What Will You Look Like this Spring?

masuerte

I know most people don't like it, but I'm quite fond of the whole 'light/thin scarf with t-shirt and jeans' look. I also find myself wearing a lot of light weight knit beanies with t-shirts in the spring.

No to the first, yes to the second.

What up Gloves?

Oh shit...I just realized that was your Spring 2007 look. Perhaps you've reconsidered the scarf?

No to the first, yes to the second.

What up Gloves?

Oh shit...I just realized that was your Spring 2007 look. Perhaps you've reconsidered the scarf?

I'll probably still rock some light scarfs. I have a dries one from SS08 and a few I made in lightweight linen that should be perfect. I'll post some pics and see if ya dig it. :)

get ready for a massive train of thought.

all new denim (ande whall. cheap monday. acne. dior. nudie. american apparel. wesc. any combination of those, definitely ande whall and cheap monday, and the dior "argent" jeans). white lithium homme tees, u-neck. alessandro dell'acqua 8731 model in red or bronze, or both. mark nason backstage and playlist models. nom de guerre cardigan vest. some sort of scarf, or shemagh if i can pull it off in a way that's not too streetwear and that doesn't burn me the fuck up in spring. gucci glasses. necklaces and piercings (gauged ears, olivewood/cubic zirconia plugs. cartilage. monroe). lots of hats from new york hat co. completely re-done hair by lana guerra. a nice ring. some steampunk-esque watch. big drkshdw jacket. some sort of jacket from the obscur ss08 line. probably this: 5.jpg

a lot of this stuff i'd do now, seeing as most of it is fairly weather-neutral, but i'm not going to be employed until the spring and my music isn't making me any money right now. i haven't been sitting around my house planning exactly how i'm going to look this spring; it's just that funds have pretty much dictated that this is when i'll have the money for it.

Denim - 2 yr old Sugarcanes, getting nice and fadey, and a pair from Kato which i've been saving.

White AA tees plus a couple of white linen shirts from Agnes B.

Footwear, just haven't worked that out yet... prob navy or white chucks.

for school dress code (jacket + tie)

blue blazer for the beginning, white linen once memorial day comes

once it comes near to exams and dress code changes, shorts and sperrys.

this season, lots of linen (shorts, shirts and blazers), topsiders pretty much 24/7, and lots of white, going to rock the rolled-pant look as well.

on a slightly related note, does anyone have any ideas on how to keep your feet/shoes from smelling awful while wearing topsiders? i've tried baby powder, but that smells and if i put too much in it looks like i just stepped out of a scene from blow

elongated soft and drapy inner layer with an interesting neckine, cropped blazer/ tuxedo jacket with a nice structure, shorts with pleats/overlay/volume/strap details, or skiniee black jeans, black pointed boots, also still have to buy a pair of reek oweeens sneakers

all new denim (ande whall. cheap monday. acne. nudie. american apparel. wesc. any combination of those, definitely ande whall and cheap monday). alessandro dell'acqua 8731 model in red or bronze, or both. mark nason backstage and playlist models. nom de guerre cardigan vest. some sort of scarf, or shemagh if i can pull it off in a way that's not too streetwear and that doesn't burn me the fuck up in spring. half-frame, rounded, horn rim glasses. ascot. necklaces and piercings (gauged ears, olivewood/cubic zirconia plugs. cartilage. monroe). maybe a bowler hat. completely re-done hair by lana guerra. a nice ring.

Whoa whoa whoa, almost missed that. Are you serious? Please tell me that was the bad fashion equivalent of 'Where's Waldo?'

Edit: I actually Googled this shit and then threw up a little in my mouth:

skech239895_42952_lg.jpg

visvim saga chinos/plaid cargo shorts/shigatse shirts

maiden noir striped shorts/plaid shirts

kicking mule selvage khakis

stronghold/sugarcane/lvc/rag and bone/apc denim

neighborhood chinos/plaid locos shirts

mhi sweat shorts/cargo shorts

LOT OF solid black/grey/white tees(nutz)

visvim/nike/clarks

alternating vans zapato del barcos and topsiders.

either with kmw rockers or naked and famous skinny guys, cuffed... and maybe crate chinos once the sally cut gets released.

polos and light-colored button-ups, thin cardigans, blazers.

looking like i dropped out of prep school to follow vampire weekend on tour.

all new denim (ande whall. cheap monday. acne. nudie. american apparel. wesc. any combination of those, definitely ande whall and cheap monday). alessandro dell'acqua 8731 model in red or bronze, or both. mark nason backstage and playlist models. nom de guerre cardigan vest. some sort of scarf, or shemagh if i can pull it off in a way that's not too streetwear and that doesn't burn me the fuck up in spring. half-frame, rounded, horn rim glasses. ascot. necklaces and piercings (gauged ears, olivewood/cubic zirconia plugs. cartilage. monroe). maybe a bowler hat. completely re-done hair by lana guerra. a nice ring.

edit; as of today, some sort of jacket from the obscur ss08 line. probably this: 5.jpg

a lot of this stuff i'd do now, seeing as most of it is fairly weather-neutral, but i'm not going to be employed until the spring and my music isn't making me any money right now. i haven't been sitting around my house planning exactly how i'm going to look this spring; it's just that funds have pretty much dictated that this is when i'll have the money for it.

i have tried to bug this dude about where to get this stuff. can you actually or are they just one offs??

elongated soft and drapy inner layer with an interesting neckine cropped blazer/ tuxedo jacket with a nice structure, shorts with pleats/overlay/volume/strap details, or skiniee black jeans, black pointed boots, also still have to buy a pair of reek oweeens sneakers

Similar, but not as steezy as Still...

1) Rick Owens tops, mainly...it gets really hot here, though.

2) anti-fit H dropped crotch shorts, Cloak shorts x 2, Rick Owens shorts, lookin' for pleated shorts too.

3) A77, N(N) [when I get my size!]

Also kopped some Superfine silver skinnies, but I dunno how that'll work. Paired them with my CPs (cassette playa and common proj) and it's an interesting combo.

I'm looking for any Attachment shit from this season too. PM me.

what do you guys think about khaki pleated short shorts cuffed up, with sockless sperrys ala nautical style

i think it looks dope. i usually go really preppy in the spring and then retire the lightweight sweaters and blazers for summer and just wear rolled up khakis with an oxford or a polo. the sperry bahama is going to get a lot of play from me this spring tho. vans + boat shoe = sick.

Whoa whoa whoa, almost missed that. Are you serious? Please tell me that was the bad fashion equivalent of 'Where's Waldo?'

Edit: I actually Googled this shit and then threw up a little in my mouth:

skech239895_42952_lg.jpg

actually, i'm not sure of the model names. but it definitely was not that. i'm not sure where i got the names from, actually.

this is what i was looking at:

NMN04LF_mn.jpg neiman marcus calles it the "fashion monk loafer."

socks will be outlaw

bright pants, white, gray, if i can find other colors I will get them.. cropped whenever possible

loose fitting button ups with interesting collars(tux, shawl, double, whatever else i will find)

some sandals if i can find a suitable pair

i need a linen blazer/coat

and white sneakers for casual days.. have a pair of reeboks on the way for that