Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

And secondly, left the house to go catch a train. 5 minutes later for some reason I looked down at my arm and the WHOLE of my forearm was covered with baby spiders, literally hundreds of them. I brushed them off, smushing loads of them into my sweatshirt. Must have brushed a bush outside my door...

Fuck spiders.

that made me cringe reading it. I don't care where the hell I would have needed to get to.. if I were you, I would've needed to take a long hot shower after something like that.

Walked to the kitchen for a glass of milk. Heard what sounded like a high-pitched squeak followed by rapid, successive, light tapping on the floor. Looked down real quick to see a small rodent-like figure skirmishing quickly into the kitchen closet.

The same closet is now barricaded with small tables. Now I'm sitting here brainstorming of lethal ways to kill the mouse e.g. smoke bombs, without spoiling the food around it.

that made me cringe reading it. I don't care where the hell I would have needed to get to.. if I were you, I would've needed to take a long hot shower after something like that.

Luckily I just have a strong dislike for spiders, rather than a full blown phobia.

Walked to the kitchen for a glass of milk. Heard what sounded like a high-pitched squeak followed by rapid, successive, light tapping on the floor. Looked down real quick to see a small rodent-like figure skirmishing quickly into the kitchen closet...

when I lived in Brooklyn, I had a rat in my apartment. Not just any rat though - he was like the size of a small attack bear. He routinely ate a part of the wall, which I would fill with foam and steel wool, and then he would eat the wall right next to it. I had nightmares of him eating all the way around the room and then the apartment just falling one floor down, like a game of Qix or something.

One night I heard a sound in my trash can, and came out to find that he had gotten his corpulent body stuck in the plastic bag. Bear in mind this rat was like the Ur-rat, the rat upon whom all other rats were based by a maniacal and sadistic god in the beginning of times. He was huge and malevolent. Int =21, easily 100HP or higher, definitely an elder rat.

I opened the window and chucked him as high into the air as he would go(still partially wrapped in the bag) and watched him splatter on the ground. It was like the end of Die Hard except more gruesome, and he was still covered by the bag on the top half of his body.

The next morning my superintendent ran into me leaving for work and told me that "someone left a bunch of trash on the front stoop and they even left a dead rat in a plastic bag" and I was like "it's those neighborhood kids, man, those punks" and just walked away.

Good luck with your rat, man.

See, the plan was to drink half a bottle of wine last night, get a dece buzz and go to bed. But my friend called and I ended up drinking the bottle before going to the bar, where I drank entirely above what one would call a stupid amount. Table keg to myself included. I don't remember going to the other bar, or how I got home, and now I'm at work trying to piece together bits of last night and wishing I wasn't here.

Cool story I know, but I guess it's a good way to spend a monday night in retrospect.

My 2 worst spider things are first when it was about 4am, sitting in front of my computer in the dark and a spider dropped down on some web, about an inch away from my face - freaked the fuck out. And secondly, left the house to go catch a train. 5 minutes later for some reason I looked down at my arm and the WHOLE of my forearm was covered with baby spiders, literally hundreds of them. I brushed them off, smushing loads of them into my sweatshirt. Must have brushed a bush outside my door...

Fuck spiders.

when we were kids, my sister and i were playing with her cookie monster doll. then, a huge spider crawled out of it's mouth. sufficiently traumatic for me (i loved cookie monster)