Anime / Manga

englandmj7

^ movie comin out soon

Anime Eden of The East (東のエデン, Higashi no Eden) has just ended its 11 episodes. Obviously, the 11-episode long TV Anime is not enough to tell the full story of the series. Fortunately at the end of the last episode, two movies are announced. The first movie, The King of Eden will be on shown on November 28 2009 and the second one Paradise Lost is coming 2010 January. For more information, just ask Juiz (official website ^^).

The 007 manga looks great!

Does anyone know if there are subbed copies of Yakitate out yet?

More randomly, last time I searched around for it I noticed The Pillows played a Boston manga festival in '08. Fuck, that would have been worth a trip.

Ive been reading Bokurano all day, its pretty depressing.

edit: wow just finished reading all 65 chapters.... I highly suggest reading/watching this

bokurano.jpg

Synopsis: When a group of children discover a strange cave at the beach, their lives are forever changed. Inside they meet a man called Kokopelli who seems to have a lot of advanced gadgetry. He invites them to participate in a ‘game’ in which they play heroes saving Earth from fifteen giant monsters. To defeat the invaders, he will give them a powerful mecha of black armor. The children eagerly sign the contract, name their new weapon Zearth, and must now take turns to pilot it; but the ‘game’ is in fact all too real and the consequences of battle become the stuff of nightmares. With no option to cancel the contract, is there any way to stop the game before it is too late for all of them?

i actually enjoyed the bokurano anime. i wish it couldve been a bit more in depth in terms of character development --with a manga of 85 volumes im sure the manga did a better job with that

oh also seconded on ergo proxy. im watching it right now and its blowing my mind

Oh please, Naruto is officially overrated.

All my friends talk about it, there's honestly way better shit out there that goes unnoticed. It's a good anime but everybody is just jumping the bandwagon now.

All my friends talk about it, there's honestly way better shit out there that goes unnoticed. It's a good anime but everybody is just jumping the bandwagon now.

i dont disagree w/ you, but recommend me something good in the same vein as naruto.

you mean ninja stories or shounen action? as far as mangas go:

i like Blade of the Immortal a lot because it has an awesome story and completely insane characters. all set in a samurai setting and fights are always on. lots of gore blood oh and yeah insane characters

Ãœbel Blatt is an awesome manga too. lots of action and swordfighting, fantasy with a fixation on german. all chapter titles are german and the names of many characters hit that vein in some way or another. but great artwork and a style that appeals to me

Vinland Saga - viking action. what do i need to say more? oh yeah it kicks assssss!

Spriggan - i think this is discontinued after chap 9 (i mean no scanlations anymore). but until then it's pretty darn cool

i don't like anime that follow series because the animation is always relatively low par and there isn't much action going on. pacing and action is usually slow compared to movies

Wait wait wait. "Just jumping the bandwagon"? I don't know about you, but I stopped following anime regularly about three/four years ago and even then Naruto's been mad played out.

I'm kinda scared to know what you think is "way better shit" when you've just realized now that Naruto's schtick was old even before it started.

Anyways: Aho is right, Hunter x Hunter is dope. One of the better shounens I've read. Haven't read it since the beginning of that bug arc though. No idea where it's at now though.

For other good shounens.. I dunno. Hajime no Ippo is great, even though it's in a different genre. Still targeted for the same audience though so you should give it a try.

Finally caught up to Berserk after not reading it for a few years. Such a ridiculously badass series. Doesn't get old since each chapter comes out a few months after the past one anyhow.

Finished that Kemonozume anime that was mentioned back in this thread. Shit was nice. Animation/style was so good. So was the story. Got kinda rushed/hectic towards the end but didn't mind too much. 13 episode series are always my favorites.

Wait wait wait.

Anyways: Aho is right, Hunter x Hunter is dope. One of the better shounens I've read. Haven't read it since the beginning of that bug arc though. No idea where it's at now though.

It's still in the fucking bug arc. The Hunter society chairman is going full power against the chimera king and series went indefinite hiatus right when that shit started.

Fookums, I'm well aware of the fad that naruto has had from time. It's not new to me lol...

I can agree though that Hunter x Hunter is beast though.

I watched flame of recca and shit was pretty good too. I'm re watching hokuto no ken and Jojo's Bizzare adventure.

• 2 months later...