Pride FC and MMA

Haz

i thought griffin was a better coach but i don't think he really has much of a chance in this fight.

and how about amir and that finale? what did u guys think of the stoppage against CB?

i think its going to be a war, but my money is riding on rampage... oh and cb tapped

UD?

split at BEST, this was a close fight byt UD? Judges on the payroll but shouldn't have made it so obvious. Dana White is making this a WWE kind of shit now, pretty soon, we're going to see a rematch and then delay the LHW getting taken away by Machida by Elusivness UD RD 5.

WAR MACHEETAH.

After watching the fight again I can see how Forrest could have won it. I personally think that in a championship match you have to BEAT the champ not just hang while doing slightly better.

Seriously though, did anyone look at the score cards? The UFC needs to sit down really explain its judging criteria.

Adalaide Byrd scored the fight 48-46. He gave 4 and 5 to Jackson and Griffin 1, 2, and 3.

Nelson Hamilton had it 48-46, with 1 and 4 for Jackson, and Griffin getting 2 10-8.

Roy Silbert had it 49-46 with only round 4 for Jackson.

I see how Griffin won overall, those leg kicks held Jackson back for most of the match so Griffin was the more aggressive fighter but I don't see how he won unanimously. He barely edged a victory at best. The scoring was ridiculous, Rampage drops Forrest in round 1 and gets 10-9 from only 1 judge, are you kidding me? For sure Griffin won round 2 but 10-8? Definitely a controversial match.

Anyways, looking forward to DREAM.5 and Affliction. I hope Kid whoops Faber's boy.

They look exactly the same except she has green(blue?) eyes and long hair. How freeky...

He barely edged a victory at best. The scoring was ridiculous, Rampage drops Forrest in round 1 and gets 10-9 from only 1 judge, are you kidding me? For sure Griffin won round 2 but 10-8? Definitely a controversial match.

I disagree. What it does show is the flawed nature of the current NSAC scoring system for MMA.

I see how some judges scored the first for Griffin. He was clearly the better fighter for the first four minutes. He was then knocked down, but it's arguable it was a flash knockdown. Rampage certinly failed to capitalise, Griffin recovered very quickly. He may even have got back to his feet (I can't quite remember haha)

I don't think the 10-8 is really open to much discussion. A 10-8 is awarded when a fighter dominates a round. Griffin did just this. He came close to TKO Rampage, took him down and remained in a very dominant posistion. How many strikes did Rampage throw? Feck all. What did he offer off of his back? Again, nowt.

As I've said, an improvment of how MMA is scored would benefit the sport

Anyways, looking forward to DREAM.5 and Affliction. I hope Kid whoops Faber's boy.

Affliction promises to be a cracker, and DREAM is beginning to come out of it's shell. Oh how I hope we get to see Kid fight Faber soon.

After watching the fight again I can see how Forrest could have won it. I personally think that in a championship match you have to BEAT the champ not just hang while doing slightly better.

Seriously though, did anyone look at the score cards? The UFC needs to sit down really explain its judging criteria.

1) This whole 'you've got to beat the defender of the belt comprehensively' deal is toss. Where is it in the rules? Nowhere. Where does this apply to any other bout? No where. It's a daft tradition left over from boxing

2) The UFC doesn't do any judging. It's whichever the local State Athletic Commision that provides the judges and their training. In this instance the NSAC. They have also set the rules and judging criteria

1) This whole 'you've got to beat the defender of the belt comprehensively' deal is toss. Where is it in the rules? Nowhere. Where does this apply to any other bout? No where. It's a daft tradition left over from boxing

2) The UFC doesn't do any judging. It's whichever the local State Athletic Commision that provides the judges and their training. In this instance the NSAC. They have also set the rules and judging criteria

1) Yeah thats why I said "I personally".

2) I just looked up the judging criteria. I'm going to be looking at all future fights a lot differently.

i thought the scoring was a little biased but still fair, in that griffin did win the rounds and therefore the fight. what was disappointing was that i didn't think either of them gave a championship performance. neither of them looked like a champion. rampage was slow and timid and ineffective. he never let his hands go when he needed to. and griffin's performance was good enough to beat rampage, but just by winning each round, and in my opinion many other fighters would have handily disposed of griffin in a similar circumstance. i like him, but the fight sucked.