Digital SLRs?

nairb49

damn that lexdray bag looks sexy, anyone know a solution similar to that for half the price or a bit more?

Im looking for a backpack that will hold my D90 and MBP for my trip to asia. Want it so i can use it as a carry on to the plane, but also as a bag I can use during day trips... I took a look at the lowepro fastpack 250, but i didnt like how chunky it was when i was wearing it + the fact it looks like SHIT.

any suggestions?

thinking of buying a 5d2. anyone want to comment on the banding and focusing issues? with the 5dclassic, do you guys have second thoughts when using upto 6400iso? i shoot raw only.

might wait on that. It will go down in price in the next couple of months as it's speculated that canon is replacing it with a newer entry level full frame.

might wait on that. It will go down in price in the next couple of months as it's speculated that canon is replacing it with a newer entry level full frame.

too late, already made the order. ah well, if the new one fits my needs better then i'll just cop the lost and replace it with that.

have any specs been leaked? ultimately i would love to have full frame in the size of the xxxD bodies.

do you have friends who use either brand? Out of those two I would suggest the 550d, because the nikon body doesnt have an internal motor, making glass that dont have an autofocus mechanism manual.

If you are doing any video I would take the canon too.

cheers eversuns and music..

so there's no upside for owning the Nikon?

i just read a few reviews of the nikon being the "best" entry level dslr out there at the moment, and need your advice to justify that claim.

The thing you might want to consider with nikon is there are over a hundred different lenses that are compatible with a nikon dslr but canon changed their mount format or something like that in the 80's so only lenses that are "ef" are compatible, any lenses that came before "ef" does not work on new canon dslr's

cheers to you as well bjornlg.

While the guide mode may be useful early on, I would strongly suggest learning how to use the manual modes on the dslr you decide on purchasing (aperture priority, shutter priority and manual mode). By using these modes, you will not only have complete control over your camera but it will be the best way for you to learn the art.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is the wrong thread but I'm looking for advice for my first dslr. Trying to stay under 1000 and need something to just take pics. Nothing fancy. Looking at the d5000 d3100 and rebel t2i. Anything else I should consider recommendations between the 3

or like -Z- recommended maybe a D90 or 50D