football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

I'm fine with Chelsea, I mean come one, we knew there will be a LFC-Chelsea fixture at some point anyway. Pissed off that we're playing at home first but maybe I can get my ass to one of the matches.

Utd. got an easy draw as usual. They are pretty much in the final.

did you see the last four chelsea/liverpool CL matches? (as in, stayed awake for)? i don't expect much of an improvement for hiddink over borinho because he's also a pragmatist/tactician.

two tacticians managing cup football over two legs = super snoozefest

also man utd were uncharacteristically sloppy in a scoreline that flattered liverpool (i did see that one)

with the scoreline, the only option for ferguson is to hold his hand up and move beyond it... i'm sure if it was 1-1 when vidic was sent off all we would hear about is the ref. but yeah you've got to cherish those days when you're lucky enough to get em

i'm a little concerned about our match tomorrow just cos hiddink has them flying and they have essien back. i have it down as a draw but am expecting a loss to be honest

before utd game i would say that vidic will get the player of the year award. i still think he will but torres really made him look silly. when he got sent off i think he was a little relieved.

essien is a machine but i'm not sure where he fits on that team. he needs to be on the pitch but someone has to make room. i didn't really think you can beat villa, so maybe i'll be wrong again.

Fulham were fuckin great today.

But honestly Man Utd were terrible. From the start they looked like they thought they could just cruise to victory.

Great tactics from Fulham to go hard early. O'Shea is so questionable it hurts. Xtina was at his 'best' today. Shwarzer was a fuckin dude today.

Lets see if 'pool can take advantage of today's slip ups.

Fuckin Alex came so cloooooooooooooooooooooooooooose!

The best was Scholes' face before the whistle went... the guilt on his face was EPIC... Everytime Xtina fell I scream RED CARD! I musta been the ONLY non Man Utd supporter in the bar...

Liverpool just gave Villa the thrashing of a lifetime. 5-0, Stevie Gerrard hat trick. Only 1 point behind Man U (with 1 more game played). If there was any doubt before, they're definitely in the race for the title now. Great capitalization on the week's results.

Gerrard and Torres clearly not on the same page today, though. Lots of miscues and bad communication. I'll chalk it up to Torres having a bad day and Gerrard's head still being 10% on his court case, but it IS slightly troubling...

fuckin hell they ripped Villa apart... poor Martin O'Neil... they were on such a high and they've come crashing down in 09.

But man oh man... I knew it was gonna be bad when Kuyt smashed the opener in. Kuyt... the guy with so much ability and no talent! ha

I wanna see XTina get a straight red in the coming weeks.

Maradona: Pele Lost His Virginity To A Man

Diego Maradona has reacted to claims made by Pele that he is not a good role model for children, by declaring that he lost his virginity with a man.

The Brazilian legend claimed last week that both Ronaldo and Robinho have taken drugs, and that Maradona is not someone to look up to because of his history with narcotics.

The Argentine coach was asked for his thoughts on these statements at a press conference today, and did not twist his words when responding.

"What do you want me to say? He debuted (lost his virginity) with a lad (a man)," is what the coach is reported to have said by a host of sources, including Marca.

The response prompted plenty of laughter from all the journalists present at the conference but it is unlikely to go down to well with the Brazilian, nor with some onlookers.

Pele has already had to track back on his claims that Robinho had taken drugs, after the Manchester City man threatened to take legal action.

The now retired Pele claimed that what had been quoted was a "misunderstanding" and suggested the drugs claims were not true.

This latest remark by Maradona has dragged the Brazilian legend into the spotlight yet again and it will be intriguing to see if, or how, he reacts to the comments.

:D