waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Guest jmatsu
natural swag right here at its finest

NiCB2isZcRM

lastly, i enjoyed the shaft films and his character, but that's just it. you say shit is natural, but shaft is a make believe guy. a movie character.

Disregard other comment just rambling on topic... my dude

jmat its hard to explain but I do agree with people who say its hard to distinguish that in a picture , but at the same time other people say maybe you develop some kind of heuristic view of someone just based off the picture and shit and how akward they look in their clothes.. nigs look uncomfortable.. then jump to concluison ohh man hes lacking swag.. . Its something that you could easily tell in person more than online ... / 2 cents

edit - lol aha jmat it was jokes man your taking it too literal my responses that is..

Guest jmatsu
It's possible he meant Richard Roundtree.

*shrug*

i'm not claiming that richard roundtree the actor/athlete doesn't have "swagger" based upon the definitions that everyone is dropping in the last couple pages, but how would you or jkissy even know?

obviously basing it upon film roles. in some interviews i've seen of him, i didn't find him all that charismatic or totally epitomizing how alot of people are defining the term swagger. he was actually quite corny in many of his other projects in his career, but thats just it! i never interacted him or at the very least seen him live so how could i say he don't really got it just as you guys are saying he does?

Jmat your looking for a real intricate answer on how people percieve swag on the forums.. i cant do that lol i have to go take in a cram session right now ..

Trev pm me

Guest jmatsu
Jmat your looking for a real intricate answer on how people percieve swag on the forums.. i cant do that lol i have to go take in a cram session right now ..

Trev pm me

no don't get me wrong, this time it is not in my interest to place people who've attempted to define the term on the hot seat or nothing.

i genuinely am interested in the usage of it, esp on the internets.

Guest jmatsu
Come on. What's meant by the modern common use of "swagger" is simply an outward manifestation of confidence. Comfort in oneself is possibly part of it, as is charisma and cockiness, but not inherently.

"Steez" or style is simply of aesthetically pleasing an outfit is, for potentially a variety of reasons.

Barack Obama, love him or hate him, by all accounts has swagger. Whether he is in front of one hundred people or with one other person he commands attention, and controls power dynamics.

Still is the most stylist person I've ever met, but I doubt many people notice on the street.

Style you can probably see on the internet, swagger you probably can't.

Good style might help your swagger some what; more often all that extra effort is there to cover up for a lack of it I find.

Swagger will make your style either more noticable or appealing, or you'll just be the dude with the $3000 jacket in the background, wishing someone would compliment you so you could talk about it.

this helps, but now that i hear this i really don't care about it anymore. just cause alot of people i met and by your defs whom i see here and assume have it are in actuality light minded and imo uninteresting. sure, the combo of steez and swagger are a forced to be reckoned with and very desirable, but you and i are in agreement as far as swagger being translated on a medium like the internet.

that was the basis of my inquires/my conversation.

while everyone has made a decent attempt at explaining swagger, i'd say it's damn near impossible to explain on the internet. swag in the colloquial sense is the energy one emits based on the comfortability of them in their own skin. so while this is a living and breathing characteristic, the internet for the most part will always be inanimate so to speak and that makes this shabang somewhat pointless

Guest jmatsu
Yeah, I think my point is that swagger is generally not the type of thing that wawyt is going to convey. Sure you can make the point that "this person dresses so crazy in their day to day life". Like Ledger or snafu who are all gothninja'd out and how do they get away with that!??! I mean, come on, dudes walk around like this http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj248/donnelly13/00701912zooma.jpg in the most white republican mid western small towns and that's just that weird mall goth. Most dudes don't notice how people around them dress. That's not to say either of those dudes don't have "swagger"; I have no idea whether they do or not.

jmat I think the confusion comes because of the dipset/lil wayne swagger concept which is essentially that swagger is anything that is a personal expression (thereby an extension of one's swagger). See "got that gucci swagger" ; or "swaggerjacker" for someone who bites their style off someone else. So when monituff says that wesleypipes has swagger for wearing his pyjamas to a party, it's because that was that an expression of swagger through his style.

