Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

I was creeping jane's facebook when I saw her comment on a photo of this girl with a last name similar to Risotto's so I clicked on her and she lives in the same city as Risotto and it turns out they are cousins. Weird stuff!

u smash???

So there is this girl I started talking to online because of an online class. She knew me from going to see classical guitar recitals and was a fan of my playing. Facebook stalking revealed she is hot, but really Christian (listens to Christian rock, for example). She is now in a real class of mine, and we are going to see each other in person today. Wanting to spit game, if you will, but not sure about this one... Man the internet is a weird place.

So there is this girl I started talking to online because of an online class. She knew me from going to see classical guitar recitals and was a fan of my playing. Facebook stalking revealed she is hot, but really Christian (listens to Christian rock, for example). She is now in a real class of mine, and we are going to see each other in person today. Wanting to spit game, if you will, but not sure about this one... Man the internet is a weird place.

Had a huge crush on a super-Christian girl once. In the tenth grade, she asked me whether I would go with her if she asked me to go somewhere with her. "Is she asking me out on a date?" I wondered. I asked her where.

"A comedy show," she said.

"Yeah," I said. "I'll go."

The "comedian" in question turned out to be a traveling evangelist, and the "comedy show" was a sermon at Lakewood Church, the largest megachurch in the United States. During his sermon, the evangelist said that when he hit rock bottom, God physically took him up to heaven. He described it in rather trite details (beauty, light from all directions, an absence of shadows) and one surprising one ("not very many Asians in heaven--Asian children, but not very many Asian adults"). I gripped my seat in anger, my knuckles turning white, but later on when everyone in the audience had to go up to the stage and pray, I found myself immersed in a strange group consciousness, surrounded by people begging for forgiveness and wishing to be better people. A little unsettling.

That Christmas, she gave me a present: a pamphlet entitled "A Letter to a Friend." It began, "Dear ________," (she didn't bother to write my name on the blank) and it went on to describe a world in which millions of people just vanished from the face of the earth without a trace. Cars speeding down the road suddenly without drivers, etc. Apparently, the Rapture had happened, and all of us unsaved ones were left on earth wondering what the hell we're supposed to do. But on the last page, there was a twist ending; it said that God instructed her to give me the letter early so that I can change my ways and be one of the ones that disappear when the Rapture happens as opposed to one of the ones who are left on stupid earth fighting off hyenas and eating food out of trash cans. On the back cover there was a sticker indicating that the pamphlet cost four dollars.

She ended up developing back problems and we drifted apart. I moved to Austin after high school and I never saw her again. Last I heard, she was attending community college when God told her to drop out of school and start a family. So she did. At age 23, a former classmate told me, she had four children. Too bad she wasn't there at our high-school reunion; as is typical of these things (at least where I come from), one of the awards given was "Most Children." The lucky woman who won had four. I'm sure my old crush would have had that woman beaten hands down. It wouldn't have been close.

You want to make sure you know how old she is before you start thinking of these kinds of things...

hahah

your mind is in the gutter Duck! I was actually going to do something with a ragdoll physics game I found and wanted to make a sorta AMV without the anime...

i read all this shit i

now want someone else to!

Had a huge crush on a super-Christian girl once. In the tenth grade, she asked me whether I would go with her if she asked me to go somewhere with her. "Is she asking me out on a date?" I wondered. I asked her where.

"A comedy show," she said.

"Yeah," I said. "I'll go."

The "comedian" in question turned out to be a traveling evangelist, and the "comedy show" was a sermon at Lakewood Church, the largest megachurch in the United States. During his sermon, the evangelist said that when he hit rock bottom, God physically took him up to heaven. He described it in rather trite details (beauty, light from all directions, an absence of shadows) and one surprising one ("not very many Asians in heaven--Asian children, but not very many Asian adults"). I gripped my seat in anger, my knuckles turning white, but later on when everyone in the audience had to go up to the stage and pray, I found myself immersed in a strange group consciousness, surrounded by people begging for forgiveness and wishing to be better people. A little unsettling.

That Christmas, she gave me a present: a pamphlet entitled "A Letter to a Friend." It began, "Dear ________," (she didn't bother to write my name on the blank) and it went on to describe a world in which millions of people just vanished from the face of the earth without a trace. Cars speeding down the road suddenly without drivers, etc. Apparently, the Rapture had happened, and all of us unsaved ones were left on earth wondering what the hell we're supposed to do. But on the last page, there was a twist ending; it said that God instructed her to give me the letter early so that I can change my ways and be one of the ones that disappear when the Rapture happens as opposed to one of the ones who are left on stupid earth fighting off hyenas and eating food out of trash cans. On the back cover there was a sticker indicating that the pamphlet cost four dollars.

She ended up developing back problems and we drifted apart. I moved to Austin after high school and I never saw her again. Last I heard, she was attending community college when God told her to drop out of school and start a family. So she did. At age 23, a former classmate told me, she had four children. Too bad she wasn't there at our high-school reunion; as is typical of these things (at least where I come from), one of the awards given was "Most Children." The lucky woman who won had four. I'm sure my old crush would have had that woman beaten hands down. It wouldn't have been close.