Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

but the crowd sucked

filled with douchebags

the docu. is great too (a cross the universe)

but pretty short

anyone know about Justice documentary screening tomorrow at IFC?

I read about it a while ago, but can't find anything confirming it. I am guessing it became invite only or was just straight canceled.

What genre would you guys call the following examples:

Grace Jones - Williams Blood (Aeroplane Remix)

Anything by Empire of the Sun

And things along that vein. I'm trying to organize my library better and I can't figure out a decent genre to call this stuff...

Yikes I'm running into a lot of issues. What genres do you use in general to classify your electronic?

What genre would you guys call the following examples:

And things along that vein. I'm trying to organize my library better and I can't figure out a decent genre to call this stuff...

Yikes I'm running into a lot of issues. What genres do you use in general to classify your electronic?

disco, house, balearic

yea, space disco / cosmic / balearic... i dunno about empire of the sun, that's whatever MGMT is classified as. but thats my shit right there. we could make a new thread if anyone would be down.

and god damnit!! i just got Passion Pit's ep.. its so fucking good, wow. if you like early 2000's shit like four tet, prefuse, or the books.

5bfseWNmlds

well, I saw that Justice documentary last night.

it was actually pretty good. Mainly just tour shenanigans, sort of structured like a skate video- some concert footage, goofy justice mischief, concert footage, then more party scenes, etcetera.

not boring at all though, about 70 minutes long and too short if anything, in retrospect I would have liked to see more interviews with either justice themselves, friends of justice, musicians contemporary to justice, stuff like that.

definitely made me wish I had been going to see them at webster afterwards, though 30 for a dj set at webster is just too much...

they are some charismatic french guys for sure.

Actually, I thought EVERYONE killed it. Saw 2 Many DJs they killed it, then saw Simian, they did well, but my friend txted me and he was like DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING THE EXPO STAGE RIGHT NOW so I rushed in and got fooled, but eventually, DJ AM took off the mask and revealed it was him. Now I am actually a AM hater but he KILLED it in the fake Daft set and his set. I guess it was part of people were also glad he was okay and back to what he was doing.

After that I went to SOULWAX and they KILLED it as well, though they played a bit short. Then after JUSTICE played and I thought they were great! I was a bit skeptical as well, but I am a fucking sweat machine and I pushed everyone around me to get crazy, keep dancing and keep going.

Afterwards at around 3:20, I was beat to shit. I wish I was hipster enough to do coke to keep me going but I'm not. I just stood around and watched Deadmau5s set and it WAS good, but I was too fucking sober to deal with that shit because everyone in that fucking place was rolling so hard on the ground getting light shows, like 20% of the people were sitting down, massaging, etc etc.

I pretty much danced non fucking stop from 9-3ish and it tore me the fuck up.

I heard from my friend boyz noise fucking killed it, I wish I saw his set instead, but I have seen him before and I hadn't seen deadmau5 before.

All in all, I drank a fuckton, puked before I went into the fairgrounds, lost all my friends at the start, rubbed on a lot of sweaty/cute/naked girls that I'll never see again and danced like a maniac. It was probably my best halloween ever.

Oh I also lied to a bunch of people and said Boyz Noise was coming to SF, but he wasn't, it's Shadow Dancer from Boyz Noise Rec. Also Of Montreal, Don Rimini, SMD and Toxic Avenger are coming to SF next month as well.