Westbrook

Mac or PC?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Mac or PC?

• Mac
    • PC
    • Both
    • Neither

I would actually like to get that software that lets you run both at the same time. Right now though PC for business applications.

You mean the way you can with the intel macs?

You can run Windows at the same time thanks to software like Parallels.

I left my uni dissertation till the last week, then on the sunday my emac died on me with my essay locked inside on the HD, of course I didnt back it up, so I take it to a privateer ( because apple have a 3 week turn around time at best ) I decide Its worth voiding my warranty and askin him 2 take my HD out and email me the file so at least I can work on it in the library..... I do all this, then on the friday evening after handing my essay in that day, he calls and says somehow it works again. WTF!!!!

Sods law...... the lesson I learnt the hard way is...... back your work up.

PC or mac they're great when they work. Frustrating when they dont.

Guest Goose25

I develop on mac because os x has apache installed as default and running apps like ruby, python and whatever else is on the horizon is a breeze.

I test on PCs and am actually buying a PC laptop soon but will connect that up to my mac and the apache server and use it for testing only.

the best thing that could have happened to the mac is firefox though... excels where safari doesn't quite cut it and now we have flock as well (mozilla based community site browser - very nifty) to share the love.

more and more serious software developers are using mac because of the solid unxi base - it really kicks ass - and os x talks to linux very nicely!

started on the good 'ol Apple II computer and it was such a peice of shit, had to upgrade it several times, and those system errors were never ending. so then I switched to PC for maybe 5 years and then, booyah, powerbooks and OSX. I switched to a Powerbook G4 two years ago, I fucking love this computer. No viruse, ever.

i've been on a pc for the past 10 years, i too started off on a apple II e. Never had a virus, don't be stupid on your computer and you'll be fine....

exactly, all the mac users so proud that they've never had a virus... well with simple precuation and common sense, I've managed to avoid a virus on my PC in all of my years alive. I've also never been robbed.. soo... yeah.

I'll tell you, apple has some very nice looking products, but again, I REFUSE TO SUPPORT THE IDEA OF A $1000+ standard computer. The quality of mac doesn't justify it. How many PC users have ever had to replace a mother/logic board? Everyone I know who has a mac replaces that shit like once every year..and sadly enough, as with any company....with increased demand has come decreased quality...believe me when i say that...

I'll tell you, apple has some very nice looking products, but again, I REFUSE TO SUPPORT THE IDEA OF A $1000+ standard computer. The quality of mac doesn't justify it. How many PC users have ever had to replace a mother/logic board? Everyone I know who has a mac replaces that shit like once every year..and sadly enough, as with any company....with increased demand has come decreased quality...believe me when i say that...

It's a lot more than the 'quality' of the hardware, and FWIW I have plenty of anecdotes that are opposite to yours. OS X doesn't run on Dells or Gateways, and it's more than worth the apple tax for me to not have to use Windows.

Oh, and the mac laptop range are more than competitive when compared to PCs.