what are you watching today?

red

220px-ZeroDarkThirty2012Poster.jpg

watched a lot of shitty moves lately ... safe was sick though

i dont get why hollywood is so hype on bigelow. she writes the same cliche protagonist in every crappy movie she makes, made jessica chastain look straight up corny.

the character development was the most cliched part about it. and i dont fault chastain for it, i think shes more than capable of a nuanced role, that just isnt part of the heavy handed package of this film. put it this way, towards the end when she starts in on that whole yell-iloquy talmbout "YOULL DO IT OR ILL HAVE YOUR BUTT IN A SLING SO FAST YOULL BE CLEANING TAMPONS FROM THE FOODCOURT AT A DC MALL" or whatever she says to her boss, thats when i about had it. such a waste of talent, and such a bore to watch develop. compound that with hollywood wetting itself over bigelows shit, i just dont get it.

totally understandable why some people might feel that way. my gripe character-wise was how the character relationships evolved, i didn't buy how chastain and the other chick suddenly become Bffs, basically no depth to that at all. other than that i thought it was more than sufficient for what i was expecting to be another generic political/military thriller

right? and dont tell me you didnt see her bff's death coming like a mile away. id feel bad for ruining that part of the film, but then again, this isnt actually a recommendation to go and see it.

i think the best part of the movie is like the first 10-15 minutes with jason clarke. it started out really good, and as soon as dude exits, it goes straight downhill.

right? and dont tell me you didnt see her bff's death coming like a mile away. id feel bad for ruining that part of the film, but then again, this isnt actually a recommendation to go and see it.

ummmm....have you not read a newspaper in the past few years? Hollywood dramatization aside, all that shit happened.

did you see the movie? its precisely the hollywood dramatization of that sequence that i take issue with. whatever truths might be included is weighed down by the heavy hand of a crappy director. all the sudden theyre like sexting each other about bday cakes and giddy girl talk laced anticipation all up in each others asses to drive some sort of point home that theres a heavy emotional loss coming and girl is gon be hardened by it. this has nothing to do with whatever newspaper reports are archived, its about the way in which someone went making a movie about those reports.

did you see the movie? its precisely the hollywood dramatization of that sequence that i take issue with. whatever truths might be included is weighed down by the heavy hand of a crappy director. all the sudden theyre like sexting each other about bday cakes and giddy girl talk laced anticipation all up in each others asses to drive some sort of point home that theres a heavy emotional loss coming and girl is gon be hardened by it. this has nothing to do with whatever newspaper reports are archived, its about the way in which someone went making a movie about those reports.

Well, pretty sure I said 'Hollywood dramatization aside' and was taking issue with the fact that you disliked the foreshadowing / spoilers. I saw the movie. Guess what, I knew how it was going to end too!

aren't those all issues with the screenplay

sure, the person who wrote it wasnt helping at all. but think of the screenplay as a piece of music like a symphony or something. its up to the conductor or the dude covering that piece of music to interpret it, and i just think bigelow did a poor job with the sheet music and the lead guitar.

Valhalla_rising_poster_dk.jpg

had no idea what this was. heard good things from a friend but still knew not what i was getting into

i have the flu so watched it alone in bed. kinda blew me away.

i think the main fault of the film is on the delivery of lines ... possible blame on the writing.

Which leads me to:

SenqjK6.jpg

never seen. thought it was also surprisingly good. need more gadgets though. stimpaks and defibrillators are not gardgetssss

Hwdcbsl.jpg

witty titles be damned it was a pretty good movie :(

i'm glad gritty realism is finally accepted in mainstream blockbuster fuckin movies

Wn8xOdA.jpg?1

really awful. i think the only reason people watch this is for the 30 seconds of bondage

Edited by diamonds

What is with the praise for Argo? The film is solidly done and works as a slightly unspectacular espionage-thriller, but it's basically on a cowboys-besieged-by-Indians-trip like Blackhawk Down or something. Also, in it's celebration of the rescue mission, it somehow fails to even mention the historically way more important failed military intervention?