football: the beautiful game

RobbertJan

Gerrard should be available but I don't think we'll see Torres (but I still hope).

Both are talismanic for Rafa last season. He would need both to get his first win over Sir Alex in BPL. They would be rushed back unless they are on their deathbeds.

This would be as hot blooded a match as ever. Rafa is lucky to get Sir Alex so early in the season at the KOP when they still got their rough patch. But Ronnie is coming back and Berba will play. Hargo and Carrick may recover by then. Keano still havent score yet. Kuyt scores in Europe but not in BPL.

Unless there are significant injuries during internationals, I bet it will be a draw or Man U to win again. And Rafa have to wait another year unless he finally gets the sack for not delivering the BPL provided of course the KOP still hates Hicks and Gillete.

watched spurs-chelsea earlier tonight... wow spurs could be a great team if they can come together... SPEED... they got SPEED... but I still find they lack that PUNCH up front... after watching that Manucho clip... that's what they're missing... ha!! But yeah they could be great... Chelsea were piss poor...

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright is looking for a billionaire to buy club and help them compete with the likes of Manchester City.

This is getting rediculous now. Clubs looking for sugar-daddies. I think they are jealous because Everton was on the shortlist to be taken over buy ADUG along with Liverpool and Newcastle.

the abu doodie guy said he didn't care what club they will buy. he just wanted a team so he can show off their own brand. i guess it's cool to have deep pockets but it sucks when the owners don't respect the history. (doesn't really matter if you don't have any. yeah i'm looking at you, chelsea fan :D)

Of all the 3 Barca wanted to let go, I would think Eto’o has the most upside.

Plus with Sir Alex and Rafa looking for strikers, I wonder why they didn’t get him?

He couldn’t have cost 20 million pounds or more and Eto’o is sure better than Keano. I know he is outspoken but when you can produce the goods, all is normally forgiven.

both man utd and liverpool pretty much got the kind of player they needed who has proven themselves in that tactical position. berbs will give them a target man who's used to playing with an attacker sitting in the hole feeding him balls all day (was: keane, now: rooney). he's also amazing at holding the ball up, maybe the best in the league, then he can feed to rooney or ronaldo making crazy runs into the box. i bet you'll see 10+ goals like that in the league this season for them.

same with liverpool, they needed someone to feed torres & keane has shown that he's capable of playing that position in spades. plus he'll require a lot less maintenance (financially and emotionally) than eto'o

anyway i wouldn't be surprised if the irishman breaks his duck against utd, he scored against them at the lane last year iirc. plus everyone's saying there's no way liverpool can get a result which is precisely when it happens.

Heard Benitez playing down Liverpool's league challenge this season, siting other clubs spending power as what I can only describe as an excuse. I think he's been given a decent amount of money & had he spent it better, he'd be much closer. Certain mediocre players transfer fees coulda helped buy 2 more world class players than they already have.

Heard Benitez playing down Liverpool's league challenge this season, siting other clubs spending power as what I can only describe as an excuse. I think he's been given a decent amount of money & had he spent it better, he'd be much closer. Certain mediocre players transfer fees coulda helped buy 2 more world class players than they already have.

Well, beginning of the season, Rafas' new assistant, Sammy Lee (yup, that Sammy Lee) played up winning BPL but I doubt it.

Man U if they are in the World Club Championship, losing Queroz, losing Ronnie, may slip. But I think Man U or Chelsea will be BPL champs this year.

Yeah I saw that too. He also grouped us (Man Utd) with Chelsea saying we "bought" our titles.:rolleyes:

Any guesses as to who will take over Curbishly and Keegan?