEMPT FROM CERTAIN TAX LAWS FOR THE DURATION FOR THE WC. fucking utter fucking crooks. 2 votes?? oh please.

Home of the modern game, one of the only 8 winners of the World Cup and it's going to be more than 50 years at least until we get the tournament back here — despite the fact we have everything set up already. London alone already has 3 brand new stadiums, 4 if the new Spurs one does indeed go ahead.. .Also, without a doubt would have been a gigantic money maker, and football mad nation and all the games would have sold out.

I'm glad Qatar won though, hope that means that it'll help that middle eastern dude (who will probably recieve the plaudits for this) will usurp the big cunto Blatter. Though, when i think of football, i don't even think of this country.

• 3 weeks later...

gooner bitch

anyway

Still got another game at the weekend to finish up the bonkers holiday schedule, but it's been very interesting so far.

Are Chelsea in decline? Can Arsenal maintain consistency? Will City be able to keep up? Will United's flippancy cost them again? Should Spurs play with 10 men every week?

also, I think we really need a winter break.