the "ask an asian" thread.

mizanation

That shit is bananas, didn't her parents expect the bill? did this chic get into any college at all? Stanford is great, but it ain't ivy league

i'm going to guess that the money her parents gave her is now a nice chunk of cash to flee the country and start anew.

am i the only one that get tummy aches when i get cold?

growing up, my parents always told me to wear more clothes so i won't get cold and get a tummy ache, because that is exacty what happened. it didn't matter which body part; leg, neck, tummy, behind, wahtever.

in the past fewyears i have shared this with my american friends and they all told me i was crazy.

is it just my family? or is it asians? or is this solely a japanese thing?

growing up, my parents always told me to wear more clothes so i won't get cold and get a tummy ache, because that is exacty what happened. it didn't matter which body part; leg, neck, tummy, behind, wahtever.

in the past fewyears i have shared this with my american friends and they all told me i was crazy.

i hear haramaki - belly warmers - are coming back to fight belly illnesses, but serving as fashion accessories too. not sure if they look good on guys like that, but as a girl you could pull it off. and fight off tummy aches.

haramaki02.jpg

i hear haramaki - belly warmers - are coming back to fight belly illnesses, but serving as fashion accessories too. not sure if they look good on guys like that, but as a girl you could pull it off. and fight off tummy aches.

haramaki02.jpg

those are borderline chastity belts. loves its.

i'm asian, and that happens to me and my entire family too.

Couple of years ago the British national health service advised girls from northern parts of England to cover up when they went out due to the increased risk of very serious health problems arising from exposure of the abdomen to cold.

True!

really? I must've missed that. and northern girls don't feel the cold. that's why I can wear skirts in january.

That shit is bananas, didn't her parents expect the bill? did this chic get into any college at all? Stanford is great, but it ain't ivy league

waht the fuck is with ivy league schools? does great schooling equal great success and happiness? im never gonna stress out my kids the way other parents do, i mean we'll guide them not to bum off and at least have a goal that they want to pursue but with what the standards that asian parents are setting up these days is just wack. just the other day got invited to a party by my friend and it was one of those kids from those gifted schools in this case whitney, cerritos, anyhow the parents were there?!?! what kind of party is it. then we had to stand up and introduce ourselves. "hi my name is suzan and im going to yale this fall" when it came to my turn, "hi my name is david and ill be going to cerritos jc for a semester than travel the fuking world, then take another semester then take another semester off to fuck your daugther". and we left

waht the fuck is with ivy league schools? does great schooling equal great success and happiness? im never gonna stress out my kids the way other parents do, i mean we'll guide them not to bum off and at least have a goal that they want to pursue but with what the standards that asian parents are setting up these days is just wack...

This is so true with Korean parents.

Kumon! a term i havn't heard in a while. Thank god my mum didn't force me into that shit. Biggest fucking rorts imo.

now i remember when i used to learn Kumon in prep school

it didnt exactly help at all, actually, my marks were shittier than b4

and the violon lessons every Sat was a pain in the ass!

Haha Kumon!!

I was never sent to that place but I don't think it even helped. My friends went and some are still clueless these days.

havent seen the show but tbh i think the leather and denim thing along with my idolatry of clint eastwood puts me in this category

.'. stfu :mad:

^ three dots for "therefore"

^^^^ well, clint eastwood and cowboy idolatry is more asian than you think.

clint eastwood copied a lot of his mean swagger from toshiro mifune. in fact, many of those spaghetti westerns are hugely influenced by old kurosawa movies--some are just straight copies:

http://www3.baylor.edu/~Brooks_Grigson/papers/Kurosawa.html

so, you don't need to feel too bad about this. swagger and being a bad-ass is the same no matter where it comes from.