OiNK

Servo2000

to get a proper ratio, you need to upload shit. it's not at all about downloading. so rip your soul jazz comp's and your rare interpol cds and you'll have a > 1 ratio

hey poly what kind of rare are you talking about here? acoustic sessions? concert covers? more lossless like precipitate?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

upload your own torrents,

leech something that is currently being seeded for the first time and has tons of leechers ( you often have new torrents with 1 seeder ( the uploader ) and 50+ leechers ) these are good to cash in on some ratio boosting

and lastly and most importantly ALWAYS SEED!

At least when your computer is powered and connected!

Don't stop seeding till the torrent is dead ( deleted from oink ).

I have almost 2.00 ratio with 200G downloaded :eek:

first of all, when i click to download a torrent, it stalls and doesnt load. some one suggested to make it a zip file in the personal profile settings. will this effect audio quality or anything? is ther anything i can do change settings in the firefox browser itself so it doeant do this?

more importantly, when i do get a toorent onto bittorrent, it says: "aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers?."

what the hell? help?

first of all, when i click to download a torrent, it stalls and doesnt load. some one suggested to make it a zip file in the personal profile settings. will this effect audio quality or anything? is ther anything i can do change settings in the firefox browser itself so it doeant do this?

more importantly, when i do get a toorent onto bittorrent, it says: "aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers?."

what the hell? help?

Dont know what you mean with the zip thing.

Just download and save the .torrent file of choice from the tracker site to your pc and open it in your bittorrent client, a good one being Azureus. If there are seeders the download will begin.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

Dont know what you mean with the zip thing.

Just download and save the .torrent file of choice from the tracker site to your pc and open it in your bittorrent client, a good one being Azureus. If there are seeders the download will begin.

http://azureus.sourceforge.net/download.php

i did exactly that, but it came up with a warning stating: "aborting the torrent as it could not connect to the tracker while not connected to any peers?." and it stops the downloading. i dont know what it means.

ill try azureus though.

That's really strange. I've never actually seen that happen....

I wish I could help. If that keeps happening, I would check/search the forums and then contact tech support. You may also want to try different torrent progs.

i fixed it by using that program begs suggested. but now i have the ratio to worry about.

thanks again lav!!!

If you'd like an invite PM me your email, I have around 20.

Prerequisite: you must have some clue about how to torrent.

I love those ratio-enforced torrent sites, I'm a member of an asian movie one where people update DVDs or even multiple DVDs (so all files are 4 + gig) and must say keeping out the leeches and having strict standards about what you can upload and what kind of info you must provide makes all that hard pirating worthwile.

What is Oink anyway, can somebody invite me? i'd love to be a member of a music site where low bitrate uploads are banned.

i wasn't home for 3/4 of leech week but i got about 4 gigs of uploads on the days i was home which i was happy with, and i was already near a 2.0 ratio, so now im at like 2.7 or some shit. basically, just seed everything. my utorrrent right now probably has like .. 40 torrents loaded in it from oink and other private trackers and i leave it up whenever im on my computer. as long as your'e not just downloading stuff thats getting like .. 3 snatches total, you'll be fine.

daaaaaaaaaaamn.

that was fast :P

well, i uploaded an air album from the kindness of my heart. but i couldnt update tracker status fast enough, so they said it was a dud and deleted it. then i tried again, and again they deleted it. but this time it came with a 2 week warning. dont worry lav, i wont let you down.

so, will it still count as an upload under oink if the tracker status says: "connection error"?

because my ratio in azureus is like .45, but in OiNK, its .028.

dddd9us.jpg

I've got some invites too.. PM me. BTW guys if you've downloaded <5gigs you are fine with your ratio.. You won't get booted. Just remember that may need to open the ports on your router/firewall and if you're isp is throttling your torrents get a program like azureus with built in transport encryption. Being connectable with Oink is key to fast uploads. If you are getting connection errors, it's likely that no one can connect to you. There is lots of info in the FAQ and LINKS pages on Oink that will help you.

• 1 month later...