Levi's takes on Japanese Denim Resellers and Manufacturers

kiya

It was either take off the tabs, and sell the jeans with the arcuates fully intact or destroy the jeans.

those were the two choices i was given, in reality they wouldn't have been destroyed, they would have been taken home and added to my collection. not sure if i needed another 100 pairs of jeans added to my collection in one day though.

then after two days i was told i could not sell the jeans at all, tab or no tab. i was told i had to take the arcuates off too. but i refused, at which point the product was removed from the store.

damn props. :eek:

fight the man.

The funny thing about all of this is that if Levi hadn't copyrighted the red tab and the arcuates, they probably wouldn't of become such an icon (Image after all is king). I'm not undermining the biuld of the jeans as they used to be made, but rather pointing out that the very reason we (me included) are all upset is because the red tab is so ingrained and powerfull an image to us all (world over). If they hadn't copyrighted it I presume it would be less notorious, and therfore less coveted. Levi's came up with something that looks good (red tab etc.) just like pinin designs nice Ferraris. Obviously Levi are in the right legally (just), but I think maybe what has (already been pointed to in other threads) really rubbed salt into the wound is that if Levi were as well run and creative as other companies, we would all feel less annoyed at them. ie. If levi felt the pressure of the Japanese companies, they should of responded by making something better, showing that they can still compete, rather than running off and letting the courts fight their battles for them. Competition creates a need, and a need inspires creation. I heard a story once: A man ran a tractor company and after it got quite successful, he purchased a few sports cars. He wasn't happy with the clutch of his Ferrari, and wrote to Enzo telling him how to improve it. Enzo Ferrari wrote back basically telling him to stick to designing tractors, and he will stick to designing sports cars. The tractor man was called Ferruccio Lamborghini, and he went on to make Ferrari's biggest competitor. It's stories like these that we all love, and at the moment Levi doesn't look like a confident, creative company. It looks like it's running scared. But credit where credit's due-they did come up with the red tab in the first place, just a shame that they are remembered for it in a bad way than in a good way right now.

Funny thing is they go after companies with small details LIKE levi's , but don't give a fuck that there are LITERAL FAKE LEVI'S being made and sold as authentic every day .....

if I was those companies I would've told levi's get off my jock and find something better to do with your time -

they're paying homage and actually making WAY BETTER products jeesh ..

colt makes the consumer pay by forcing all imported marui products (and all other airsoft companies) to be puttied (putting disgusting putty on the logo that is impossible to remove). but people got smarter with using special putty removers and what not.

putty on red tabs? :P

Well, they don't really use putty anymore, because it's a messy annoying thing. What they do if you order from HK is they put a black hot glue over the trademarks, and then cut all trademarks off the boxes. My AK-47, with a metal body and wood, which is for sale (pm me), got shipped and was through customs in one day.

thats actually pretty weird that customs just let jeans go through after they ripped the tag... what douches...

shouldnt they actually destroy the jeans completely ?

i sure hope theres not any customs people reading here...

oh yeah... damn, gotta hate that... so customs would probably destroy em totally and then not ship them on ? dont you even get a notifier that the customs have taken in your jeans ?

I didn't want to say "told you so..." but i'm gonna have to say it..

Told you so..

:)

The feds got to me faster cause i'm operating in their backyard.

heh..

Wow can you fucking numbnuts take your fingers off the keyboard for about five seconds, read what everyone here is saying--STOP FUCKING BLOWING UP THEIR SPOT?

My god, this is almost as aggravating as ISS right now. Unbelievable.

You know you guys need to stop snitching when Stunt is disappointed... :rolleyes:

Wow can you fucking numbnuts take your fingers off the keyboard for about five seconds, read what everyone here is saying--STOP FUCKING BLOWING UP THEIR SPOT?

My god, this is almost as aggravating as ISS right now. Unbelievable.

You know you guys need to stop snitching when Stunt is disappointed... :rolleyes:

i still think iss is at least twice as bad ;(

You people need to stop fucking snitching and put this shit to rest unless you want to ruin it for the rest of us.

Sidney I'm surprised with you being creative. Someday someone will be ripping off your images and you will have a totally different felling about all this. Again why get pissed at the company for enforcing whats theres (or seems to be) get pissed at the folks not complying.