what are you watching today?

red

Taking a Bollywood cinema course as I am a transfer student and I need art credits. So far we have watched:

AY0eIbW.jpg

YnGksnK.jpg

l1i9aQw.jpg

We're watching them in chronological order and the professor is publishing a book on the subject so the class has been interesting for me so far.

Also went and saw Trance this evening. Some exceptionally clever shots in that movie for sure, and I thought all the actors fit their part superbly. Movies, for me, are the ultimate way to tell stories concerning perception of reality.

Anyone here know about The Criteron Collection on here? Just signed up on Hulu Plus(They have most of the collection on there). I've watched a few movie's from the list but it can be tough to choose. Open for suggestions. So far I've watched Revanche, La Haine, and others, I can't remember right now(mostly french).

More Bollywood movies!

7DMzyMd.jpg

This has been my favorite by far of the movies we've watched. Salaam Bombay examines the life of the desperately poor in India in a refreshingly self-aware manner. Stereotypical Bollywood style films appear on dirty televisions, and it mocks its audience members' fear of those who are poor and their disgust that they could enjoy the same entertainment. This is not an uplifting film, but I think it is well worth a watch. Its available in full on Youtube with subtitles if anyone is interested.

dbXPOyG.jpg

This movie is fun. Music and dance numbers have both been great, and I've been learning a bit more about cricket. British imperialists are comically stereotypical but appropriately awful.

Edited by Northwest