Anime / Manga

englandmj7

Last manga I read long ago. I need to catch up.

YES.

I just finished. It's too good. Every character gets developed and I might sounds like a little dweeb for saying so, but some of the scenes really do make me feel really thoughtful and introspective (I'm a student). There's a good amount of emphasis on themes of life and whatever; this isn't definitely not one of those mangas where some average Joe finds out he has a superpower and the bad guys come get him.

There's a semi-sequel spin-off called Great Teacher Onizuka - Shonan 14 Days, which is still ongoing, and a sort of prequel called Bad Company [Only 10 Chapters].

The author/artist has a knack for storytelling, but his most recent manga, Kamen Rider, is pretty bad.

I know I haven't been on this forum long so my opinion might be taken with a grain of salt, but highly highly highly highly recommended. You could say I'm a fan. :o

not sure if you guys are into asian dramas, but they've got a live-action version of gto from awhile back (in addition to a few movies). wasn't bad for a japanese drama, although at the end of the day, it's still cheesy. if you guys need to be directed to the torrent just let me know.

Been really into Naoki Ursawa lately. Read 20th C. Boys, Pluto and almost finished watching Monster. All of them pretty good, so far I think I liked Pluto the best. Besides that I've been reading Crows & Worst which are both awesome.

Could use some suggestions for suspenseful, conspiracy type shit or horror would be call.

Also of course One Piece is the shit.

Been really into Naoki Ursawa lately. Read 20th C. Boys, Pluto and almost finished watching Monster. All of them pretty good, so far I think I liked Pluto the best. Besides that I've been reading Crows & Worst which are both awesome.

Could use some suggestions for suspenseful, conspiracy type shit or horror would be call.

Also of course One Piece is the shit.

have you seen the ghost in the shell tv series?

No, but I'm actually going to check it out soon. My buddy has the files for the show so I'll probably have that within the week.

you'll enjoy it if you're looking for conspiracy-type stuff since each season revolves around a different conspiracy. it's easily my favorite anime, happy viewing.

If you like Urasawa he has a new one out right now called Billy Bat. It's sort of another psychological/mystical conspiracy story that spans WWII, the biblical period, the Iga ninja period, and so far I have no idea where the hell the story is even going but it's really entertaining. Only shitty thing is that it's ongoing and chapters come out pretty sporatically.

• 2 weeks later...
shitty american version? i don't follow... i wasn't aware that an american studio produced a fullmetal that wasn't aired in japan first... if we're talking about the same one i thought the first series was concise and not all that bad though it skimps out entirely on the storyline of the original manga...

yeah that's what I meant. the first one that showed in America. sorry if that was a bit confusing. brotherhood actually follows the manga and it is a lot better.

episode 40 was great, if anyone watches it here, sup DJ_Flame. series keeps getting better and better. if anyone is looking for an anime to check out, you should pick it up. all the episodes are free and streaming online. and you don't have to have seen the 1st one to watch it.

still a bit confused after episode 40 on Van Hoehenheim, if anyone has seen it or read the manga, shoot me a pm

danzo is deff about to fuck some shit up

unless they kill him off right now, which i doubt

naurto has been really sick lately

wish the kisame fight was longer though

Naruto just went wtf with that fucking armful of sharingans. Especially as they all look to be the special type that only like 4 ppl in the world have, two of which are currently alive and on the scene. At least a lot of shit is happening as opposed to Bleach which has the worst pacing of any manga I have ever read.

naruto and bleach are the only mangas i follow now, full metal alchemist and one piece are definitely worthwhile to follow as well, but i rather just stick to two for now, i used to follow gantz as well, now it's just stupid lmao.. hellsing is my all time favourite manga/anime, too bad it was so short

@tylortakahisa

kisame is one of my favorite characters in naruto and honestly, the way he died was very disappointing, same with itachi

@ sushijerk

bleach is definitely the worst pacing manga EVER

I just started Eden of the East. I hear good things about this Anime. Anybody else watched any of this yet?

