Indie-Dance/Electro/Neu-Rave/Disco/House Music: We Are Your Friends.

onemancult

crystal castles fucking went nuts, whacky lead singer beitch started assaulting some dude with the mic while swigging from a bottle of whiskey...guy from their crew jumps out and chokes the dude out. then the samplist/guy in the hoodie grabbed the bass drum and threw it at the audience before storming off stage. jesus.
HAHAHAHAHHAHA YES

my man james is doing security for their us tour good to hear he's setting motherfuckers straight

their antics are pretty entertaining

I talked with him tonight, the full story on that is:

She jumps into the crowd, some guy starts grabbing her tits, she LOSES it, starts smashing his face with the microphone, James jumps into the crowd, carries her out. Once she's good James fucking dives back into the crowd with his leathers on, hunts the guy down, chokes him out and throws him out the front. Meanwhile Claude tosses the drum off the stage, the set manager comes up and freaks out on Alice/Meghan, grabs her, James to the rescue again, he chokes the dude out while she rubs his face.

I love that guy.

yea i never really listened until i found this mix but man i'm really digging famlijen's remix of "breaking it up" and hand's remix of "little bit" (all by lykke li)

guess i'm a hipster girl haha

you're jumping to conclusions, if you only listened to lykke li and never gave the remixes a chance then you might fall into the category I was referring to

I talked with him tonight, the full story on that is:

She jumps into the crowd, some guy starts grabbing her tits, she LOSES it, starts smashing his face with the microphone, James jumps into the crowd, carries her out. Once she's good James fucking dives back into the crowd with his leathers on, hunts the guy down, chokes him out and throws him out the front. Meanwhile Claude tosses the drum off the stage, the set manager comes up and freaks out on Alice/Meghan, grabs her, James to the rescue again, he chokes the dude out while she rubs his face.

I love that guy.

WHOAH!

Is that seriously what happened?

I was there for 10 minutes, and was like the FIRST person to touch Alice when she descended, and I fucking freaked out I was so happy, and had to leave the pit from overload of awesome and went and saw soulwax.

WHOAH!

Is that seriously what happened?

I was there for 10 minutes, and was like the FIRST person to touch Alice when she descended, and I fucking freaked out I was so happy, and had to leave the pit from overload of awesome and went and saw soulwax.

DON'T GET IT TWISTED, PEOPLE. i was talking about what happened at fabfest in las vegas, not at hard. i thought i specified enough earlier but apparently not.

I talked with him tonight

Can you ask them about why they stayed silent (as far as I know) about ripping off Covox?

Do they care? Did their label keep them silent? Are they sorry?

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/05/chiptune-music-theft-continues-crystal-castles-abuses-creative-commons-license/

http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/wordpress/2008/05/06/crystal-castles-and-chip-music-copyright-infringements/

I really like what they do, but I'd like it much more if they just came out and said "yeah we fucked up".

Can you ask them about why they stayed silent (as far as I know) about ripping off Covox?

Do they care? Did their label keep them silent? Are they sorry?

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/05/chiptune-music-theft-continues-crystal-castles-abuses-creative-commons-license/

http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/wordpress/2008/05/06/crystal-castles-and-chip-music-copyright-infringements/

I really like what they do, but I'd like it much more if they just came out and said "yeah we fucked up".

I'm pretty sure they cleared it up with Lo-Bat cause now the song is called Crystal Castles vs Lo-Bat. Plus the song wasn't even on the album.

yeah I heard they were just messing around and then it got leaked or something and was never intended for release....

if you read the rest of those articles though, you'll realize it's not the only song they ripped from. i feel like its so easy for people to red flag them at this point. there's got to be countless examples of sound theft in the universe of electronic music on the internet. and with all of the debate over sampling vs. theft, the argument just won't be settled.

i didn't see why the deserve the recognition they've received in the first place. their stark oddness made it easy for everyone to look towards them for an example of what's indie. some of the wanna-be-hispter cwgs i hang around with give an obvious example. they got all excited about heading over to see them at hard but couldn't actually name or even hum along to one song. it really isn't that hard to throw on a gameboy beat and scream some lyrics on repeat. but got damn was i movin when they played a little crimewave.