Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the houndstooth in stock at Self Edge in limited sizes..

Call us up..

http://www.selfedge.com

curious, do you still happen to have any of the black/white in stock? i'm looking to pick up a size 38 and am having a hard time finding it online. there's one in the supermarket but it's 42.

curious, do you still happen to have any of the black/white in stock? i'm looking to pick up a size 38 and am having a hard time finding it online. there's one in the supermarket but it's 42.

We MIGHT have one left in that size.. Call the store to order one or check on stock.

415 558-0658

We MIGHT have one left in that size.. Call the store to order one or check on stock.

415 558-0658

excellent, thanks! however humorously enough, my car seems to have started chewing through antifreeze as i drove home after making that post... so god knows what potentially needs a tune-up. financial situation withstanding afterwards, i'll call asap and try to pick one up.

Damn jpgm, you have a good eye.

That jacket isn't the jacket you think it is, but it's detailing and cut is very close.

Hey Kiya, any idea if Flathead will still make the short sleeved black chambray shirts like what JPGM's got? Can't seem to find it on your site.

We'll get more of those in December hopefully.

We don't stock many of the short sleeve shirts because they're not nearly as popular as the long sleeve shirts.

I myself pretty much only wear short sleeve shirts so i like to get a few size runs of a few models in from time to time.

I like that "i'm here to fix your cable" look.

• 4 weeks later...

I am kinda new to this thread, so forgive any bad questions. I am looking to purchase a pair of 3001's and need some sizing info (yes, I have read the tread). If I was a 34 in Levi's 514's and 32 in APC NS what size would be best for me so that I get a comfortable fit without being to tight in the hips after soak/ wash? My hip to waist measurements don,t change much-- not fat just larger frame. I was thinking a 34, but does anyone have any other insight that could change my decision.

Also, SE shows that the new 3001 are a 50/50 blend, does this mean that they won't shrink as much or am I just misunderstanding the wording on their sight?

P.S. Does anyone have experience on ordering these via a proxy or any Japan based shop? I could order from SE but if I can save myself 40's I will go the across seas route.

You can order them (applies to Flatheads only as far as i know) directly from 2nd at Rakuten if you're outside of the US. Otherwise you'd have to use a proxy. I don't think there's much chance of getting exchanges with japanese sellers if you choose the wrong size; whereas I believe Kiya and SE are pretty decent about that.

options for buying japanese denim thread

2nd

I am kinda new to this thread, so forgive any bad questions. I am looking to purchase a pair of 3001's and need some sizing info (yes, I have read the tread). If I was a 34 in Levi's 514's and 32 in APC NS what size would be best for me so that I get a comfortable fit without being to tight in the hips after soak/ wash? My hip to waist measurements don,t change much-- not fat just larger frame. I was thinking a 34, but does anyone have any other insight that could change my decision.

Also, SE shows that the new 3001 are a 50/50 blend, does this mean that they won't shrink as much or am I just misunderstanding the wording on their sight?

P.S. Does anyone have experience on ordering these via a proxy or any Japan based shop? I could order from SE but if I can save myself 40's I will go the across seas route.

If you don't know your size for sure you're taking a gamble ordering from overseas, not to mention that fact that they don't ship Flat Head into North America any more.

The new F310 are NOT a 50/50 blend, they're 100% cotton. It's the thread that's 50/50 so the threading lasts far longer than 100% cotton thread.

Get a size 34 in the F310 then if you've got an inch of room do a hot soak, if you don't have much room do a quick cold soak:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=213

• 1 month later...

Just got my Flat Head Houndstooth from the Supermarket. I've worn it 3 times in the past 4 days, so for those who don't own one, I definitely would recommend picking one up.

I'm a little curious as to how everyone is washing them. With how much I see myself wearing it, I'd be washing it maybe twice a week. Is everyone washing it every once in awhile or getting it dry cleaned, or any special procedures? I know the quality is unbeatable, but I don't want to "wear it out" by over washing/drying.

Secondly, I can't decide whether I want a chambray or flannel or another houndstooth. Damn you Flat Head.

I had a Flathead houndstooth shirt and would always send it out to dryclean. The houndstooth weave is thick and amazing in detail, throwing it in the washer would be risky.

They do shrink a little bit so if you can't afford to lose a bit of space then i'd dry clean it.