And again, Bakemonogatari is one of the best Animes that came out in 2009, if you haven't watched it you need to. The artwork is so beautiful and the storyline is so interesting.

too bad both of your top recommendations only have very infrequent scanlation releases and i agree they are both pretty good. i like the grittiness of Vinland Saga and the esotherical stuff of Vagabond

Ikigami is another great manga for the seinen genre, if you liked that then you will also enjoy Kurosagi.

if you like both of the above then you absolutely must check out Blade of the Immortal. that will toally blow you away. the artwork is similar to Vagabond though maybe not quite as artsy as there is a lot more gore and action/story

Shut Hell is another good action/seinen/genderbender story

Hohzuki Island (horror)

Manhole (horror genre) is really a stunning piece of work

Zetman is just another fighter shonen manga with pretty decent artwork that i can recommend

Fucking wish Berserk got regular updates. Also do you guys keep reading Naruto out of habit or are you really enjoying it? Past couple of years have been total shit, I do keep reading it just to see how it ends and cause I've been reading it for a while but every week I just smh. Vitasoy I think you should keep up with One Piece, it's fantastic... definitely my favorite Shonen, by far the best of the big 3 imo.

^

Beserk is so good, one of my favorite mangas ever

also gettin into Mushishi, artwork is beautiful, and it is a nice calming anime, also like how the episodes are not necessarily all linked together.

rereading through Jing King of Bandits, still good even after a few years

I've been reading Takehiko Inoue's mangas as of late.

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but Slam Dunk is a great basketball manga, and one of my personal favorites. Also, he's been working on Real, which focuses on wheelchair basketball. vagabond's great as well.

I also really liked Pluto by naoki urasawa, it was great getting a different take/perspective on atom(astro boy).

but above all, one piece is the shit... i've been reading it since i was like 12 haha

too bad both of your top recommendations only have very infrequent scanlation releases and i agree they are both pretty good. i like the grittiness of Vinland Saga and the esotherical stuff of Vagabond

Ikigami is another great manga for the seinen genre, if you liked that then you will also enjoy Kurosagi[...]

If i'm not mistaken Vinland and Vagabond are also released monthly in Japan which is a double edged sword. I assume we get a higher standard of quality per chapter, but at the same time we have to wait much longer. arghhh i can't wait for the new chapters!

^ yeah i had totally forgotten that both magas are released monthly and if you actually go back and reread some of Vinland Saga's earlier chapters you will notice that the quality at some point makes an incredible jump forward (as well as chapter length (from 20 pages to 50 or so) when they changed the releases from weekly to monthly.

Naruto is really really boring lately and i'm only following it out of habit but honestly, as long as it has it's huge fanbase and is in the top 3 of the Shonen Jump magazine the mangaka will again and again find new ways to just drag on the story

i've been reading up on Bleach lately and it's actually pretty funny and when you can breeze through 30 chapters at a time it actually has nice pacing. not to forget the humor that i find is pretty good at times but sprinkled too thinly over the whole manga.

One Piece has been severely lacking too lately. ever since this rather pointless story arc with Ace started it got really boring. i mean the action has been non stop for what? 50 chapters or so? but Luffy is alone and not backed up by his own crew, so all the characters on the sidelines all seem so 1 dimensional as their only purpose is to support him in his rescuing of his brother. sure i wanna see fights, but i want to see the whole crew kicking ass, not some tranny ass freak with a blow up head who attacks with his eyelashes? wtf??? running out of ideas quick eh Oda...

i mean Luffy is up against the worlds strongest marines and he's not backed up by his comrades? what the fuck is up with that? makes no sense really. plus all this action and fighting but lately nothing he has actually done brought him any closer to the One Piece which was originally Luffy's main motivation to go on the grand line

/rant

I love Urasawa Naoki.

I've read Yawara, Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, and have been following Billy Bat. Still want to read Master Keaton, but haven't been able to find any scanlations.

If you haven't read Billy Bat, I highly recommend. Probably his 3rd best work I've read. Monster>Pluto>Billy Bat

Also, if you liked Vagabond, I think you'd like Sidooh and Tetsuwan girl. Tsutomu and Takehiko have really similar art styles.

I'm currently reading Naruto, Berserk and Death Note...

I'm leaning more toward the seinen genre lately tho.

anyone have any thoughts about Battle Angel Alita? Worth starting it?

Mr. 3 just did that move where he looked like the guard, didnt need to be painted cause the uniforms were white or everyone was so distracted. Plus he's made keys before. It would have been just as convenient to not have the original key destroyed but Oda wanted to have a moment for Mr. 3 to shine and get some vengeance for bon clay. I don't think it was just thrown in there, he woke up from Luffy's Haki or something else that happened previously.

Anyways, this weeks chapter was fucking epic, sushi I think it was because to have the whole crew there and introduce all these different new pirates the arc would have just been so much longer. There just wasn't enough time. I believe in the anime they are going to put in some more story for what the crew members have been doing. But to introduce some of the revolutionaries, and get to see some old crew members and more of the white beard pirates just increases the size of the One Piece world.