Shoot me.

shit so there are various type of swagger coming from different origins? that's why i don't fuck with terminology i can't personally define. and maybe this sorta feeling that which is "swagger" is universal...

for example there are actually two jap words that are commonly used that sort of have the same definitions that every jap uses. and i admit for lack of better terminology or for convenience's sake i have and do use them. i suppose this may be the case of those who use "swagger." then again, i do not use those jap terms on the internet though.

and maybe i am misunderstanding, but if swagger equate to personal expression, then i am totally dismissing the term and any of it's usage. just because somebody has got their own personal expression doesn't make it good.

anyway it was only my intent to understand the concept of swagger because alot of people use it on the internet. in order for me to see if it's use on internet fashion forums was/is sound, i had to better understand it's definitions and how people have and are attempting to use it/them.

jmatsu

raises an interesting point about swagger on the internet. whenever i think of it in the context of famous people i think of someone like bob dylan, now bob dylan doesn't give a fuck about what you or anyone else thinks...he is just fucking bob dylan...

the first time i saw swagger used on superfuture was about cultpop that dude was cultpop no matter what strutting...you could see that he is the same dude in real life as on the internet.

another dude i think of with swagger is cheap...dude is not gonna be left alone with many daughters you know...but he is what he is...

there are other guys who come across as fond of themselves but don't have any kind of experience to back it up...there is a fine line between douchebaggery and swagger is the thing...

cockiness is not the same thing...

it cannot be bought...

and lets get one thing straight ...if someone is who he says he is...has some kind of swagger then when they post pics they are not too scared to show their face...

disagree and disagree.

cheap and cultpop follow their own styles, and more so than the majority of other posters on this board, but that is only half the equation, the other half would be being able to pull it off. Cultpop raised questions pretty consistently. Cheap had some followers early on, but as the board became more fashion conscious as a whole, cheap lost relevance and people began to lose interest in cheap.

If I remember correctly, both of them pretty much abandoned sufu, claiming that 'fashion is boring' etc, etc.

Most people aren't showing their face on here, frankly because this is the internet and it's not really that pleasant to sit and slide through a thread full of random dudes faces. Don't you remember the days of Kodiak et al? landho is pushin the envelope right now as well. Frankly, I don't really want to see most of your faces, and I will do you the courtesy of not including my face in every WAYWT.

That has nothing to do with keeping it real, though. Most of the sufu people I've met with in real life are swaggy as hell and keep it real, and none of them show their face in the WAYWT thread. The Tokyo guys were cool as hell, Duck, the Seoul guys (dizzhizz and wild_whiskey)... fuck, I lived with winq for quite some time and neither of us has put our face up in the WAYWT thread, but I'd say that we were keeping it pretty real. I don't know if that equates to pure swagger in other people's eyes...

4.0's swaggiest posters.... seenmy, that guy has brought really quality steez in every fit, and pulls it off like no other as well. Lots of people have diversified their wardrobes in the past few years because of the knowledge gained on sufu, but seenmy really did it well, putting together this Japanese high/low mix he's been doing lately. Jkissi has mad swagger and has been making cheap/midpriced clothes look really good. The comments about the newness and freshness of his clothing are stupid, those people probably don't see what he is going for. We are all forgetting that this place was true streetwear-driven just a few years ago...

Wesley pipes... I saw that first pic of his and knew immediately, that dude has mad swagger. If I were taking street snaps or something, that guy would be an automatic in.

blah blah blah...

disagree and disagree.

cheap and cultpop follow their own styles, and more so than the majority of other posters on this board, but that is only half the equation, the other half would be being able to pull it off. Cultpop raised questions pretty consistently. Cheap had some followers early on, but as the board became more fashion conscious as a whole, cheap lost relevance and people began to lose interest in cheap.

If I remember correctly, both of them pretty much abandoned sufu, claiming that 'fashion is boring' etc, etc.

Most people aren't showing their face on here, frankly because this is the internet and it's not really that pleasant to sit and slide through a thread full of random dudes faces. Don't you remember the days of Kodiak et al? landho is pushin the envelope right now as well. Frankly, I don't really want to see most of your faces, and I will do you the courtesy of not including my face in every WAYWT.

That has nothing to do with keeping it real, though. Most of the sufu people I've met with in real life are swaggy as hell and keep it real, and none of them show their face in the WAYWT thread. The Tokyo guys were cool as hell, Duck, the Seoul guys (dizzhizz and wild_whiskey)... fuck, I lived with winq for quite some time and neither of us has put our face up in the WAYWT thread, but I'd say that we were keeping it pretty real. I don't know if that equates to pure swagger in other people's eyes...

4.0's swaggiest posters.... seenmy, that guy has brought really quality steez in every fit, and pulls it off like no other as well. Lots of people have diversified their wardrobes in the past few years because of the knowledge gained on sufu, but seenmy really did it well, putting together this Japanese high/low mix he's been doing lately. Jkissi has mad swagger and has been making cheap/midpriced clothes look really good. The comments about the newness and freshness of his clothing are stupid, those people probably don't see what he is going for. We are all forgetting that this place was true streetwear-driven just a few years ago...

Wesley pipes... I saw that first pic of his and knew immediately, that dude has mad swagger. If I were taking street snaps or something, that guy would be an automatic in.

blah blah blah...

im not relevant?

:(