Flat Head Jeans and Shirts

kiya

my thoughts exactly, so I ordered them friday...

all ready impatient for them to arrive.

edit - but dreading the customs charge

i ordered my houndstooth last friday too and they said it shouldve been here thurs, and now its sunday and still no show :( im anxious now

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody with a Flathead houndstooth western shirt (anybody that has washed theirs) tell me if it shrunk much or not.......I've got both a size 38 and a 36 ... both brand new ...and need to unload one but I'm unsure of which one to keep.

i believe kiya said it'll shrink at most half an inch pit to pit...

The new Flat Head F380..

snipshot_e41ab7mk8x2p-715852.jpg

It's a slim/straight leg with the new arcuates and a medium/low rise. We're doing the release for these on Thursday or Friday of this week online and instore..

for some reason they remind me of old jordache arcs. don't know if thats bad or good.

Yeah, i'm a huge fan of the new arcuates. They're very classic, western, and tough looking which pairs nicely with the Flat Head image of being very western and rockabilly...

Is the model wearing a Skull western shirt? are those available at SE? How much the FHs gonna cost a brother? And why couldn't you have released them this weekend, when I was in the Bay area?!?

Yup, that's the new Skull Western shirt..

here's the post i just did:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=471135&postcount=331

The new F380 will cost $280, same as the rest of our Flat Head jeans.. We actually had them in the store all weekend and they're for sale now in the store, online they'll go up on Thursday.

i fancy the arcs too, but i thought i remembered seeing way back that these were the first mock ups that then gave way to a revised design? apparently im mistaken, but i know there were at least others. maybe these are the revised/final versions of them? what co. did the "fancy N" looking arcs? (sort of like a traditional levis with the top section of the left arc was turned downward) iron heart maybe?

i fancy the arcs too, but i thought i remembered seeing way back that these were the first mock ups that then gave way to a revised design? apparently im mistaken, but i know there were at least others. maybe these are the revised/final versions of them? what co. did the "fancy N" looking arcs? (sort of like a traditional levis with the top section of the left arc was turned downward) iron heart maybe?

These arcuates are actually different than the orginal designs, very slightly different, most people probably wouldn't notice how they changed the design.

The arcuate you're referring to with the "fancy N" is Iron Heart, and it's already been released. Our 634s' in sizes 38 and 40 already have the new arcuates on them.

Kiya how would you say the sizing on the frontier sizing goes compared to 3001s? I seriously regret buying the wrong size in my 3001s, the denim was excellent. Maybe this is a chance to get my first flat head.

Oh and also, how would you say the cut of the F380 differs from the 3001?

The waist on these is one inch larger than tagged size, same as the 3001, 4001BK, 5100, 3003, etc..

The cut on the F380 is a slightly more relaxed version of the 3001.

Kiya

will there be also a new model with the new arcuates that fits slim (like the 3001)?

Yup, The F310 will be out soon...

The properties of the 5XXX and the 3XXX denims are totally different.

The 5X is 13.75 ounces, the 3X is 14.5 ounces. They're both rope dyed but the 3X fades quicker and creates an intense atari fade within sixty days of wear.

The 3X also gives way to a far brighter blue color as it starts to fade where as the 5X fades into a more subtle blue.

The 3X is made of a shorter fiber cotton, so after the first soak the denim becomes extremely hairy and almost looks like it has a slight haze over it for the first five days or so after a soak/wash. The 5X is woven in such a way where the weft is visible more even in it's raw state giving the denim a slightly irregular look without looking too slubby.

That's all i can think of for now in terms of differences between the 5XXX and 3XXX denims.. both are amazing in their own way.

cant decide which one i like more either.. i love the fact that the 3xxx are fading so quickly but the denim on the 5xxx just has such a nice colour and texture and also has a lovely feel to the touch?

i couldnt decide so i have both.

saying theres very little difference in weight they both feel and look worlds apart

edit: not the best pics ever but 5100 on the left and 3003 on the right.

the 3003 is quite significantly darker.

30035100eg0.jpg

Every model comes with a totally different patch..

If the F310 is the equivalent of 3001, does that mean I should be on the lookout for the F410 bk?

No black Frontier jeans till 2008...

F310 is the Frontier version of the 3001.. we're releasing them next week..

hey i'm very new to flathead denim and i'm not sure what size should i get. i'm thinking of getting a 3001s as its one of the slimmest fits right ? anyway i'm wearing a 27 for apc, size 30 for skull 5010 and i'm around 31 in waist. what size should i get ? and where can i get the flathead jeans and their shirt ??? i'm from singapore.

the 3001 and the f310 are the slimmest FH models along with the 4001bk. I would suggest getting 3001's in the same size as your skulls, they are pretty similiar from what I have read.

You can get their shirts from self-edge or through rakuten.