Random Thoughts...

fade to black2

Look, if Abercrombie has those things, it's entirely your fault that you still like them. That means they've been played for what - 5 years now?

seriously. i wish that trend wasn't beaten to death though, i kind of liked it. and then faux-hipster kids were calling me a hipster and then i knew something wasn't right.

i take it you write editorial?

you could take something out of current events... have you any strong opinions on olympic torch protests, gen. petraeus' latest iraq strategy, smoking bans, web 2.0 (a perennial favorite), obama/hillary, "carbon footprints", the illusion of efficiency in corn ethanol feul, marijuana legality, maureen dowd, the large hadron collider, bear sterns/"shadow bank"?

its like

student editorial

meanign we can write about anything, but this isn't the NY times, so its gotta somehow relate to ourselves, the town, or high school in some bs way. so far i've done:

-pop. cultural significance of harry potter and the generation that grew up with him (this was around the time of publication of the last in the series)

-cultural and economic significance of radiohead's decision to release In Rainbows via the internet and effectively rewriting the form of distribution and how this relates to the walls of the information age

-a discussion on the writer's strike and how without the influx of writing, hollywood turns to the notion of "reselling" a past idea i.e. re-doing older movies, or rehashing old ideas for profit margin rather than cinemagraphic value. sorta the "has hollywood run out of ideas" kinda statement

-(note: here is where i started to run out of good ideas and with it, the quality of the writing) (also, this piece was late and never published) reviews of books i had read recently as recommendations for holiday buys

-here was my obligatory "youth vote!" article, discussing why now in this presidential election, it is more important than ever to get out and vote (i had turned 18 just a couple months prior)

-the last article was about whether reality tv offers a form of escapism in the information age and how it really has no tangible value and dumbs society

so now i'm at a crossroads - write about how cartoons have sorta been the one constant in my life, which is sort of trite and uninspired, or write about the social and political ramifications of israel turning 60, and how that relates to the odd fact that there is the israeli equivalent of bruce springsteen playing a concert in my mainly non-jewish town.

ps. i started writing this around 9:50

i got sidetracked. sorry for the slow response.

definitely go for the latter

i imagined i would

its this one and then one more after that and im done.

last ones gonna be a general tirade on the last 10 years of my life in this town and how i may firebomb the homes of every child that i ever went to school with that combined the words "jew" and "bagel" in an effort to insult me.

that happened to me with one of my applications, but luckily i had time to send it again.

write an angry letter, but knowing your luck, they'll lose that too.

i got accepted to a med school off a waitlist- but i never got a letter.

i just got a card saying that i gave up my spot since i didn't reply to their letter. wtf.

i got accepted to a med school off a waitlist- but i never got a letter.

i just got a card saying that i gave up my spot since i didn't reply to their letter. wtf.

motherfuckers will pay one day. motherfuckers will pay.

thank god i live in a city that has never heard of vibskov or else i'd have to choke the life out of all the people in those "piggy scarves"

So, after spending the last hour tapering a pair of chinos by hand so I know what I want the tailor to do I'm done.

I'm going to like these quite a lot I think.

Reading shit like this makes me want to take a basic sewing class more and more.