Lost in Translation

Aeros

Watched Lost in Translation for the second time last night. The first time that I saw it I didn't really care for it too much, but now after having travelled to Japan and experiencing Tokyo firsrt hand I must say that this movie is excellent. The acting is spectacular, more so than I remembered it to be. Also there are many laugh out loud moments that for some reason I didn't laugh at the first time I saw the film. Overall it is an excellent film and I highly recommend it to each and everyone of you.

PS. When I watched it this time I noticed that Hiroshi Fujiwara makes a suprise cameo in the film. He is in the scene where Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson get chased by the bar tender with the airsoft gun. Scarlett actually sits down next to him before the bartender starts shooting at them.

Also in many scenes I noticed that Bill Murray is wearing a pair of rainbow HTM air woovens. HF must have hooked up Mr. Murray with the kicks.

Watched Lost in Translation for the second time last night. The first time that I saw it I didn't really care for it too much, but now after having travelled to Japan and experiencing Tokyo firsrt hand I must say that this movie is excellent. The acting is spectacular, more so than I remembered it to be. Also there are many laugh out loud moments that for some reason I didn't laugh at the first time I saw the film. Overall it is an excellent film and I highly recommend it to each and everyone of you.

PS. When I watched it this time I noticed that Hiroshi Fujiwara makes a suprise cameo in the film. He is in the scene where Bill Murray and Scarlett Johanson get chased by the bar tender with the airsoft gun. Scarlett actually sits down next to him before the bartender starts shooting at them.

Also in many scenes I noticed that Bill Murray is wearing a pair of rainbow HTM air woovens. HF must have hooked up Mr. Murray with the kicks.

You only just realised all this? I think it was probably more Sophie Coppola`s tokyo hipster connections that got HF involved.

if i recall correctly, there was already a fucking thread for this.

yes... there's an interesting article about Hysteric Glamour in this issue of nylon for me (can read for free if you register on their website) and the dude talks about going out with Sofia Coppola and where many of the ideas in the movie came from, good read.

about the movie, it's a really good movie, but i had to whole mysticism that so many western filmmakers associate with japan, it somewhat ruins the movie a bit for me...