australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

I second the Ayam Goreng 99 on Anzac Parade, very nice. Closed mondays and tuesdays.

I like the entrees at that Lebanese place on Glebe Point Road but the main dishes were pretty plain and normal.

Ben's Thai in randwick (i think?) has good green curry.

Campos for coffee.

Wawa is a lovely cafe. fratelli fresh next door for the best deserts I've ever had. Also Bourke Street Bakery.

Japanese is Sushi Suma on Crown street, and Nazimi on the other side of the QVB, nxt to the bright orange adult bookshop.

These were places I could eat at while forking out a shitload of money for uni/art supplies/giant pretty printings

pies: harry's cafe de wheels

yes definitely go here

sorry to shit on your food topics...

just back from a night out in the shitty city. havent been out in sydney in ages and ages. such a depressing night. nearly every single man i seen is in either a billabong or dc or some other lame teeshirt or ghey tootight or tentlike buttonup. fucking disgusting. definitely the places i went...what is everyone else seeing?!?!?!

...meh i guess people can wear what they want. /rant. kthnxbye

such a depressing night. nearly every single man i seen is in either a billabong or dc or some other lame teeshirt or ghey tootight or tentlike buttonup. fucking disgusting. definitely the places i went...what is everyone else seeing?!?!?!

There is quite a big range of what people wear in the evening in Sydney and it makes no difference which part of the Sydney you are in. In general I think people are dressing much better than they used to. There are a lot more people wearing properly fitting shirts and jackets than before.

That still leaves a lot of awful stuff though. At least a t-shirt looks casual, but when a lot of blokes in Sydney think they ought to dress it up a bit, they just put on jeans and a dark untucked button-up with rounded tails. I think a lot of them do it because their girlfriends tell them to wear it like that.

When I was in Japan last, I saw a man out with his family wearing this exact Newcastle Knights jersey. Clearly the reason why Tokyo dropped from 6th.

knight1989.jpg

I saw this rather large bald guy with the Knights emblem and premierships dates tatooed on the back of his head.

just back from a night out in the shitty city. havent been out in sydney in ages and ages. such a depressing night. nearly every single man i seen is in either a billabong or dc or some other lame teeshirt or ghey tootight or tentlike buttonup. fucking disgusting. definitely the places i went...what is everyone else seeing?!?!?!

I don't think it's THAT bad to the point that people would get disgusted. there are always people who will dress well and those who don't. And anyways, if the people around you aren't dressed as well then you'll only look better ;)

having said that, seeing the occasionally well dressed person is nice (esp. with the females ;)

so I'm going to get some bespoke shirts done but not sure what material would be practical in Syd/Aus weather all year round: cotton twill, poly cotton, herringbone and plain cotton to name a few...did a search and didn't really get much specific answers...time to hit up google?

ROBERT GELLER

The Autumn Winter 2008 collection from Robert Geller has now arrived exclusively at Our Spot.

The collection which took inspiration from a book written by a 19th century

Prussian naturalist features contrast suiting, toggle bomber jackets, denim,

waffle knit hoody's plus shirting and sunglasses.

One of the most impressive menswear designers coming out of America right now

the collection is available in store now and online next week.

INVITATION

We invite you to re join the Our Spot mailing list

through the subscribe link on the website. You'll receive regular updates

on stock arrivals, invitations to preview sales & V.I.P events.

http://www.ourspot.com.au/

Our Spot

Shop 1

220 Liverpool Street Darlinghurst NSW 2010

61 2 8354 0300

www.ourspot.com.au

so I'm going to get some bespoke shirts done but not sure what material would be practical in Syd/Aus weather all year round: cotton twill, poly cotton, herringbone and plain cotton to name a few...did a search and didn't really get much specific answers...time to hit up google?

Try Charles Nakhle. The man is referred to by alot as the best shirtmaker in Australia. His prices are very good for the quality and workmanship, I remember they were like a touch over $200 for a shirt, that was early last year though. Prices might have changed from then on.

NAKHLE SHIRTMAKERS Suite 7 Lower Ground Floor, 55-65 Phillip Street, Parramatta NSW 2150