Heads up - barneys COOP sale started today

blm14

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was there any difference in the materials or way the fred perry stuff was cut in the cdg collab? i always thought it was just one of those random collabs to mark up stuff at designer prices.

A friend of mine who is a total Comme head always bragged about it being 'sooo different' but whenever I tried it on, it fit the same. Boxy, baggy, ugly. The lines and logo were in different places, tho.

was there any difference in the materials or way the fred perry stuff was cut in the cdg collab? i always thought it was just one of those random collabs to mark up stuff at designer prices.

imo, it's mostly overpriced. some of the designs are cool, but 3x as cool? prolly not. The cut isnt different. I have 2 FPxCDG sweaters, and they happen to be 2 of my fave sweaters but at full price I'd pass. The best FP gear I have is the 'Made in Italy' stuff, not the CDG collab. at least they're not putting the letters "CDG" underneath the laurel anymore, which they used to. :mad:

god damn this sale is the best shopping experience ive had since those beginning of the year sales in paris last year. I got a $310 soft leather briefcase from Surface to Air for $160 today and a few days ago got some amazing coop brand balck leather shoes that were $185 for $125. I was going to splurge for the $400 APC blazer for $230 but decided to see if the price owuld drop bc the fit wasnt exactly perfect, which it should be for that price. I love this sale!

I need them in a hurry and don't trust Indiana tailors to handle anything over $10. But I know, the $80 tailoring fee was huge, but I like my clothing to fit perfectly. Made minor adjustments to the seat, leg taper, waist, and had them hemmed properly.

For reference, there's a place right across the street on Oak and less then half a block east called Tailor's Touch that does an amazing job on things, usually pretty quickly too. No idea how much it'd be to do your pants however.

For reference, there's a place right across the street on Oak and less then half a block east called Tailor's Touch that does an amazing job on things, usually pretty quickly too. No idea how much it'd be to do your pants however.

Thanks, I'll check them out next time. I worry about going to random tailors just because they might not be up on the latest fashions and know what kinda cut to give a pair of pants like DH or Jil Sander, but in the end I guess there's a chance that the Barneys guy doesn't know either.

hey get smart... dyou think any of the Yohji and comme des would go on sale?

hahaha.

I remember asking a friend to drive me over to the Warehouse sale so I could purchase something, he wanted to go check it out as well and this is basically how it goes:

"400 bucks! That's a steal! And this shirt is now 70% off from $500!"

He had this weird asymmetric expression thing going on with his eyebrows the whole time and finally threw his hands in the air when I bought the 2 cloak dessert boots for a total of 600 bucks.

I was saying "WOW I'm so lucky to get such a good deal!" the whole damn time.

It's really weird, because the Barneys where I am from doesn't sell a single one of these brands. I went in there the other day and asked them if they carried APC and they said no...

ive been in that barneys, it's one of the smaller ones that has reduced stock.

• 3 weeks later...

a lot of shit is on sale (50-70% off, mostly)

i was just told that there's gonna be a further mark-down early next week.

they gave me a cloth shopping bag today. i pump lots of $$$

into barneys so i guess that may explain that

Saw a few early Spring lines, I wasn't too turned off by the Marc Jacobs stuff for once. sale was crazy today in Dallas. They still had almost everything in stock and it was all marked down huge. Dior pants were $160, Margiela jackets for $300, Dolce suits for $470, Nice Collective and Jil Sander shirts were like $20. Hot sale, too bad they didn't have shit in a 36/XS.

Just got back from the one here in Boston. Here's the report...

Ann D: An argyle sweater and a few coats.

Dior: Not a lot at all; just a few button-ups from what I remember. I ended up picking up a sweater though.

Cloak: A couple of jackets and cardigans. And from what I saw on the rack, there were only one button-up and a pair of pants left.

Raf Simons: Some button-ups and pants left, along with a couple of coats.

Margiela: Lots of button-ups and pants, along with some t-shirts and knits left.

Lots of pants from Engineered Garments and Ever, and lots of knits/sweats from Rogues Gallery on the CO-OP racks... along with some button-ups here and there from Paul Smith, A.P.C., and Raf.

As for pickups, I ended up getting this A.P.C. scarf (only $9!) and a Dior sweater ($159, orig. $395). 'Twas a good day.

I don't really know if the following strategy would work but I'll try it and report back next week.

1) My local coop does not carry any APC stuff.

2) I will bring the print out of that APC scarf and tell them that Boston COOP has it.

3) Will wait and see if they can actually sell it to me for 9 bucks.

The boston barney's is pretty tight b/c it's a real barney's, not just a coop.

Is this the NY store in 60th street? cause i went there today and it was already 50% off! Theres going to be another discount after this?

If I find out who bought out my frickin' Yohji jacket and comme des coat that I was eyeing for 4 months, it's clobberin' time!!!!!!!!

But... y'all also saved me some money because the price was still too high for me.

Depends on your size, if you're large (50/40) then you're going to find a lot of stuff. If you're 48 and below, hardly anything—at least that's the feeling I got from quickly going through the store today.

looks like i'm going to be a very happy camper...

looks like i'm going to be a very happy camper...

i went today and to be honest it wasn't anything great. i almost got a umbro by kim jones shirt but it didn't fit me that well. i saw a nice miumiu jacket but it wasn't on sale. i guess there are few nice things by raf simons but don't get your hopes up.