Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

speaking of philosophy

who wants to help me out with my paper on whether or not history has a teleological sense / 'plan' / direction

i've got hegel and fukuyama (sort of) on lock at suggestion but I don't really know what to talk about for many more pages

that's really your topic? seems to be a pretty vague prompt..

that said, you could focus on wartime decisions throughout history (i.e. nagasaki/hiroshima bombings) which are clearly decisions made to satisfy the "greater good" by any means necessary, which is in line with utilitarian/teleological thought.

also s^^^^ bouwnt

Wellllll let's just chalk up my less-than-sunny disposition to drug use. My choices have a lot to do with why I can't talk openly with other people. Not to mention that I'm a quiet dude who feels alienated from the unwashed masses (as I imagine many users here are)

and I was seeing the doctor under the pretense of having an anxiety problem (which I used to have,) but in reality, I've been milking his office for a long-running prescription for benzodiazepines (which I rarely take myself, if you catch my drift)

Damn dude, you engage in a lot of self-defeating behaviours. Don't want to sound too blunt (or cliche) but you need to man up and deal with your shit. Seriously though, go into the belly of the beast, face your fears yadda yadda all of that. Get outta the wild and reclaim the throne like Simba, nawmsayin? Otherwise this kind of stuff will just eat away at you.

that's really your topic? seems to be a pretty vague prompt..

As a graduated history major, I agree. I actually find it fascinating a professor would approve such an appallingly broad topic.

The basic problem with such an topic is that it is wholly unverifiable even within philosophy. With that said the easiest answer is: of course it is because humanity has a basic drive to establish meaning. A person will derive meaning from patriarchy (gov't, family) and personal dissonance against that patriarchy cause by personal experience.

I really can't believe a history prof would approve the topic.

I'm starving. Empty fridge, too late to order.

Shit.

same!! except I had dinner aleady and then wanted something sweet. so I rummaged till I found chocolate covered coffee beans. I pretended it was chocolate covered gummy bears.

will cop tmr, and the chocolate covered coffee beans cos it was good. and I hafta replace the ones I ate :x

soo i was tellin this kid about cherishin her high school years and dont fuck up showin her pics of my past through AIM. and i forgot my friend sent me a pic of her tits which was in the folder where all those pics i sent her are.

oh eff.

your english fucking sucks, i still can't understand what the fuck you were trying to say.