Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

Kiya -

I know that the mustard/brown houndstooth's coming soon...

Are there any other colors on the horizon?

No, only the mustard/brown... and a small restock of the rest of the colors.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what FH fit would be in between the 66 and 55 cut, similar to let's say the dj-501xx or a RR without bootcut or IH 634's you know, regular straight, but a little relaxed (I think the f380 is about that fit but I'm afraid the hem is just not wide enough to my liking, I'm looking for a minimum hem width of let's say 22.5-23cm as I have big feet)

also, is there an alternative to the f380 fit with no backpocket stitching and 'normal' shaped pockets?

Tiro, get the F380.

It's Flat Head's version of a slightly slimmed down 1966.

The fit is spot on after a soak.

I've actually found that the chambray shirts shrink far more than the houndstooths. But I just throw mine in the wash anyway, just avoid the dryer and you should be good.

And if you wash those shirts by hand, wouldn't the shrinkage be less? The contact with water would be far shorter, I guess. My black chambray and houndstooth shirts are already tight enough in the belly area....

I've actually found that the chambray shirts shrink far more than the houndstooths. But I just throw mine in the wash anyway, just avoid the dryer and you should be good.

And if you wash those shirts by hand, wouldn't the shrinkage be less? The contact with water would be far shorter, I guess. My black chambray and houndstooth shirts are already tight enough in the belly area....

generally true. anything i don't want to shrink i wash by hand and hang dry.

Tiro, get the F380.

It's Flat Head's version of a slightly slimmed down 1966.

The fit is spot on after a soak.

actually, I was thinking, slightly more relaxed then 1966, maybe sizing one up is a good idea, tho they don't make a 35 :(

is the f380 fit still available with normal pockets?

How is the length of the Selfedge Flat Head houndstooth shirt measured?

From top of the collar to bottom?

From the highest point of the shoulder to the bottom.

Just got my Flat Head Houndstooth from the Supermarket. I've worn it 3 times in the past 4 days, so for those who don't own one, I definitely would recommend picking one up.

I'm a little curious as to how everyone is washing them. With how much I see myself wearing it, I'd be washing it maybe twice a week. Is everyone washing it every once in awhile or getting it dry cleaned, or any special procedures? I know the quality is unbeatable, but I don't want to "wear it out" by over washing/drying.

Secondly, I can't decide whether I want a chambray or flannel or another houndstooth. Damn you Flat Head.

I have a flathead black and white houndstooth myself and wash it maybe once a week.. i dont know if this is just me, but i noticed the black is starting to look dull and not as black as it used to be.. but then again, this is to be expected from black fabric.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone give me a comparison between Nudie Slim jim / Regular Ralf ( Both I wear 32.. I can wear em low.. how i like it) and a Flathead 1005? Can't seem to find good comparisons or measurements.. Maybe I could just take my original size? or a 33 because of the hot soak shrinkage?

Help would be appreciated.

Billiamphan, great fit on that Houndstooth. I was thinking of picking one up myself. J/w, how tall and heavy are you?

Thanks bro. I'm 5"10 150ish, I have pretty broad shoulders and the size 36 shirt fits very slim on me. I'm actually trying to sell it to get a 38. Pm me if you are interested in it.

• 1 month later...

hey guys, what is the best way to repair minor rip hole on a houndstooth shirt?

i got 2 minor rip holes close to the sleeves opening near the button area, what is the most appropriate way fixing it? just wanna ask the experts before taking it to a tailor.

thanks

hey guys, what is the best way to repair minor rip hole on a houndstooth shirt?

i got 2 minor rip holes close to the sleeves opening near the button area, what is the most appropriate way fixing it? just wanna ask the experts before taking it to a tailor.

thanks

If you're local and bought it from Self Edge bring it back and we'll repair it for free, if not just go to a decent local tailor and they'll be able to do a simple stitch repair (no patch) on it pretty quickly.

If you're local and bought it from Self Edge bring it back and we'll repair it for free, if not just go to a decent local tailor and they'll be able to do a simple stitch repair (no patch) on it pretty quickly.

Thanks for the quick response kiya, i guess i'll just bring it to my local tailor then.

btw kiya, when you gonna reveal the short sleeves shirts that's gonna be available at selfedge??:P

Thanks for the quick response kiya, i guess i'll just bring it to my local tailor then.

btw kiya, when you gonna reveal the short sleeves shirts that's gonna be available at selfedge??:P

Hopefully in mid-april..

hey, im quite new to the forum and ive been lookin at these flathead shirts for some time now and should be getting one soon...esp the Self Edge x Flat head's mustards think the fits look brill Billiamphan, that fit looks good.

Bin addicted to Self edge too, wud love to come down in the near future...from what ive read i take it kiya owns SE...props dude!

What short sleeve shirts do you got in stock, if any Kiya?

Phone orders on them?

Just got some light restocks of all these shirts.. Measurements are the same as the long sleeve versions, just with short sleeves. Call the store to place an order..

Flat Head:

DSC05368-747566.JPG

DSC05367-747597.JPG

DSC05406-763945.JPG

DSC05407-763987.JPG