what are you watching today?

red

Yeah def worth seeing, its a 3 part collaboration between the directors. Each short is a different story and each go about the horror genre in a different way. Miike's short is "Box" which is the more abstract horror with fantastic cinematography.

Currently watching the third season of what is purportedly Obama's favourite TV show;

thewireme3.jpg

Easily the greatest cop-drama ever made (if you can even call it a police drama). So balanced and complex. Completely subverts the typical "Crimescene: Scene of the Crime" us vs them cop show bullshit.

I remember watching one episode of THE WIRE and just thinking I have to watch the rest.

Just watched Curious Case of Benjamin Button

kinda frustrating film...some moments were well done, overall it was a bit uneven and way too fucking heavy for my system to digest at the moment.

lol @ Brad Pitt's swagger when he first starts appearing as "himself"...watching him swagger around Paris in that black suit/camel overcoat shit...man...i used to hear girls talk about how they love guys who are "hot but are unaware of it." Definitely not the case with Brad Pitt circa now, i am a fan but dude was clearly relishing in his limited screen time being able to look like Brad Pitt.

I loved the Wrestler, prob. my favorite 08 film.

Recently saw Tropic Thunder, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Gran Torino...

Tropic Thunder imo was horrible, I didn't find it too funny and for some reason it felt like I was watching some kind of horrible skit.

Gran Torino was amazing, I loved it.

Benjamin Button was also really good, and to Julian... I can see how it was uneven at points.