THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Not that anyone cares, but ended up getting

Uniqlo regular fit black selvage - at $60 on sale, a killer deal. They have a million pairs, so anyone in NYC should definitely check it out.

PRPS new fit raw selvage - also a deal on sale at Atrium. Some were on sale. Some weren't.

Now, if I just hadn't seen those Eternals at BiG. Is it possible to buy too many pairs of jeans?

-- Thing

anyone know where if i can get these online? fuck i want some inexpensive raw blacks.

Eternal 872

Eternal 811

Sam's 110 (Jin)

Which one of the three? Denimwise? Fitwise? bang-for-buck?

Thanks in advance.

Bang for buck - Eternal.811..great

But you should take a look at the Jin's....damn, nice denim...but it's more like big bang for big bucks...

Samurai S0510XX Limited Edition Texas cotton or Pure Blue Japan XX-003?

Depends on the denim you prefer.

The PBJ XX-003 denim is slubby, and fun, but very soft. Lots of bumps and irregularities, but still very comfortable, and makes you fondle yourself.

The Samurai S0510XX Texas Cotton has lots of warp knots, is hard, feels pretty sand-papery, falls a bit oddly, and is insanely addictive.

You win either way, what do you prefer?

Voted Rocker.

KMW is really really nice denim and the rocker is a brilliant fit. Only real downside is the coin-pocket selvage and, for some people, the slow-fading natural indigo.

Duke's are pretty nice but the rise is a bit too high for alot of people and the backpocket stitching is gaudy as hell.

Slim Jim's just aren't even in the same tier as the other options.

Eternal 811's are pretty fucking nice jeans, I'd put them second.

And 19cm's of course are just about the best fitting jean around, and the only one I'd recommend over KMW for fit but their denim won't compare to KMW or Eternal.

Voted Rocker.

KMW is really really nice denim and the rocker is a brilliant fit. Only real downside is the coin-pocket selvage and, for some people, the slow-fading natural indigo.

Duke's are pretty nice but the rise is a bit too high for alot of people and the backpocket stitching is gaudy as hell.

Slim Jim's just aren't even in the same tier as the other options.

Eternal 811's are pretty fucking nice jeans, I'd put them second.

And 19cm's of course are just about the best fitting jean around, and the only one I'd recommend over KMW for fit but their denim won't compare to KMW or Eternal.

So what are the main differences between the KMW Rocker's and the Eternal 811's?

hi guys,

im deciding between the nudie straight svens, regular ralfs, and slim jims.

i currently have a pair of 501 stfs and apc new standards; the ns are a bit too tight and slim in general, the 501's are a bit too wide and big.

i prefer to not have a boot cut... looking for something a bit slimmer than straight.

which one should i get?

hi guys,

im deciding between the nudie straight svens, regular ralfs, and slim jims.

i currently have a pair of 501 stfs and apc new standards; the ns are a bit too tight and slim in general, the 501's are a bit too wide and big.

i prefer to not have a boot cut... looking for something a bit slimmer than straight.

which one should i get?

If you don't like either, why aren't you considering other jeans?

i havent had enough experience with denim to try out something like samurai or eternal, so sticking with nudie for now.

I'm confused.

You gave us a choice between 501s that are too baggy and APCs that are too tight. Now you say Nudie only?

Besides, they're all jeans. You put them on and wear them until they smell bad, then wash them. There's no massive experience needed to wear a given brand of jean.

^^^ between those two, I would say the Sams because I'm not a fan of the streaky 872 denim.

However, I would also suggest the Eternal 874, which is a fuller-cut jean using the 811 denim:

http://72.14.203.104/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-874/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbears%2Brakuten%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DXY5%26sa%3DG

I have a pair on the way myself.

I'm confused.

You gave us a choice between 501s that are too baggy and APCs that are too tight. Now you say Nudie only?

Besides, they're all jeans. You put them on and wear them until they smell bad, then wash them. There's no massive experience needed to wear a given brand of jean.

No, he currently owns the 501's and the APCs. He wants to know which Nudies would be better than either of those (in a manner of speaking).

My two cents: check out the PRPS new fit raw selvage. Can't comment on Nudie cause I don't have 'em and probably never will cause the back pocket stitching is not to my taste.

-- Thing