Pic of My Sugar Cane x Begin Jeans

lowrider

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowrider, you'll do fine wearing jeans in this weather. I rode my Harley around the island during August in Ironhearts and those are way heavier than yours.

You'll be just fine.

Hopefully my Sammies come without Customs tax just like my SC 1966s did.

Thanks Denim Phenom. I wore them around today and I was fine - but then again it was pretty cool today and I did spend most of my day doing work at Borders...

Good luck on your Sammies - I hope you won't get screwed like me. Which ones did you get?

are those soaked yet? they look a little baggy, but the fabric falls very nicely.

They are a one wash. I agree that they are a little too baggy. I wonder if a hot soak + dryer will help it a bit. Some say that one washes have 99% of ths shrinkage done but others say that only 90% of the shrinkage is done. I guess I'll just have to try and see!

I'm thinking I should have sized down to maybe 30 but then it would be really snug around my waist and I don't like that feeling when I sit down... Oh well...

Thanks Denim Phenom. I wore them around today and I was fine - but then again it was pretty cool today and I did spend most of my day doing work at Borders...

Good luck on your Sammies - I hope you won't get screwed like me. Which ones did you get?

I got the S5000VX in a 30.

Which Borders do you work at? I was thinking of getting part time job at the one in Waikele since it's close to Ewa.

I got the S5000VX in a 30.

Which Borders do you work at? I was thinking of getting part time job at the one in Waikele since it's close to Ewa.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I was actually doing my work (reports) at the Ward Borders. I like the Borders at Waikele though - kinda laid back but a bit of a drive since I live in downtown. Didn't get a chance to make it to 88 Tees tonight but I'll let you know if I see anything cool there.

If there's anymore shrinkage left is those it will probably be in the inseam.

I'll take any shrinkage. They've been in the tub in a hot water soak for the last 90 minutes. I'll give it another 30 then I'll throw it in the dryer with a couple of towels. What dryer setting should I use?

I'll take any shrinkage. They've been in the tub in a hot water soak for the last 90 minutes. I'll give it another 30 then I'll throw it in the dryer with a couple of towels. What dryer setting should I use?

let them drip dry. you'll will lose a lot of color if you put them in sthe dryer.

Even though these are a one wash jean, after a 2 hour hot soak (just using the hottest setting on the faucet, not adding boiling water) and drip drying the jeans, they shrank 1/2" in the waist and 1" in the inseam. They are tagged 32W x 34L and are now 31W x 33L.

The ambient room temperature was around 70 degrees and I had a fan blowing the hell out of it in my bathroom.

They were stiff as hell - waaay stiffer than when I got them new after the wash.

I wonder if there's a tiny bit of shrinkage still left in it - esp. if I do a drip dry in the sun instead.

let them drip dry. you'll will lose a lot of color if you put them in sthe dryer.

Thanks! I almost put them in the dryer but then realised that it had a snake skin patch and didn't know how it would react to the intense heat of a dryer. Didn't think about colour loss though. Glad I drip dried them!

don't do it

sunlight fades indigo

drip dry in the shade

Thanks. I'll do that a month from now after my first wash. =)

BTW - do all Cane's have little twigs sticking out of them?? Running my fingers across my thighs and I can feel little twigs poking me. Not really uncomfortable and kinda cool but weird.

Thanks. I'll do that a month from now after my first wash. =)

BTW - do all Cane's have little twigs sticking out of them?? Running my fingers across my thighs and I can feel little twigs poking me. Not really uncomfortable and kinda cool but weird.

My Hawaiis and Edo Ais have little bits of what I guess are sugarcane fibers sticking out all over the place.

Congrats on the pickup, I love the color on these. Do you plan on wearing them with a cuff at all? They look insane in that pic.

My Hawaiis and Edo Ais have little bits of what I guess are sugarcane fibers sticking out all over the place.

Congrats on the pickup, I love the color on these. Do you plan on wearing them with a cuff at all? They look insane in that pic.

Nice! Good to know that they're all like that. Do you every try to pick them out? hehe...

I'm trying to determine if I'm gonna cuff them or not. Today is the second day that I'm wearing them and I'm still wearing them down. I love the inside but am not sure if I like the "flash" factor.

Plus there's some "leg twist" (I think) so the selvedge on the left leg is facing more toward the front than to the side. Someone told me this is desirable??

Nice! Good to know that they're all like that. Do you every try to pick them out? hehe...

I'm trying to determine if I'm gonna cuff them or not. Today is the second day that I'm wearing them and I'm still wearing them down. I love the inside but am not sure if I like the "flash" factor.

Plus there's some "leg twist" (I think) so the selvedge on the left leg is facing more toward the front than to the side. Someone told me this is desirable??

The first time I noticed it was on my new Edo Ai's, and I didn't realize what it was until I checked my Hawaii's to see if they were the same way. My first thought was to pick the piece I'd first noticed, but I left them alone. I've read that some people have trouble with the jeans itching really bad, but I don't see it being a problem.

Personally, I cuff all my jeans, even my STF Levis. I do it because they're long, but on the Begin's, I'd cuff FOR the flashiness.

To me, that's the big appeal of this model, but that is of course a personal thing. Same with the leg twist. I don't really care one way or the other if the legs twist, as long as they don't end up with the selvege line on the very front, or something weird like that.

i didn't think these were news? what is the pocket actually for anyways? if they're the singer jeans, are they for a mic? i dunno how i feel about it. the denim is beautiful though.

on my hawaiis, i just pull the fibres out as they come close, they feel much better now.

Synthi also has a pair of these and he said that the side pocket is easily removable. Hopefully he posts pics of what they look like w/o the pocket so I can see if I wanna get rid of mine too. I don't think there's a purpose to the pocket but the design on it is the pick to a traditional Japanese string instrument used by Begin.

Where are the pics Synthi??