what non-denim things do you collect?

Pics of my buckle collection. Maybe more of an accumulation than a collection...

band related:

music.jpg

top to bottom: Frampton, Foghat (!), Marley, yes, Grateful Dead, Beatles (Yellow Submarine)

beverage related:

bev.jpg

top to bottom: Coke, Coke, Miller Lite, Hires Root Beer, Coke, Pepsi

unrelated:

misc.jpg

top to bottom: Lee, ZigZag rolling paper, right to bear arms

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NICE buckles!

I've got an old PBR buckle (among many others) that is the pride of my collection.

I totally forgot how many buckles I've got. Guess that counts as a collection too, huh? I'll try to get a pic up today.

NICE buckles!

I've got an old PBR buckle (among many others) that is the pride of my collection.

I totally forgot how many buckles I've got. Guess that counts as a collection too, huh? I'll try to get a pic up today.

I have a "sort-of" collection of buckles too. It used to be more pewter (Siskiyou!) buckles, but it has turned into brass interest. Still looking for one of my name. Anyways, I currently have one that says JAZZ in all caps and italicized and one that says Golf (I drive one.) The pride of my collection is one that has a removable ninja star.. Revenge of the Ninja anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
i wish naoto would post up his collection of buddy lee dolls eerie!

Hi there! I've got to check this site regularly in case someone's calling me.....

buddylees.jpg

From left - engineer type, Philip 66 (gas stand in the US?) type and cowboy type.

Other Japanese replicas are not displayed at the moment due to the renovation work in my house.;)

Just read this thread and the wine rack is pretty nice. Collecting wine and having killer wine racks to store them in is something i've always wanted to do. That and also cigars.

I use to collect bball and magic cards. If only they are worth as much as what they used to be. I want to sell them, but they are worth jack shit and i can't really sell them off for cheap considering the amount of time, blood and sweat i used to get a hold of some of the cards.

I used to collect anything old and or limited edition (preferably signed since he's a recluse) from Shirow Masamune. Still have a bunch of really rare stuff that I hope to sell and make money on.

I'm trying to collect mechanical watches now but only have 2 at the moment. Champagne tastes on a beer budget sucks...

OK, here's other stuff I collect:

Trainers (that is, sneakers) mostly adidas, with a few New Balance models here and there.

Books by and about Jack Kerouac. I have several copies of each of his novels, including a UK 1st edition (with dust wrapper) of The Town And The City (with the John Kerouac byline) and a UK 1st of On The Road (with the dust wrapper designed by Len Deighton). Loads of other rarities. If I even see a ratty paperback with a cover design I don't have, I'll buy it.

Spaghetti westerns. Man alive, I've got hundreds of these in all formats (DVD, VHS, LD), my absolute favourite being the bleak, snowbound The Great Silence, by the dark poet of the genre, Sergio Corbucci.

Jazz albums - Pharoah Sanders, Coltrane, Gary Bartz, etc, etc.

i figure denimheads are collectors by nature, so what else do you collect?

i will go first:

- the 60's Doom Patrol comics (only)

- records (i don't think of it as collecting, but i've amassed many many)

- books (i didn't realize i was collecting until i already had the collection)

- concert ticket stubs (ones i've attended only)

- coins (not really)

- movies (on dvd, vhs)

i am hoping someone has some strange collections...

I didn't plan on collecting guitars...it is just too hard for me to part with them. I have a bunch of strats, and some acoustics (my favorite of which is a 68 Gibson hummingbird) but I have a couple of Martin's as well. I also have a sneaker obsession, mostly nike dunk lows, some sb's and air max's and a new pair of visvim's I got off ebay. They are so nice I am dying to wear them, unfortunately I'll have to wait until the snow is gone.

that was my collection like 4 years ago i have like at least 3 times more now

ill post more pictures later

btw im a music columnist if youre wondering

i write on jazz, esp. avant-garde jazz

i used to write on 90's golden era hiphop but now its virtually nonexistant so =[

jesus christ, you're my hero. Except, are those CDs? How about this, I steal your identity, and throw away your CDs in favor of my records, and you can live as a hermit in the woods. Sound good?

YES

i5tioneyes- NICE AUDIO GEAR! I've only got one McIntosh unit, and it's an old solid state integrated amp, an MA-6100. My only tube piece is maybe 10 years old. I've also got 4 or 5 pairs of OLD KLH speakers- the good stuff. I need to hook my tube unit up tonight... You a drummer, too?

HOLY SHIT! i5tioneyes That is a lot of gear!

I used to have a pair of McIntosh MC30's that pushed a pair of Stevens Trusonic 15 (like Altec VOT) co-axial speakers, and that was a great sounding set-up. those speakers took up some serious real estate but sounded incredible. Now I have a Bryston 3B pushing Kef UNIQ C55's, all fed by my techs and a rane mixer. I have been thinking about getting a tube set-up again and a pair of Tannoys. The Bryston sounds great when it is cranked, but sounds a bit hard at everyday levels. I think I will get a pair of single ended 15 watt tube amps. The audio I like to collect is from the disco and breakdance eras.

My friend is an audiophile and actually reviews audio for Stereo Review or something. He has a Linn Sondek, it is quite nice sounding.

here's a question for serge and i5tioneyes: is there an online resource similar to superfuture for audiophiles? i'm not talking about head-fi money splurging; rather i'm thinking about learning more about the equipment, technology, as well as the heritage and vintage pieces.

i5tioneyes - nice. roughly how many albums do you have there? and how long have you been collecting?

johhnyred - i do have records also. if you look carefully above in the first three pictures you can see a thorens and a krell record player. i have recently obtained a linn sondek player through a great and by god is it amazing. personally i think that people overrate the LP's audio superiority to the cd. in fact, the LP produces a superior sound only with expensive equipment and painstaking adjustment. i listen to a great variety of music and use cd's out of convenience.

I agree, records must be in mint condition, played on fantastic gear to really be 'better' than CDs. But there's something more magical to me about the format, that doesn't only have to do with the audio quality. Album art for example is much more impressive on an LP, or gatefold! And as a DJ, I just feel better bringing records. There's something amazing when someone makes a request, and you can say "I lugged this all the way for you!" instead of just pulling up any mp3 on Serato.

But anyway, nice freakin gear! I am seriously going to steal all your stuff