Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

went to hard as well. the line to get in sucked but thats about it. i saw:

1. sebastian: (when in line though, pretty good from what i heard).

2. crystal castles: got bored then went inside the expo and got tricked into thinking daft punk was there.

3. soulwax: amazing, pretty much heard their most of the remixes stuff

4. justice: was good to hear them not mix all of their own stuff this time.

5. boys noize: i was dead tired by this point but they managed to get me dancing.

i love halloween. great excuse for all the yummy girls to dress up half naked.

fuck am for pulling a fast one on us. bangalter must have personally leant him the entire getup...i could have been seeing someone else the entire time he was on. anyone catch crookers? i missed out on them while getting floored by soulwax.

fab fest in vegas was a lot of fun. sort of a mini-massive, not too ridiculously crowded with an outdoor area to catch some air. ideal rolling situation. crystal castles fucking went nuts, whacky lead singer beitch started assaulting some dude with the mic while swigging from a bottle of whiskey...guy from their crew jumps out and chokes the dude out. then the samplist/guy in the hoodie grabbed the bass drum and threw it at the audience before storming off stage. jesus.

crystal castles fucking went nuts, whacky lead singer beitch started assaulting some dude with the mic while swigging from a bottle of whiskey...guy from their crew jumps out and chokes the dude out. then the samplist/guy in the hoodie grabbed the bass drum and threw it at the audience before storming off stage. jesus.

that sounds crazy was fab fest better than hard?

that sounds crazy was fab fest better than hard?

it's tough to compare...they were both good for their own seperate reasons. hard definitely wins for its line up and overall magnitude, of you're into that sort of thing. but fab was perfectly balanced, really. a cozy-sized crowd of easy to get along with people, didnt have to push through hordes of bodies to get between stages my group of 8 were able to freely wander about without getting split up often. usually don't like the euro techno sort of thing, but armen van buuren was definitely something to experience with a sizable light show and a legit arena sound system.

p.s. consider bias factor: i did drop at fab and not at hard. ha.

WOW... i had no idea all that shit with Crystal Castles went down.. i was zoned out on the lights the whole time. I was cool with the AM/Daft Punk thing at first, then i realized he made me miss out on other people so that sucked. Boyz Noize was ill.Justice dissapointed like no other...

that DJ AM as bangalter shit looked wack. i caught a vid and wasn't really sure what went down, so i posted on the Erol board and sparked something...

http://www.erolalkan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15255

my favorite daft remixes:

aerodynamic (daft punk remix)

voyager (revolte remix)

brainwasher (erol alkan's horrorhouse dub)

technologic (vitalic remix)

around the world (kid dub remix)

HBFS (deadmau5 edit)

as those remixes mentioned above are dope too

Crookers

The Bang Gang Deejays

DJ Barletta

G.L.O.V.E.S

Lifelike

Fake Blood

Does it offend you yeah? Remixes.

Soulwax and 2 Many DJ's

The Presets

The Klaxons

MSTRKRFT

Yuksek

Brodinski

Kavinski

Bag Raiders

Whitenoise

Public Goth

Curses

Van She Tech

Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Digitalism

Dj Mehdi

The Count and Sinden including Herve solo stuff

Hostage

RUSKO

Muscles

Switch

Boys Noize

Booka Shade

Rex The Dog

this was my first massive ever... and my g/f's first electro show ever... we were both hyped beyond belief.

we were drunk, not rolling (she's never rolled and i have never rolled at a show)

saw a good amount of the Justice movie before, which was a perfect setup for the main event.

i thought i lost my phone in security, freaked out.

got in just in time to slam 2 drinks and a shot in VIP before 2 many DJs.

2 many DJs killed it. fucking KILLED it. it was just epicamazing. and the Kids remix sure as shit delivered.

headed to simian, which was freaking awesome..

soulwax - this was the highlight of the night. there's no comparison. it was abso-fucking-lutely godlike. i can't say enough good about this. the crowd was rocking out the entire time from E Talking to Miserable Girl and NY Excuse to the insane Phantom remix to everything in between. fuck hell yes.

we haven't seen boys noize or justice live ever, and it was a tough call, but..

went to BOYS NOIZE because we're seeing justice in chicago on NYE and GOD was it the right decision. & down *ALONE* was worth skipping justice, i think.

superstar DJs....

does anyone have a set list for Justice, since we missed it? i did manage to go and hear Phantom, which was just super cool.

holy fuck, it was all worth it.

this was my first massive ever... and my g/f's first electro show ever... we were both hyped beyond belief.

we were drunk, not rolling (she's never rolled and i have never rolled at a show)

saw a good amount of the Justice movie before, which was a perfect setup for the main event.

i thought i lost my phone in security, freaked out.

got in just in time to slam 2 drinks and a shot in VIP before 2 many DJs.

2 many DJs killed it. fucking KILLED it. it was just epicamazing. and the Kids remix sure as shit delivered.

headed to simian, which was freaking awesome..

soulwax - this was the highlight of the night. there's no comparison. it was abso-fucking-lutely godlike. i can't say enough good about this. the crowd was rocking out the entire time from E Talking to Miserable Girl and NY Excuse to the insane Phantom remix to everything in between. fuck hell yes.

we haven't seen boys noize or justice live ever, and it was a tough call, but..

went to BOYS NOIZE because we're seeing justice in chicago on NYE and GOD was it the right decision. & down *ALONE* was worth skipping justice, i think.

superstar DJs....

does anyone have a set list for Justice, since we missed it? i did manage to go and hear Phantom, which was just super cool.

holy fuck, it was all worth it.

I agree 2manydj's were spot on amazing. flawless mixing and track selection.

and how about Sebastian playing some hardstyle?..............

I also passed on justice to see boys noize, and from what I experienced/heard, I made the right choice. & down definitely did it for me...........

every cwg/hipster girl i know is obsessed with lykke li

i never listened but this remix is pretty dope

yea i never really listened until i found this mix but man i'm really digging famlijen's remix of "breaking it up" and hand's remix of "little bit" (all by lykke li)

guess i'm a hipster girl haha

arn't we all hipsters

i always hated the taboo categorization of hipster

i wear tight pants and into fashion, into electro/electronic music, ecletic tastes in art and food, and though i don't do any other drugs i like to drink

that is pretty hipster to me, i'm sure a lot of you gents/ladies fall in this category as well, maybe even moreso