australia :: sydney :: shopping

dumadiscount

That was uncalled for, I apologise. This being SuFu, it just sounded like some weird 'I never shop at DJ' elitism.

lol being sufu, that's exactly what it sounded like... however us sydney siders are alot nicer here!

With DJ's I find it quite a good place to shop especially at sale time. I've found Filipa K shirts for like $130, which were $325 before, and I've bought stuff like hugo boss red label. I don't buy ALOT of stuff there, but I enjoy sifting through a huge variety. Not that I don't appreciate the botique stores like our spot, incu etc, just that they are quite limited, as someone has said: how long before you felt like you can name every time you've seen there. I visit the boutiques about once every month or two, and about the same for DJs.

I guess that the products and shop layout is based on what the sydney consumer would consume the most, more mid range brands like Morrissey and A|X - if you notice stuff in MX Threads some of the guys who dress theyre aren't that great it's just brand name bling thrown around assuming it looks good. Not that this generalisation is as wide as I may have made it seem, but I can imagine these type of people do account for a large proportion of sales!

Brands like armani will be perceived to be of higher brand/showoff value to the average consumer than say something from Jil Sander. I do believe however, the stock layout does little to promote those expensive high end brands by bunching them up together - it just cheapens the perceived brand imagine and people are probably less inclined to fork out that extra $100-$150 for a JS shirt vs an A/X or morrissey (and this might not even be justified in certain cases).

All in all, I appreciate the selection DJ's has to offer in what I consider a fairly dry sydney fashion scene.

Moving to sydney in 2 weeks coming from Perth. Can't wait to get out of this place.

Didn't see a designated club thread for Sydney so I'll ask here. What do people think of Ivy and Bamboo. Was in Syd last weekend but did not get a chance to check them out.

if you're a snobby yuppie then they are perfect places to go.

Purple sneakers was a great place not that long ago. There are too many people in flat brimmed caps now.

As for smaller drinking spots, weren't the new liquor license laws supposed to bring these back?

ALSO! What does everyone think about an Australian Sale thread? So we can still shop without getting raped buy the shit-weak Australian dollar?

dgsmigliani, what music you into...?

it's not a music issue man ... just everywhere you go these days, is full of douche bags. lately i've just been hitting galleries and opening nights on weeknights. besides that i go for a dance down at oxford arts, but really where else is there... will & toby? cross?

but if you want a music preference ... i dig hip hop, but not over the top rnb shit. like underground madlib, mf doom, flying lotus ... to throw some big names. that's why i'm glad about the sydney festival ... four tet, daedelus, metronomy, cinematic orchestra ... beck's bar festival here we come!

has anyone been to havana? The few times i've been there at friday night called chocolate city, i didn't really have a good time.

I think some of my friends are going to chinese laundry, I wonder if thats any good. Anyone have opinions?

Oh yea I've also been to the pontoon and the security guys are dicks lol. Lets everyone in who wear beat up sneakers, but didn't let my friend in who wore the same shoes as everyone else... maybe he was racist coz he was asian.

what is the fastest way to make 1mil in runescape....http://www.coolrunescape.com/i am currently making 5k bow string which will get me about 500k but i don't know what to do after that.if u would like to look at my skills look at the highscores! plz help me.........!!!!!!!!!!!RunescapeRunescape goldWell.. around 3-4 years ago when i heard about runescape from a friend i decided to go check it out, i created 'Chavforlife' lol, you may laugh but it's true, i have no idea what made me think of that name, but yeah.. runescape powerlevelingBut anyway, since then i've only used this account but now it's got to the stage i actually really regret making this name in the first place, everyday my name get's commented by random player's, some "nice" comments suprisingly and some just pure hate which i understand ;p. But like with this name i'm forever getting judged, flamed when they have never actually spoken to me but meh.runescape cheatsWhat about you guy's, any of you regret making your runescape account name?http://www.maplemsmesos.com other game gold selling http://www.coolrunescape.com/vgolds