Digital SLRs?

nairb49

I have a Canon XH-A1. It shoots beautifully and is an amazing camcorder. The only problem is that it is quite large, not something I can carry around with me everyday. I might want to trade it in for a 5D or a 7D. Does anyone have a Canon 5D or 7D? I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks

Hey Lauren. I would go for the 7D. I heard the autofocus sucks on the 5D. They are total different cameras though. Crop or Full Frame.

Hey Lauren. I would go for the 7D. I heard the autofocus sucks on the 5D. They are total different cameras though. Crop or Full Frame.

Thank you!! I will definitely look more into it. I'm surprised the autofocus isn't good on the 5D since the camera costs a ridiculous amount. That really blows. Do you use a 7d?

Thank you!! I will definitely look more into it. I'm surprised the autofocus isn't good on the 5D since the camera costs a ridiculous amount. That really blows. Do you use a 7d?

Nope. I have a 60D though. Awesome to do video with. The 7D is amazingly good with pretty decent autofocus. If you have the $, I would get the 5dMk2.

if anyone is interested in purchasing a nikon d80 (~4289 shutter releases) & nikkor af-s 35mm f/1.8 dx lens and a bunch of extras, holleur at me. everything is in excellent condition and well-cared for. i'm looking to sell this and get a compact point-and-shoot since i barely ever use it these days.

Want to get back to taking photos. Freshman year I was really into it and it was my main hobby. I had a 20d and some other stuff.

I haven't done much lately, just doing sports for my schools yearbook. I want to get a new body now that I have a job. What would be a newer camera that would be a good upgrade from my 20d? Just doing a lot of portraits, landscape, and random shots.

Don't want to spend a ton, so what are some of the best mid range canon bodies? t2i?

would you say the video on the 60d is better than the 7d?

Hmm. I don't know. I would say the 7D is better. It's a $500-$600 price difference. I would get the 60D and use the leftovers on a nice piece of glass. Unlike the 7D, the 60D has the useful flip screen and audio level control, which is useful for video recording. But, the 7D handles the ISO and graininess better.

Want to get back to taking photos. Freshman year I was really into it and it was my main hobby. I had a 20d and some other stuff.

I haven't done much lately, just doing sports for my schools yearbook. I want to get a new body now that I have a job. What would be a newer camera that would be a good upgrade from my 20d? Just doing a lot of portraits, landscape, and random shots.

Don't want to spend a ton, so what are some of the best mid range canon bodies? t2i?

I'd buy either an XSi or a T1i and pocket the savings for some glass. Having the ability to effectively take shots in the situations described (sports photography, landscapes, portraits) will require either multiple lenses or something a wide length like the 18-200. Glass is better at retaining value than a body, so it's also the better route if you feel like selling later down the road.

Hmm. I don't know. I would say the 7D is better. It's a $500-$600 price difference. I would get the 60D and use the leftovers on a nice piece of glass. Unlike the 7D, the 60D has the useful flip screen and audio level control, which is useful for video recording. But, the 7D handles the ISO and graininess better.

Doesnt the 60D and the 7D use the same sensor?

got a 85 1.8 for sale too if anyones interested. good for basketball shots

shameless plug over

i've heard nothing but good things about this lens. i would consider if i didn't already have the 50mm 1.2. next lens i want to get is the 70-200mm 2.8L IS but that m*th^f*ck@ is too damn expensive right now! Canon/Japan needs to bring back those rebates. let me know if you know someone who trying to sell that one.

now broke

IMAG0002.jpg

i had this lens. it was cool and i liked the range but man was it heavy as hell! sorry to hear that it's broke. do you have insurance? i always wonder what would happen if one of my lenses broke and how you go about fixing (if you didn't have insurance). experience anyone???

i've heard nothing but good things about this lens. i would consider if i didn't already have the 50mm 1.2. next lens i want to get is the 70-200mm 2.8L IS but that m*th^f*ck@ is too damn expensive right now! Canon/Japan needs to bring back those rebates. let me know if you know someone who trying to sell that one.

im actually selling it because i picked up a sigma 70-200 2.8. like you i want the canon but for the price the sigma should be good enough for what im going to use it for. just wish it had IS/OS. didnt really want to spend an extra 600 for the sigma OS version or 900+more for the canon version

i had this lens. it was cool and i liked the range but man was it heavy as hell! sorry to hear that it's broke. do you have insurance? i always wonder what would happen if one of my lenses broke and how you go about fixing (if you didn't have insurance). experience anyone???

no, im now broke. the lens is fine

the lens is heavy as a mofo. prob why its nicknamed "the brick"

I dropped my camera(50D at the time) from about 2 feet with the 24-70 attached. It feel backwards onto the back of the body. The weight of the lens pulled the mount clean off of the lens ( screws came right out of their holes). Cost was about 300$ CAD for parts+labour, they also checked the alignment of the elements etc. Of course it depends on what is broken, but I think that's pretty much what you're looking at unless an element is broken/cracked...