what are you watching today?

red

^Classic. Hitchcock was one of the true geniuses of cinema. I'm slooooowly getting around to watching his entire discography. Some of the early British films are horribly grainy :(

This, one the other hand, was horrible... More so than I even anticipated.

doghousexlg.jpg

^Classic. Hitchcock was one of the true geniuses of cinema. I'm slooooowly getting around to watching his entire discography. Some of the early British films are horribly grainy :(

For sure, he was the master of suspense, and of putting normal people in "criminal" situations and moral dilemmas. Just when you think you've got "the next kill" figured out after the suspense builds, he expertly throws you off his scent. And by and large his main characters can't go to the police for help in the traditional sense lest they implicate themselves as well. My favorite films of Hitchcock's are Psycho, Vertigo, Strangers on a Train, Shadow of a Doubt, Rear Window, and Dial M for Murder. Notorious is decent. I found some of his earlier work like The Lady Vanishes and The 39 Steps to be pretty cheesy though.