OiNK

Servo2000

Basically, rather than spam up OiNK I'll spam up SF:

What do you fellows do to keep up your ratio on OiNK? I just got invited, and I've been a member of other trackers with similiar ratio rules, but with OiNK there's so many users that it seems like it's just about impossible to even get uploading. Just seed like 100 different files?

Anyway, any advice on the site would be much appreciated in general.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i figured... it just sucks because you have to download something to seed it and if its a little too popular you won't be able to seed enough to go far beyond a ratio of 1, not enough to offset other things you've downloaded.

I've never uploaded a thing and I'm around 2.0. I seed for months on end, that helps immensely, but I'm also able to hop on popular torrents early, that's the luck element. For the early months, don't turn off your computer!

hey servo, i got my ratio by just downloading and seeding. they give you a lot of time before the ratio rules start to kick in, so its not that bad.

basically if you want to boost up your ratio --download the stuff you think everyone would like from the newly posted ones

Yeah, I'll download just under 5 gigs of whatever seems to be fairly popular and then just go ahead and seed the lot for a month or two. That way I can build up my ratio before I even get to the point where ratio becomes an issue.

The only really rare stuff I have is some Merzbow collections, stuff like that. I sort of imagine that even that isn't too popular.

every year from a little before christmas to new year's day, OiNK has one of those leechfest things where you can download as much as you want without having it recorded against your account, but your uploads DO count.

I was able to upload about 40 gigs in that period of time with my connection (220 kb/s upload) because I downloaded massive multi-gigabyte discographies (back when they allowed discographies) from bands since there was no download recording, and since everyone followed suit, I was able to upload massive amounts of data. I haven't had to worry about my ratio since then, and I still have 22 gigs to play with until I am back at 1.0 :D

but in response to your question, I would upload stuff that isn't already there. read their rules first (VERY important), rip your cd properly (again, VERY important) or upload an album that you already have on your computer (as long as it complies to their standards and is labeled correctly), and write up a good description including tracklist, an album cover and a review if you're feeling generous. then seed the hell out of it.

ive been an oink user for a couple of months, and I use utorrent. somehow, utorrent blocks my uploading, however much i fiddle with the settings. is it because of my firewall? i can easily download, and i have no problems with uploading in other programs. any ideas?

can someone teach me how to use torrents? please? i had an oink membership like 2 years ago but i never figured out how to use torrents so i never got it going, and then i just never bothered

help?

exactly. torrents are fucking confusing.

The best way to increase your ratio is to upload your new and old music. No matter how obscure the band or artist may be, just upload it anyway. After a few snatches by other users, your ratio will increase much more from uploading than just simply seeding.

Also, some albums that are on oink may be taken down after 2 weeks if no one is downloading, you can always take that opportunitiy to re upload it.

I love oink for their advance copies and quality mp3s. If you have troubles, go to the oink chat room. I find most members are very helpful.