Pic of My Sugar Cane x Begin Jeans

lowrider

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are a one wash. I agree that they are a little too baggy. I wonder if a hot soak + dryer will help it a bit. Some say that one washes have 99% of ths shrinkage done but others say that only 90% of the shrinkage is done. I guess I'll just have to try and see!

I'm thinking I should have sized down to maybe 30 but then it would be really snug around my waist and I don't like that feeling when I sit down... Oh well...

I think the fit is perfect and DO not cut off that pocket, I think it is really cool and different looking. I say keep it.

I think the fit is perfect and DO not cut off that pocket, I think it is really cool and different looking. I say keep it.

Thanks! What I'm not sure about is where these should sit on your waist / hips. I think these are based on the Levi's '47 501 cut (that's what I heard but can't confirm) so should they be sitting on my hip bones or should they be above my hips and around my waist?

If they sit on my hip bones (as they do naturally), it's kinda baggy in the ass and I get "ducktail" action going on.

If I pull them up above my hip bones they look better in the ass but they end up almost covering my belly button.

I've seen pics of the '47 501 and they don't look ass baggy. Is this because I have no ass or do I need to wear a belt so they don't rest on my hips?

Thanks!

Thanks! What I'm not sure about is where these should sit on your waist / hips. I think these are based on the Levi's '47 501 cut (that's what I heard but can't confirm) so should they be sitting on my hip bones or should they be above my hips and around my waist?

If they sit on my hip bones (as they do naturally), it's kinda baggy in the ass and I get "ducktail" action going on.

If I pull them up above my hip bones they look better in the ass but they end up almost covering my belly button.

I've seen pics of the '47 501 and they don't look ass baggy. Is this because I have no ass or do I need to wear a belt so they don't rest on my hips?

Thanks!

high rise = pull them up and wear a belt

high rise = pull them up and wear a belt

Quoted for truth. These are meant to sit higher than the modern cut of jean you are probably more used to.

Thanks for the earlier reply about your reasoning for getting these. It sounds like you've really entered the world of selvage denim headfirst.

they look great, i was wondering how these would look after seeing pictures of the jeans a while back. The side pocket doesn't look bad, but i'd take it off. I can see it being really useful, i wish the stitching was indigo. Try to keep a good log, i'm really interested in seeing how these turn out. I think you'll be lucky to see some wear within 6 months, but i hope you do. Anyhow, they look great as is.They make me want to go buy some chiklets

I really don't like them. I'm sorry. They're really interesting. Its a beautiful fabric. They're absolutely unique, but somehow Im just not feeling it. The pocket is atrocious certainly, but its more than that. Too over the top maybe? Im not sure, but I'm definitely not feeling them.

• 2 weeks later...
wouldnt hurt to size down a little bit...

I agree. I'll post up new pics later of my dryer experiment.

So here's what I did:

I washed it (I did a 2hr hot soak when I first got it but no Dr. Bronner's) for the first time yesterday and then did a hot soak (adding 3 big pots of boiling water once an hour) for 3.5 hours.

Then I threw it in the dryer with my other dark colour clothes (that just came out of the wash) for 45 mins on high. It didn't dry completely so I threw it in with 6 dry pillow cases for another 45 mins on high.

The thing shrank. It didn't shrink much in the inseam but it shrunk a decent amount in the waist. Where it REALLY shrank was in the thighs and butt. Weird. No more saggy butt. Yay!! =)

Why is that?

BTW, what direction is a "Minsa weave?" Is it RHT or LHT? I wonder if it has anything to do with it shrunk in the butt and thighs...

Oh yeah - there wasn't much indigo loss and my dryer didn't turn blue even though the jeans went in soaking wet and dripping drops of faintly bluish water.

• 4 months later...

i just picked up a pair and am waiting for them. i think ill take off the pocket, just wanted to see what they looked like without ahead of time.

ill post pics when they arrive.

• 1 year later...