Digital SLRs?

nairb49

I dont know if I'm posting in the right thread. But whatever.

I will be going on a trip to Korea and I'm indecisive as fuck between: a S95 as a backup camera. a nice point and shoot that produces decent quality photos.

Or a wide-angle lens: Sigma 10-20 for tourist shots.

They are the same price range for me and between those two, what would you guys choose. Help me over here.

thanks for the input guys!

owning the d5000 atm with the standard 18-55mm lense...wanna upgrade on some new lenses and maybe a new cam as well...

if you stick to the crop frame body, consider getting a 17-55 f2.8g. Nice fast aperture for any cropped body choice.

if you stick to the crop frame body, consider getting a 17-55 f2.8g. Nice fast aperture for any cropped body choice.

im actually looking at this lens right now. its either this or maybe the 24-70 2.8L and selling all of my prime lenses.

for me im not sure if the 17-55 2.8 is worth 10x the price of the 18-55 kit lens

What's a good place to sell/find out prices for used DSLRs? I have a Nikon D60 with 3 lenses and case that I need to get rid of.

just type nikon d60 on craigslist and see what the going rates are.

You'll probably get 200-300 for it the camera with the kit lens.

What other lenses do you have?

D60 body and Nikon strap

Sigma DC 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 ($50)

Nikon Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 D AF (120)

Nikon DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ($100-180)

prices on the lenses are quick grabs from ebay.

Carrying case, charger, lens covers, remote, tripod base, other random stuff.

I'm thinking about selling it with the sigma lens and part the other two nikon lenses. Should I just sell on ebay or go through a forum or B&H?

I know nothing about cameras or photography and want to get my first good camera. It's mostly going to be used casually walking around the city, and great hd video is a must. my brother suggested the Canon T2i or T3i. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

t2i is a great starting camera and you can get it cheaper now that the t3i is out.

D60 body and Nikon strap

Sigma DC 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 ($50)

Nikon Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 D AF (120)

Nikon DX 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ($100-180)

prices on the lenses are quick grabs from ebay.

Carrying case, charger, lens covers, remote, tripod base, other random stuff.

I'm thinking about selling it with the sigma lens and part the other two nikon lenses. Should I just sell on ebay or go through a forum or B&H?

I guess it depends on where you live, I wouldn't go through the trouble of shipping or dealing with paypal for any of that stuff. I feel like you could sell it pretty quickly locally on craigslist. I started with a similar set up and sold it pretty fast without having to go the ebay route.

You can try nikon cafe but its really hard to sell entry level gear on enthusiast sites. How does that sigma perform? Is it better then the kit lens?

Hi guys. I have some camera gear for sale. I'd definitely give a good superfuture deal.

Nikon D300

Nikkor 18-200 VR

Nikkor 50mm 1.4 D

Nikon SB-800 flash

Getting an X100?

I sold a bunch of my gear to get one but Im still keeping my d300s, sigma 30mm and fish eye.

Getting an X100?

I sold a bunch of my gear to get one but Im still keeping my d300s, sigma 30mm and fish eye.

Yeah, I think so. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough for the X100 and then some to help my dad put together a starter DSLR kit. I would keep the D300, but it's just too much for me or him. I'm not a photographer.

i'm looking for a small back pack that can fit a body, 2 lenses and a flash that isn't the usual brands. i would like something that looks like a jansport classic back pack with waterproofing and preferably no logo plastered everywhere. anyone got recommendations?

might be a bit too pricy for me atm...and i also wanna go more thowards some new lenses with other mm-range!...

wanna get a wide-angle lense and one up to 200mm...

got some more opinions bout these?

with what kinda lenses are you guys shooting?

Yeah, I think so. Hopefully I'll be able to get enough for the X100 and then some to help my dad put together a starter DSLR kit. I would keep the D300, but it's just too much for me or him. I'm not a photographer.

You could get enough from the 50, sb800, and 18-200 to cop the x100.

Id keep the d300 as a back up and maybe get a cheap lens like the 35 1.8 or maybe sigma 30mm.

Hopefully going to pick my x100 tommorow morning. So excited but also pissed because I'm paying a premium for it. I have it pre ordered somewhere else but It looks like I wont be getting it any time soon.

anyone here tried the tamron 17-50 2.8 non VC? I'm considering buying one for 378

One of the best, if not THE best bang-for-your-buck lenses, imo. Decent wide, short-mid range focal length, really quality optics/sharp pics, and you get 2.8 thru the entire range.

That being said, $350-375 is about the average going price nowadays for one. It's a decently common lens, so if you're patient, you can find them on most of the bigger camera forums for even cheaper.

Hopefully going to pick my x100 tommorow morning. So excited but also pissed because I'm paying a premium for it. I have it pre ordered somewhere else but It looks like I wont be getting it any time soon.

post some shots in the photography thread as soon as you cop!

they're all over camera stores in Mong Kok now...asked about one it is close to 12 G's (Hong Kong currency). Saw a guy on my street walking out with one around his neck today. It really is the most beautiful digital camera I have seen in a while, honestly I'd probably rather shoot an X100 over an M9, Leica for film only (where did that guy nostalgic go)!