Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im feelin' it too, looks lots more ergonomically correct when compared to normal levis style back pocket shapes, zero hip buldge id guess

I was thinkin that it matched the shirt pockets, but that is an interesting point.

i've noticed this on most repros but is there any reason why the stitching that holds the pocket onto the pant extends off of the pocket and onto the pant surface at the top corner?

I would guess that it is so the needle dosent accidentaly hit the rivet and break.

I would guess that it is so the needle dosent accidentaly hit the rivet and break.

good point. but there are already two lines of stitching running horizontally over the riveted section in most jeans--are those done prior to riveting, and the vertical stitch afterwards?

Because he and that guy on the left are wearing the same shirt. Serious faux pas!

;)

I think you are right! Look how smug the guy on the left looks!:eek:

Or it could do with the jet lag and 4 meetings in 48 hours.

Kiya is a busy man.

true...:o

an update..

day 3, no sleep, five meetings today.

i was a bit bummed that somebody else in the same room was wearing the same shirt as me, but what the hell did i expect? going to a Flat Head meeting is definitely going to yield some similar outfits if i show up wearing only Flat Head.

:)

DSC00069-721605.JPG

good point. but there are already two lines of stitching running horizontally over the riveted section in most jeans--are those done prior to riveting, and the vertical stitch afterwards?

The stitching is like coinpocket stitching. The horizontal stitching is done prior to riveting, when the pocket is being shaped. Then (after riveting) the pocket is folded down over the rivets. The stitching to attach the pocket starts on the top right (pic above) following the outline of the pocket, around the rivet on top then back around and finishing on the top right again.

I dig the new stitching as well. I just wished they'd retained the blue tab that was on the prototype. It was a more thorough the redesign.

Kiya, this stitiching will not be standard, correct? It will only be on the 'frontier edition'? Will you guys carry those?

The stitching is like coinpocket stitching. The horizontal stitching is done prior to riveting, when the pocket is being shaped. Then (after riveting) the pocket is folded down over the rivets. The stitching to attach the pocket starts on the top right (pic above) following the outline of the pocket, around the rivet on top then back around and finishing on the top right again.

hawkeye: i'll file that away in my head. thanks! :)

Quick question… why is everyone riding kiya's cock?

because he runs two companies, one of them being one of the best and few places for rare, quality-made denim, amongst other things, in the united states, he knows his stuff, has become a seminal figure in working with multiple companies after the whole levis suit fiasco, seems to be living his dream and is not to mention a pretty damn nice guy in person.

id say most praise is sort of warranted...

Quick question… why is everyone riding kiya's cock?

Multiple Choice: Please select the answer that best represents your feelings:

1. Because riding yours is boring and unfulfilling.

2. Because we're enjoying getting the scoop on Flat Head stuff.

3. Because we like Kiya, and his cock.

4. Because we are on a fashion board on the intermet, which means we obviously haven't got fuck-all else to do.

because he runs two companies...

Actually...

He runs five at the moment. Self Edge, Anti-Yo, Turf, Transit, and the family business.

But hey, who's counting?

;)

S

Hawkeye.. i couldn't have said this better myself, you got it spot on..

^^^ Oh… I wasn't being negative, just curious.

But according to these last few posts, kiya's THE MAN!

No prob. My tongue was firmly in cheek. ;)

And yes, Kiya is an army of ninjas, wrapped in denim.

an update..

day 3, no sleep, five meetings today.

i was a bit bummed that somebody else in the same room was wearing the same shirt as me, but what the hell did i expect? going to a Flat Head meeting is definitely going to yield some similar outfits if i show up wearing only Flat Head.

:)

that must have been weird....did you make him take it off at least?

smack.gif

Can anybody tell me how big of a difference there is in the 5000 and 3000 denim? I am curious why they make the same cuts in slightly different weight denim.

The properties of the 5XXX and the 3XXX denims are totally different.

The 5X is 13.75 ounces, the 3X is 14.5 ounces. They're both rope dyed but the 3X fades quicker and creates an intense atari fade within sixty days of wear.

The 3X also gives way to a far brighter blue color as it starts to fade where as the 5X fades into a more subtle blue.

The 3X is made of a shorter fiber cotton, so after the first soak the denim becomes extremely hairy and almost looks like it has a slight haze over it for the first five days or so after a soak/wash. The 5X is woven in such a way where the weft is visible more even in it's raw state giving the denim a slightly irregular look without looking too slubby.

That's all i can think of for now in terms of differences between the 5XXX and 3XXX denims.. both are amazing in their own way.