waywt? saved my life

sycamore no more

Guest jmatsu
its how you carry/project yourself. not really limited to anything in particular, but for example it's how you move, talk, act, (dress), etc.

it falls somewhere between charisma and panache i guess

the point is that it's mostly internal.

if shit is as u say, how can one tell if a subject in the waywt thread has it or not?

when most subject matter can only be externally judged in waywt fit threads?

"somewhere between charisma and panache i guess"

what

this is the worst shit i have ever heard someone say

swag is really hard to define :( but those are the closest words i could think of

jmat of course often you cant judge by a picture, but there are cases where u look at a picture and just think "damn that guy got swag" or "damn that guy looks like a bitch" and it has nothing to do with clothes/good looks/etc

cant really explain it well but you know what i mean

I think people on online fashion fora mistake swagger with good photos and werking the angles/poses.

jmatsu

raises an interesting point about swagger on the internet. whenever i think of it in the context of famous people i think of someone like bob dylan, now bob dylan doesn't give a fuck about what you or anyone else thinks...he is just fucking bob dylan...

the first time i saw swagger used on superfuture was about cultpop that dude was cultpop no matter what strutting...you could see that he is the same dude in real life as on the internet.

another dude i think of with swagger is cheap...dude is not gonna be left alone with many daughters you know...but he is what he is...

there are other guys who come across as fond of themselves but don't have any kind of experience to back it up...there is a fine line between douchebaggery and swagger is the thing...

cockiness is not the same thing...

it cannot be bought...

and lets get one thing straight ...if someone is who he says he is...has some kind of swagger then when they post pics they are not too scared to show their face...

Guest jmatsu
jmatsu

raises an interesting point about swagger on the internet. whenever i think of it in the context of famous people i think of someone like bob dylan, now bob dylan doesn't give a fuck about what you or anyone else thinks...he is just fucking bob dylan...

the first time i saw swagger used on superfuture was about cultpop that dude was cultpop no matter what strutting...you could see that he is the same dude in real life as on the internet.

another dude i think of with swagger is cheap...dude is not gonna be left alone with many daughters you know...but he is what he is...

there are other guys who come across as fond of themselves but don't have any kind of experience to back it up...there is a fine line between douchebaggery and swagger is the thing...

cockiness is not the same thing...

it cannot be bought...

and lets get one thing straight ...if someone is who he says he is...has some kind of swagger then when they post pics they are not too scared to show their face...

i think what you are sorta equating swagger 2 is realness. which is kinda in the same realm i guess, but keepin it real in every single social situation/actual context is often time foolish. often times shows bad judgement, imo.

LOL, i don't think anyone one here has actually says that they got swagger. they try to define it and say who's got it and who don't, but i never heard nobody claim to have it themselves.

i personally never used it in any of my comments when either debasing someone or praising another.

point is.. swag has been around since people have been around, some people just lack it theres no way to increase your swagger. Thats like seeing someone with a forced swag, i see this a lot in person, the diddy bop walk, the handshake so forced.. with the movements. To me some people have it others dont lol its always a dumb concept though..

Guest jmatsu
pretty much. There is no other def.

i am not an authority about the def/s of swagger, but people can come off as obnoxious, and still have it, no?

i know it's more of a white boy thing, but wadduabout like maybe sid vicious or maybe justin p. or san diego?

how about you guys look up the word swagger on dictionary.com

sorry but the dictionary is behind a few years in this case

the way people use it has changed

it no longer has negative connotations

i agree with hap for the most part, but not about the face showing thing

some of us would rather be anonymous on the internet (me included)

the people on here that i know well know what i look like, i just dont want my face placated all over a bunch of forums

IMO, swagger is hard to tell over the enterwebs, but STEEZ isn't.

very true my brother..

people just classify it as "do you look comfortable?" I see it more as a lack of charisma sometimes lol

i really like the swagger discussion that is going on. very very interesting.

it's really not though

I know this has been said before but, pictures do not translate in my opinion. Why are photographers paid lots of money to snap pictures for ad campaigns...because they know all the tricks of making someone look good in a photo (or even capturing a certain 'mood'). Pictures can be too fabricated to show something that is very natural.

Guest jmatsu
point is.. swag has been around since people have been around, some people just lack it theres no way to increase your swagger. Thats like seeing someone with a forced swag, i see this a lot in person, the diddy bop walk, the handshake so forced.. with the movements. To me some people have it others dont lol its always a dumb concept though..

swagger = austin power's def of "mojo??"

Guest jmatsu
very true my brother..

people just classify it as "do you look comfortable?" I see it more as a lack of charisma sometimes lol

what do u mean "do you look comfortable?" seriously...