What Will You Look Like this Spring?

masuerte

I'm not saying what fads you think others will be buying into... or etc.

I just want to know what spring is going to be like for you in terms of personal fashion. How does comfort add into your spring wardrobe? Is comfort an issue? How're you taking weather into consideration? Do you hate spring and the oncoming of summer? Definitely feel free to post pictures of your proposed fits or inspirations.

Me, I'm going to focus on my denim and try to stick with white shirts all spring this year. Maybe even peg/cuff the denim while wearing with boots. I'm gonna try to keep from wearing light blazers this summer... going totally basic unless the situation absolutely requires me to. Basically I'm going to try to dress like it's summer.

As for my acessories however, I'm definitely going to try to wear some necklaces and maybe bust out my krama for the cool desert nights. And maybe I'll go crazy with hats.

So much for minimalism.

I'll probably be sporting a look similar to mas's. Uniqlo plain tees and my APC's. when it gets warmer probably swich off to tees shorts and flip flops. I'm not really that into jewelry but been looking around for a few knick knacks just to mix things up. Thinking about a piece or two from Alex and Chloe.Another tattoo this spring because A&D ruins everything it touches and I won't be as covered up.Kinda off topic but I wanna start wearing my Chukkas more too.

Word, I'm looking at those APC bermudas as well. Maybe around March I'll order, or hopefully by then the APC on Melrose will be open. :)

I'm in Huntington Beach. One good thing about this place is the amount of talent. Wow. For every guy there's about 20 girls, gotta love those odds.

Servo, your in SD right? I go down to LaJolla and PB all the time. I grew up body surfing in LJ.

Yeah, SD. Let me know when you're coming down sometime. I don't get out to the beach much until the summer, and I haven't much the last couple of years. Inherent skin cancer danger keeps me inside more than it should (damn genetics), as well as being relatively far away from it. It'd be a good excuse.

I think the overall theme I'm getting this spring is: simplification + accessorization. Personally, I'm actually trying to build a slightly more complex summer wardrobe. Trying to find some breezy summer jackets, some light layerable pieces, light scarves. Looking for ways to cover up but still look "spring / summery," basically.

I can't wait till we start posting pics *o*

^ how gay is that?

Servo-I'll definitely hit you up next time I go down there, as I'm usually by myself because all my friends are too lazy.

I know most people don't like it, but I'm quite fond of the whole 'light/thin scarf with t-shirt and jeans' look. I also find myself wearing a lot of light weight knit beanies with t-shirts in the spring.

My first purchase for spring is going to be a light pair of trousers (see Lanvin post, just wish they weren't so much $$). I'll probably try and pull off a little Thom Browne-ish ankle peep showing this spring as well. :)

I plan on looking very comfortable, very fit and fashionably stylish! I've got the threads now and plan on wearing them. I live on the adage: "The most expensive piece of clothing you own are the ones you don't wear". It's time to enjoy my investments!

Also, getting my whole left side tattooed

I can't imagine how that's gonna feel assuming you mean the left side of your torso. My chest was pretty bad at parts but the sides have to be killer especially the lower part. Any idea of what you're getting?

A memorial for my Father who passed away almost 2 years ago. The Lady Guadalupe. He wore this necklace around his neck for God knows how long with her on it and he loved the history and story behind it. It's going to be tender thats for sure! Should take about 2-3 sittings (I'm hoping I can just get it done with 2). I'll be sure to post some pics in the recent purchases thread when I get it done (hopefully in Feb/March).

Servo-I'll definitely hit you up next time I go down there, as I'm usually by myself because all my friends are too lazy.

I know most people don't like it, but I'm quite fond of the whole 'light/thin scarf with t-shirt and jeans' look. I also find myself wearing a lot of light weight knit beanies with t-shirts in the spring.

My first purchase for spring is going to be a light pair of trousers (see Lanvin post, just wish they weren't so much $$). I'll probably try and pull off a little Thom Browne-ish ankle peep showing this spring as well. :)

Ditto on the ankle peep. I'm either rolling my denim up with ankle peep or trying it with the light trousers. I'm feeling like I can pull off a very white pair of flat fronts cut high enough to at least have no break.

And try out the kramas for neckwear! Aside from that... I guess... a shemagh? lol

A memorial for my Father who passed away almost 2 years ago. The Lady Guadalupe. He wore this necklace around his neck for God knows how long with her on it and he loved the history and story behind it. It's going to be tender thats for sure! Should take about 2-3 sittings (I'm hoping I can just get it done with 2). I'll be sure to post some pics in the recent purchases thread when I get it done (hopefully in Feb/March).

awesome way to remember him...

couple of pair's of acne's, some s/s pieces from EG, couple of blank tees from loopwheeler, AA, and barneys...pretty basic.

living in a country where it's summer or feels like it for the year round, it's still pretty much the same look for me: light cotton shirts and polos, denim (i can take wearing raw denim no matter how hot the weather is, maybe it's because I'm not too fond of cold weather) and just regular sneakers, with the occassional shorts and slippers for those hot and lazy days :)

There's nothing on this planet that I hate more than being warm... it makes me uncomfortable to the extreme.

Spring I usually handle with t-shirts and light jackets or sweaters, and the usual slim leg/chunky shoe silhouette that I love.

Summer I hate... I basically stick to tees and jeans. I guess what I could get into

is layering v-necks over crew necks, or get some u-neck tops...

Remember when people were way into layering two polos over one another, back when the polo shirt had its hardcore comeback- how the fuck did people pull off wearing that much cotton in 90-degree weather and not smell like raw dead body? Ick.

After seeing some Various bermuda shorts...been thinking I might (and I really mean MIGHT) relax my "east coast men don't wear shorts in the city" ban of the last 10 years....But don't count on it

I will never, ever, ever lay off of that. Ever.

I check city limits signs before ever slapping on a pair of shorts.

I'm even iffy on whether or not it is appropriate to rock them while

I'm with my girlfriend on LI.

spring:

denim jacket, jeans, denim shirts, western shirts, grandpa hats, chinos, purcells/chucks/vans/lighter boots

style inspiration - workwear/bad boy culture/ 30s style swedish look . 1880.-1950 basiclly.

summer

no idea really. chinos/faded jeans, light shirts or tees, canvas sneaks.

I will never, ever, ever lay off of that. Ever.

I check city limits signs before ever slapping on a pair of shorts.

I'm even iffy on whether or not it is appropriate to rock them while

I'm with my girlfriend on LI.

Seriously - thanks for the reminder - I was feeling those APC 'muda shorts too, but I had to check myself real quick.

Just thinking about taking a spinning, flipping piece of plywood to the bare shin is enough to keep myself long-pantsed all summer.

edit to stay on topic: ...and spring.

I've always wanted to try some rolled-up slim chinos and no socks w/ burgundy beefroll Weejuns but it doesn't look right on me.

Probably stick to standard Cali wear, tees, shorts and some simple sneaks (Purcells, Vans slips ) or over the top sneaks (Jordan Grape V's, Oddity Adidas Stan Smiths or the crazy New Balance Neon Fish joints I just picked up.

i love warm weather...a lot of people say they don't like it because it doesn't give them an opportunity to dress up, that never made much sense to me. I'd rather be feeling happy on a sunny day in simpler clothing than lookin dressed to the nines but have it be cold and gloomy outside.

anyway, my warm weather look is like it's always been...yohji t-shirts, 45 RPM denim, sneakers. On slightly milder days/evenings i'll throw on a blazer.

i think the only t-shirts i'll buy from now on are yohji...might be a little bit more of an investment than an AA or uniqlo but i don't have to buy as many and they wear nicely.