football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Plus if you thought Bentley's goal was nice you should see THIS. Insane!

erik edman scored one like that against liverpool a few seasons ago, i think it was even further away (the one where gerrard missed a peno to keep it level at 2-2)

i watched yesterday's match with nyspurs fam, in the celebration two people lost their phones, i lost my hat and my eyeglass frames got bent. chelsea did the same thing to us in one of the cups a couple years ago so glad to give a bit of that to the scum.

i watched yesterday's match with nyspurs fam, in the celebration two people lost their phones, i lost my hat and my eyeglass frames got bent. chelsea did the same thing to us in one of the cups a couple years ago so glad to give a bit of that to the scum.

Spurs and Chelsea drew 4-4 in BPL just last season.

Do you think the widespread opinion of Chelsea being the Prem's strongest team will change if they don't win it this season? That'll be 3 seasons come May, maybe it's got something to do with losing the least big four head to heads? What if you add in another Champions League knockout round exit? I'd assume big changes would need to be made but couldn't see them happening for some reason. I actually enjoy watching Chelsea more this season but they got a false rep.

Spurs and Chelsea drew 4-4 in BPL just last season.

that's really fascinating, but i was referring to the 06/07 fa cup match at the bridge where we were 3-1 up at the half but allowed them to equalize at 3 apiece to force a replay (which we lost). we had the match completely in hand until we fell apart which was the reversal of fortune i was oh so happy to pass along to the gooners as shown here: http://www.skysports.com/video/clips/0,23791,12602_4430106,00.html?ssvTab=1&ssvSelectedTab=12599&ssvBasket=12602&ssvPage=1

in last season's 4-4, we were never ahead and managed to pinch a draw, the complete opposite.

now won't you be a dear and fetch me some tea?

GET IN THERE SPURS! Harry Houdini working his magic.

Liverpool were unlucky as shit not to extend their lead but I'll take it.

Now the table is taking shape. Glad to see United up to third (with a game in hand). Looks like it's going to be an entertaining season.

And Arsenal? tsk tsk tsk. Another year of frustration?

I go to BYU, and they are playing SDSU & Marshall Faulk on espn classic-- this game cannont end quick enough so I can watch Del Piero and Nedved play Man U. at 2:30.

I don't know if i speak for all pool fans, but you're right, i really couldn't care less about the carling cup.

hardware is hardware, and i like as much as we can get.

liverpool played badly. after watching arsenal kids the day before it looked like some senior league.

just curious :rolleyes:

he's watching but he can barely see that far down the table

that's a taste of the league future if hicks and gillette can't make their debt payments by january

Can someone more knowledgeable explain to me why/how exactly backroom turmoil actually translates into poorer on-pitch performance? This seemed to be pool's excuse for the whole of last season, but frankly i've never been able to see the full connection.

Can someone more knowledgeable explain to me why/how exactly backroom turmoil actually translates into poorer on-pitch performance? This seemed to be pool's excuse for the whole of last season, but frankly i've never been able to see the full connection.

I know right. It's pathetic. We have just as much drama in United with debt and all that rubbish but It hasn't ever affected our play on the field. its a piss poor excuse.

Anyway, United are back to their Raping ways, Arsenal back to regular form, Liverpool get their regular shady calls.

Fantastic strike from academy boy Wellbeck.

I liked that.

OK whats everyone's predications for the weekend?? I want to make some $$

I read today that villa have lost their last 14 games against united ... thats insane.

Here's hoping for a bit of this ...

AmYQeTOPWZA

The Taibi gaffe was absolutly unbelievable. I was pulling my hair ( is thats possible) on how it got past him, cant blame Bruce and Giggs too much on theirs. Bruce was a defender and Giggs doesn't have much of a right leg still should have been goals none the less.

Barthez on the other hand . . . I was at that match, you could fill all those highlights with Barthez mistakes. But as long as I have been a Man Utd fan (4 or 5) arguably top 3 GK's we have had.

Im suprised Diego Forlan didn't make the list, open net and a striker, then we sell the twat and he becomes top scorer in La Liga.

Edit: Fail, how to embed?