football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

So what happened here? Don't have/ don't plan to get sky in the new place ... bars too close.

On J. Evans. Jesus that was some miss the other day.

But its ok Norn iron's other massive star David Healy says he'll be world class and he's certainly proved his class for United. Another season reserving it at Sunderland this season me thinks.

Are you refering to the header that hit the post? I don't think that chance compares to Ferdinand fucking up and Anderson being terrible. Ferdinand was practically given it. Anderson is awful. He was taking shot after shot and could barely hit the frame of the net.

A typical run during training doesn't account for the amount of pressure put on the kid, and by testing him in a highly intense environment will truly test his nerves with the atmosphere. Also, training doesn't mean shit compared to a game.

i would not play him in champions league if he has to start tomorrow. i don't think he will start. i think wes orange will be moved to the middle and neville will be on the right.

great result :D but Riley is a bottler. Fucking Rio should be booked again at the end but the cunt ref just thought "oh i have to send off Ferdinand and Chelsea might score, i better end it now", fucking joke!

this day only gets better and better:

" HULL SCORE AGAIN AND IT IS A COMEDY GOAL. Again it comes from a corner - Howard, Neville and Osman but NO HULL PLAYER go for the same ball and it looks like it is Neville who heads it into his own net - might have hit a bit of Osman too - either way - an awful goal to concede."

I just finished watching In the Hands of the Gods, movie about some freestylers trying to meet Diego. It was an alright movie. It god a little too deep for me,and less about the football. Anyone have any good recommendations for movies to see besides football factory, hooligan, mean machine, and the zidane one?

many films about almost every team you can imagine. there are so many great italian ones about their football but you can't get that shit here. my uncle has probably 200 tapes with just football. what are you looking for?

there are few good films about diego:

Loving Maradona

Maradona, the Golden Kid (probably the best)

Maradona by Kusturica

That green street one with elijah wood is balls.

There was a decent show on british tv about football 'firms' from around the world ... International football factories (?) ... it was presented by danny 'happy hammer geezer' dyer and he does glorify their often ridiculous justification for violence but its pretty interesting to see the fans from around the world. Even ventures outside of europe to south america.

Oh and gotta watch escape to victory ... I thought that woulda been a starting point ... sly stallone, pele, ossie ardilles, and michael caine ...

For an entertaining football comedy try mike bassett england manager ... pretty much a like for like of steve mcclaren's reign expect more successful.

theres a bbc doc on youtube about hooligans..not the greatest stuff but it kills some time.

i vaguely remember antother one...i think it was just a website with a bunch of short vids about brazilian kids trying to make it. one of the kids was from a well off family and the other from the favela...anyone remember the website?

edit: found it..title is Ginga: The Soul of Brazilian football

I'm sick of Christiano Ronaldo's shit, and Drogba's. I like watching ronaldo play, but I'm sick of him going to ground as well as with Drogba. Also, it seems now that if one of them loses the ball they will just walk back and won't do shit about it. Drogba used to play with some intensity at Marseille but doesn't anymore. Anyone else feeling this? I can't take that ego attitude crap anymore from the players.

Everton resurrected themselves ... cahill's an ozzie genius; all aggresion and power.

I wouldn't say he has aggression and power but with him there, you know he is the spark to some thing better. Him and Arteta. Hope they can be top form for next week's liverpool derby. I predict a draw again. Dont think Pool can beat Everton at Goodison. Last season's victory was an utter joke.

it was pretty funny today when ronaldo dove when he was fighting for the ball with fat frank. frank just looked at him and smiled, then the ref smiled, everyone else laughed.

Was about to comment on that as well.

Lamps missed him by a mile, and Ronnie flopped flat on his chest.

At least he didnt grab his leg like he was bitten by a dog.

42 goals last season, 30 plus goals the season before and he still has to resort to these.

Anyway if Riley didnt bought it, why did he give Man U a free kick?

i think he said that before the first uefa cup match, so technically it's 13...

but he's right, the three strikers have barely met each other and it'll be some time before they establish the understanding necessary to link up effectively. note we are replacing what was the best strike partnership in the premiership of the past two seasons.

the way i look it, we're 8 points out of 4th (where we'd love to be) and 6 out of 7th so it's not like the world is over. i imagine we'll sort it out starting in november and finish in one of the european sports.

i would, however, like to find some semblance of form so we're not bounced out of two cups at the first asking.

(proud member, daniel levy's in-the-black army)